Supplementary battery.

• I'm in the process of adding an small motorcycle battery I have on a shelf to my SS. It will only power my various chassis LEDs. Will be linked to charging system by a relay triggered to recharge it when the ignition is on. This should allow LEDs to operate without risking losing charge on the main battery. But I'm curious - will the charging aystem continue charge the main battery whether or not the supplementary one needs a charge?

• You need a digital isolator. I have been running 2 batteries for a while. I just recently went back to one battery because the second battery finally crapped out. It was pretty much wore out when I installed it. ( I had used it on other stereo projects over the last few years). So when I find another deal on a AGM high discharge battery I will hook the second battery back up.

Hang tight and I will post here what you need. By the way.....That is not a great place to put the second battery. Here is the "how to" I did. That battery you have will fit in the slot in the passenger storage compartment.

• The battery (5.5"x3"x6.5"h) is nestled in a rubber lined aluminum box. Hopefully well protected. Max draw will be 4a. If the supplementary battery is electrically isolated from the main battery and all other circuits when the ignition is off, I'm not sure about the need for a digital isolator. It will be linked only when the 30a relay is closed when the ignition is on. But I will happily take a look at your system as there is a good chance I am forgetting something! Thanks!!

• The only way that you might be able get away with not having an isolator is if you had matching size batteries and they were hooked up in parallel like diesel truck. That way you always should have batteries that were equally draine and need the same or close to the same charge. I'll get the isolator info posted shortly