Summit Point, WV Track Day (Sun, Sep 17th 2017, 7:00am - 6:00pm) (Sun, Sep 17th 2017, 7:00am - 6:00pm)

Date

Summit Point, WV Track Day (Sun, Sep 17th 2017, 7:00am - 6:00pm)

Sun, Sep 17th 2017, 6:00 am - 5:00 pm

201 Motorsports Park Cir, Summit Point, WV 25446, USA

Participants

4 participants, 2 undecided and 0 do not participate

Closing Date: Sep 17th 2017, 6:00 am
  • There is a Track Day with Roger at NCCAR on November 4th. It looks like a really nice track and as much as I love running at Summit Point, I'd be thrilled to drive a new track. I am happy to go where the people go. You guys let me know where you want to run and I'll work with Roger to set it up.

Don't I look like a party pooper
    Can't make the 10/14 Date - Family stuff
    Can't make the 11/4 Date I will be at a Trade show in what is left of Orlando

I guess it is time for me to man up and quit my job. Track Days are more important.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• First of all, thanks a bunch to @TheRock. He works with Roger to set these days up, and each time I have more of a blast.

Also thanks to Rocky and @lrobbi for bringing canopies. If it wasn't for the shade, I would have gone home early. Hot, sticky day for me. As it was, I got tired, and started to make mistakes. Ended up giving two sessions to my co-pilot, so I could rest up. Must have had 1/2 gallon of cold water, which it seems was not enough. They did let us ride with short sleeved shirts, and I got by with a 1/2 helmet. That helped a ton. Nice people.

1/2 way through, we were down to 4 slings, so we had the track to ourselves. I like that, a lot. I am getting slowly better, and this time @3rdwheel didn't lap me every session. He was drafting me at the end of one session, but, he didn't lap me. Yay!

As expected, Rocky and @Jdin were nut cases. Pull to the right, let 'em pass. For the first time, din dude was supercharged (okay), still running stock suspension (whatever) and still running the stock Kenda tires (Yikes!). Didn't stop him at all.

Din dude developed a vacuum leak, some stupid cap went on vacation. Engine was running very funny. Rocky figured it out, and thanks to Robbi dude and a little duct tape, Din dude didn't miss a moment. Impressive.

Caught a little rain on the way home, which I have come to hate. Rain, combined with darkness I really despise these days. Not safe. Just sat it out for 30 minutes or so, at my co-pilots house.

Got home 15 hours after launch. My wife observed that I looked tired, and smelled something awful. True, but I was also very happy. She noticed that too.

I'm trying to figure out the October date. 10/14 is looking not so good, despite my assertions yesterday. Sunday, 10/15 is a better bet for me.

NCCAR is a firm no for me.

All in all, good clean fun. Can't wait to do it again!

The Wrecking Crew didn't wreck, so we are getting better about that. An advanced biker ate some asphalt, and was taken away in an ambulance right at the end of the day. We should count our blessings, and hope they are okay.

Go Track Team!

• A rear view of one of the track runs... SHOT did well - first time on the track since the Air suspense, Supercharger, my big brake kit and a few other goodies.
    Suspension was good, I think I could of firmed it up a little more for corners... The supercharger was freaking ridiculous....numerous times I hit 11.5psi and the engine just took it and asked for tiny bit more :whistling: ... My brakes took some time to get use too as I was not confident. @TheRock said just hit them damn things and feel them - know your threshold! By the end of the day the confidence was there with the brakes....AWESOME DAY Jdin.... thanks again on the third gear!! GREAT DAY!

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• @lrobbi, @dharmab taught me to ride in my comfort zone. Such that I always do, and to hear that you do too, is a wonderful thing.

And, Robbi dude, 3rd gear is the way to go. I'm sold. Keeps your hands on the steering wheel. @Jdin gives wise advise. He drives like a maniac, and doesn't make mistakes. Even Rocky ate a little dirt, but not Din dude.

• A rear view of one of the track runs... SHOT did well - first time on the track since the Air suspense, Supercharger, my big brake kit and a few other goodies.
    Suspension was good, I think I could of firmed it up a little more for corners... The supercharger was freaking ridiculous....numerous times I hit 11.5psi and the engine just took it and asked for tiny bit more :whistling: ... My brakes took some time to get use too as I was not confident. @TheRock said just hit them damn things and feel them - know your threshold! By the end of the day the confidence was there with the brakes....AWESOME DAY Jdin.... thanks again on the third gear!! GREAT DAY!

yeah what a great day. Honest each time gets better and better.

• My suspicion performed better than I thought... looking at the pictures... the front stayed down well in the curves.... and some good down force from the Mini-Spoiler.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• My suspicion performed better than I thought... looking at the pictures... the front stayed down well in the curves.... and some good down force from the Mini-Spoiler.

I completely forgot to look at your mini spoiler.

Well just an excuse to ride down to your place.