Some graphic questions

• I am curious about the graphics that places like slingmods sell and that I see on many of the different Slingshots I see pictured here.

I live in Palm Springs California. Our sun here is very strong and can be very destructive How well do these decals and graphics hold up to extreme sun and heat?

Also if they do fade & or crack are they easily removable without causing any damage.

I have seen several that I might like to try out, but I dont want to apply one only to have it looking like crap after a year or so and then not being able to easily replace it

Thanks

Ed

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have several of the graphics options on mine for close to a year now. I live in NC where it can get hot at times.

Overall I am satisfied with the product.

I have had no cracking. I haven't had anything release or get loose yet either. I haven't peeled anything off so can't say if it is easy or difficult.

I went with the flat graphite look and they still look good - no fading, etc.

The good thing is if you get tired of the look, you can peal off and go in a different direction.

• The AMR graphics kits are very thick ATV style graphics with a 5 yr. warranty against fading.

The @robert.piner graphics and those like them are much thinner, trickier to apply and being standard auto wrap material have, I believe a 2 yr fade warranty.

I have had both styles and applied both myself with help from my wife. The only "trickier" thing with the thinner stuff is you are more prone to get a wrinkle when pushing out bubbles.

I have not tried to remove either, but I think with the right solvent and them staying pliable(not getting brittle)over time, they should come up well without ill effects to paint.

That said, @Painter won't paint a Sling If it's had graphics. He may have further insight as to removal and paint affect.

• I wasn't aware that @Painter won't paint if the Sling previously had graphics. Curious as to the concerns. Thought there was a good bit of sanding and prep on the panels to prepare for paint. Maybe the adhesive for the graphics makes prep more difficult - just a guess.

• I have and had a few of the stickers that @robert.piner sells through Slingmods as well as slingfx.com. I believe he uses Avery vinyl for most of his stuff. The products are good. I had one on for about 8 months and it never faded or picked up and damage. Living in Colorado, I think we get some of the most intense sunlight anywhere and they looked great till the day I took them off. Some would expect that they peeled off in chunks here and there...that was not the case. They all peeled off in the same pieces that I put on. I'd say that is a pretty solid product all in all...especially for the price vs AMR.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• thank you - - I would love to hear from @Painter on this

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have a full AMR graphics kit and live in similar environment. They use a very thick outdoor sign vinyl which should hold up well. That said I would still be concerned over eventual UV fading if outside 24/7. I also did remove one graphics section to add an aftermarket item and it came off fairly easy. Thick stuff so it doesn't tear when you pull on it. Most vinyls will come off pretty easy if you apply heat.

• I wasn't aware that @Painter won't paint if the Sling previously had graphics. Curious as to the concerns. Thought there was a good bit of sanding and prep on the panels to prepare for paint. Maybe the adhesive for the graphics makes prep more difficult - just a guess.

If graphics and residue are removed... no problem. Just don't want to remove as all take different solvents, heat, etc. and I can't spend research time.

• I got this stuff from my paint shop supplier. They recommended it ...I bought it to remove the glue holding on weatherstripping ...it doesn't hurt the paint. Took a while to melt the glue...and some elbow grease... should remove the stuff holding the graphics.

• I need some help with my AMR. full graphics kit. I have some leftover pieces Anyone know where they go?
    I have them turned over to see the shapes better. The pen is there for scale. I think the top three are actually scrap.

You actually did pretty good as that's one helluva jigsaw puzzle..It's best to just take a piece of scotch tape and stick each piece on till you run out. There are some leftovers as you said, the upper right could go where the polaris emblem is on the hood if you removed that. There are a lot of small pieces that wrap around things on the inside. Call AMR on the mistaken design, Chris usually answers the phone and is very helpful.

• There was a Yellow Sling at SSITR with a Alice in Wonderland theme on it all in a wrap. Something like 120 ish pieces i think he said.

Not my flavor, but the skill of the work couldn't be denied.

There was also a sling there that was parked beside @Turbosling. It was a very cool irridecent wrap. I think they were based out of Denver