Brake Failure Light

• I had my Brake Failure light come on twice today, first time I stopped & checked all the wheels looking for a brake fluid leak & found no problems & I had good brakes...second time it came on I did the same thing...both times the light went off after I restarted the SS, after the second time the light stayed off...anyone got any ideas?

• Welcome to the forum @Haste Maker. You can use the search feature to find issues like these. Also there is one thread called catastrophic brake failure but I am not sure if it is for helicopters or slingshots. :00008172:

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• I always allow my gauges to completely cycle thru their bootup before starting my Slingshot.
    I experienced the Brake Failure light a while back. The major inconvenience for me was losing my Cruise Control when the NF light came on. At first, I pulled over an d shut-of the motor before restarting. This reset the BF light and the CC. I eventually just turned the motor off while moving down the road and then just let the clutch out while in 4th or 5th gear. This restarted the engine and shut the BF light off, but the CC wouldn't reactivate for a short time unless I gave it gas and accelerated briskly for a short distance. This usually caused the CC to be available again. The BF sensors were back-ordered and I drove it like that for several thousand miles before they were available.

• Welcome @Haste Maker - looking forward to photos of your ride and adventures.

Any recent modifications?

One thing I don't think we covered in that thread - do you let your gauges fully cycle when you start your ride?

Yes I do let the gauges fully cycle before I start, this happened during the ride...no modifications have been had to the SS

• Welcome @Haste Maker.... Just know that your question comes on the heels of a very similar question posted. Many answers were given and suggestions along with help. Let's just say the horse was taken to the water but we just could not make it drink... :D
    There are several reasons for the light coming on as you will find. In my case I had a faulty brake switch.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Welcome @Haste Maker to the best forum! Many have had the problem you are having, seems to be the faulty brake switch most often. It won't hurt anything, and is still safe to drive. The only thing you'll notice is the cruise control won't work if the light is on. It seems to be a roll of the dice on who has it and who doesn't. I have a 2016.5 with 21,000 on it and have not had this issue. Yet.....

• Welcome @Haste Maker to the best forum! Many have had the problem you are having, seems to be the faulty brake switch most often. It won't hurt anything, and is still safe to drive. The only thing you'll notice is the cruise control won't work if the light is on. It seems to be a roll of the dice on who has it and who doesn't. I have a 2016.5 with 21,000 on it and have not had this issue. Yet.....

So now it's the switch not the sensors....LOL

Haste maker what year is your SS...???

• So now it's the switch not the sensors....LOL
    Haste maker what year is your SS...???

Google "Polaris Slingshot brake switch issue", it shows up listed as both switch and sensor, more often switch is listed first, if not only. Google "Polaris Slingshot brake sensor issue" and many of the links come up to the speed sensor in the rear wheel. Case in point below...

Polaris Slingshot Recalled for Brake Pressure Switch Issue

I, along with many others on this forum, have tried to help you with sound and logical advice, but that didn't work. So I had chosen to just keep scrolling when you post. But that doesn't work when you quote me and try to slam me when I'm helping someone else. Putting LOL at the end of it didn't make me laugh either. If you are going to be a smart ass on here, make sure you are smart first. Otherwise, you'll just appear to be an ass. I would also suggest that you avoid a battle of wits for I fear you don't have enough ammo to do that.

• first of all the LOL wasn't aimed at you or anyone else...the LOL has to do with the fact that the list of defective brake failure light parts keeps growing...maybe I'm the only one that thinks that's funny...I asked if his SS was a 2017 to see if these defective parts are still being used.
    Too many people here take things way out of context for some reason. I never said i didn't appreciate everyone's help. I have tried to help wherever I can. I don't participate on this forum or any other to see if someone might be slighting me whether it's real or perceived. If I can answer a question for someone even if it sounds silly or redundant I will. I get contacted by amazon to answer questions about items all the time. I've spent my time to search for answers for people to their questions just as I have done here and other places.

Everyone needs to chill out....nobody's trolling you.

• first of all the LOL wasn't aimed at you or anyone else...the LOL has to do with the fact that the list of defective brake failure light parts keeps growing...maybe I'm the only one that thinks that's funny...I asked if his SS was a 2017 to see if these defective parts are still being used.
    Too many people here take things way out of context for some reason. I never said i didn't appreciate everyone's help. I have tried to help wherever I can. I don't participate on this forum or any other to see if someone might be slighting me whether it's real or perceived. If I can answer a question for someone even if it sounds silly or redundant I will. I get contacted by amazon to answer questions about items all the time. I've spent my time to search for answers for people to their questions just as I have done here and other places.

Everyone needs to chill out....nobody's trolling you.

Wasn't aimed at me. BS. Where in your post did you mention "Defective brake failure light parts keeps growing"? Funny? There must be a name for what your condition is...

@Bigdog '"Too many people taking things way out of context for some reason". Look in the mirror. I think said reason is there. If it's you against the world... perhaps you are the one that is mistaken.

@Bigdog "I have tried to help wherever I can. I don't participate on this forum or any other to see if someone might be slighting me whether it's real or perceived." It's real, trust me. You came after me.

@Bigdog "I get contacted by amazon to answer questions about items all the time." Wow, really? I do too. All the time. Every purchase I make. Some I even entertain if the product is good.

Done with you. I tried to help, I truly did. Adios Bigdog... I suggest that other forum members follow. I'd block you, but then I couldn't "dislike" your posts.

I haven't done that... yet.