Turn signal problems

• I'm having this problem too, ever since I installed Colorwerkz halos with turn signal integration. Worked fine for a while, but now both turn signals freeze. I'm simply going to take out the taps to the turn signal wires and see what happens. I have the most rotten luck with mods.

• For folks viewing this thread, I want to share some very important information about how the Turn Signal System works. The Flasher Module is the key device that provides all the Flashing of the Front and Rear Turn Signal LED s. The Module is solid state, meaning no relays or moving parts inside. It is a smart device in that it was designed to determine if the turn signal LED s are flashing properly front and back when activated. When you push the turn signal lever to left or right for turns, the flasher module get a signal from a set of contact on the lever that activate the left turn sig circuit. On the first blink action of the module it checks the current that is flowing in the front and rear LED s. There is a range of current that it checks to see that it is met. If the current is too high or low, it will freeze at that point. If within limits, you get flashing.

When you add external LED accessories to the Turn Signal System you can possible cause this system to go over the limit range of the design of the system. If not over the limits, so close to it that some times it will reach over. Intermittent failure are a good possibility.

I found all this out trying to install some LED Strip as a indicator that my turn signals are on. All worked fine when the engine was off, when I cranked up the engine, then the Flashing would not occur. When engine is running, the voltage goes up and there is a current increase, this put my system over the limit.

My solution was to lower the resistance of the Aux LED's to draw less current, putting the system back into limits. It worked. I used a 100 ohm resistor in series with each of the Aux LED leads going to the OEM Left and right LED s

Look at the simple wiring diagram attached below. I found 100 ohms worked for my LED s, if yours do not work go higher with the resistance, 200 ohms, until it works. You LED will not change that much in brightness.

Your lights may draw more current than mine. You your are adding side marker addition LEDs you don't have to add this resistor, only on the turn signal leads.

Here is a view of the Pin Layout of the Flasher module and will show what leads all the OEM turn Signal lights are connected.

Note: The Flasher Module in held in position by a push pin, no screw. A Good pull downward should allow removal. Here is a video on where and how to remove it if needed.

If you are experiencing a turn signal flashing failure after installing aux lighting systems to the turn signal leads, then to find out if this is causing your failure, unplug the aux system leads from the OEM turn signal leads. If you signals go back to flashing, then you need to add resistors to the leads before installing. Good Luck, I have been where you are tying to get.