angle drive just shit the bed

• Gosh Dang it..... don't you going saying catastrophic failure otherwise Bigdog is going to want to start a thread about how we should buy spare angle drives in case they die..........................

Buy one, carry it with you along with all necessary tools and fluids to replace on the side of the road!

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• Oh crap @jluna317 that sucks. I would bet your dealer will take care of you. Hey @MiM you still looking for a gently used angle drive?

Thanks for thinking of me! :thumbsup:

@Ross thats pretty funny .. @MiM all yours just gonna have to pay shipping. the sound that this thing is making is crazy can't even imagine how much metal they are going to find in there I'm just hoping for a quick turn around

Hmm... All that extra metal could be useful... genius-squared

• Well good news claim through Polaris went through with ease dealer made things easier then I thought It was goin to be. I explained to them my situation, and the tech which I have a pretty good relationship tell me not to even worry about I don't have to bring sling in until part arrives I can just send him pictures of what happened. So he needed picture of slingshot it self , the vin the mileage and the damage sent those pics over in an email and the next morning they called to let me know part is on the way which was yesterday. They did inform me that Polaris can't send those regular ups or FedEx they told me freight so will take 5-10 business days to arrive so all is good and I should be back on the road soon

• Well good news claim through Polaris went through with ease dealer made things easier then I thought It was goin to be. I explained to them my situation, and the tech which I have a pretty good relationship tell me not to even worry about I don't have to bring sling in until part arrives I can just send him pictures of what happened. So he needed picture of slingshot it self , the vin the mileage and the damage sent those pics over in an email and the next morning they called to let me know part is on the way which was yesterday. They did inform me that Polaris can't send those regular ups or FedEx they told me freight so will take 5-10 business days to arrive so all is good and I should be back on the road soon

That is a great dealer, as @rabtech would say give out the name so others nearby know of it and use that dealer when possible.

Also grats on dodging that bullet....

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• That is a great dealer, as @rabtech would say give out the name so others nearby know of it and use that dealer when possible.
    Also grats on dodging that bullet....

Yep I agree. It sounds like you have a great dealer. Let us know who it is so we can stop in and buy some goodies from this place....

That is great news!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• It's Indian motorcycle of north Boston to the guys local to me also known as 3a motor sports they are located in Chelmsford/ tyngsboro Massachusetts I've bought every toy I've owned off of them except boat they don't sell them but they sell everything from kids 50's atvs to slingshots.

• Did that ss have any type of forced induction?

Sent from my SPH-L600 using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Yes. One was our turbo kit one was DDM's Sc kit. Looking at the unit the casting is not the best. Im guessing their are just bad ones and good ones. The V8's we do with the angle drive makes 400 lbs of TQ and it's not destroying it.

• Anyone marke a performance focused, aftermarket angle drive that would work in the Slingshot?

none that we are aware of.

It's the swing arm I would like to see something reworked or improved. If something does appear I would suspect it will be a core exchange type deal where the casting is reworked for different bearings and possible an axle. Just thinking out loud...

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• none that we are aware of.
    It's the swing arm I would like to see something reworked or improved. If something does appear I would suspect it will be a core exchange type deal where the casting is reworked for different bearings and possible an axle. Just thinking out loud...

I reworked swingarm over a year ago with 10,000 miles on it so far, it rolls easier with no apparent noise like the needle bearing had. There is no needle bearing. I wouldn't say 10,000 miles is proven yet but it looks promising. The first attempt to have a fix failed within 3000 miles, I had that one refurbished to the same specifications of the one I have been running. Even though I feel it is a good replacement it was a pre-recall swingarm and I do not want the liability of installing it on someone's SlingShot. The major problem is cost, the axle and the swingarm both need to be reworked along with new bearings. The great part of an exchange is the speed of being up and running again, disadvantage is shipping. Until bearings and axles are no longer replaced under warranty and owners start footing their own bill for repairs, this fix will not be viable. By that time I should have logged enough miles to be proven. The speed sensor is kept and nannies work as before.

• @mniron I knew it was someone who had done it just couldn't remember who. Yes, to your point I should have pointed out this would be a post warranty thing that will be interesting to see how it plays out.
    Turnaround time will be key and the willingness to pay the price for an upgrade not just a rebuild.
    Rebuild kits will be the first replacement part that someone will start making money on.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup: