Catastrophic brake failure cause/cure.

• the helicopter hydraulic system has an inherent problem very similar to our brake sensor problem and since they are both hydraulic. Which means they are both similar the problem and the fix might be the same. Now if I don't know the answers to the questions which are very pertinate to the solution I can't tell if I'm on the right track. If I have to take the time and spend the money to answer those questions which I know Damn well someone here knows the answers Why are you trying to make this so difficult. I'm determined to figure out the answer to this problem

Yup I'm out as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Ok you either have a slingshot, found pics of one, or know someone with a ss. I'm sure that's not current as it's dark in every part of the US unless you are in a different country. Long story short what is your problem and why could the ss be like a helicopter? I'm in the airline industry and this seems like a win win situation for me. Since no one has the answers to all of your 30 questions let's move on with the solution to the "catastrophic brake failure" solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

These pictures are on the day I brought it home notice no visor....the lights pictures are ones I installed...now I have halos, lower brows my air horn isn't hooked up yet.

• your SS has ABS because of airplanes...your SS has nitrogen in the tires because of airplanes. Your SS drives on highways with grooves cut in them because of airplanes...your SS has radial tires because of airplanes ...I don't see any way they're related ..even remotely... Your SS has aerodynamics because of airplanes

• I'm all about having fun and can participate in a good tease... Not that way... :00008084:

Ahem... But... How about you're just mindful of your titles Bigdog? Why say catastrophic if it isn't? Or hasn't been...? Why not just say "brake failure light concern"?

I suppose I understand where you are coming from... Insanity is repeating the same action over and over expecting a different result... I suppose that's what you're worried about...?

I had the light on... There's a pic I've posted doing 120mph and it was when that light was on... Brakes still worked as others have said. Dealer did their "fix" and it's been off since... Hasn't come back. Others have said this too... So maybe there already is a fix if done right?

Now if you're worried about getting the fix and then it happens again, fix, then again, fix, then again, well... Then you're insane.... party-squared

• So how many have had the fix done and it never happened again? The helicopter system has the problem all the time because of all the vibrations in the helicopter...our bikes have a lot of vibrations because of the three wheel independant suspension.. And I'm thinking our problem will never go away because of that....

What I can't understand is ...do other Polaris vehicles have the sensor issue or just the SS?

• So how many have had the fix done and it never happened again? The helicopter system has the problem all the time because of all the vibrations in the helicopter...our bikes have a lot of vibrations because of the three wheel independant suspension.. And I'm thinking our problem will never go away because of that....

What I can't understand is ...do other Polaris vehicles have the sensor issue or just the SS?

• Haven't had the light yet, at 12,000 miles. I would like to fix it myself however since it is not under warranty anymore. I'll be watching to see what you come up with Bigdog.

Had my light go on today for the first time at 16K
    Had to mash the brakes to avoid a pair of deer that just appeared out of no where - light came on after that - could be a coincidence
    Light was intermittent all day. Managed to get an appointment to have them changed under warranty with only 3 days left.
    Thought I was going to have to DIY but lucked out. Doesn't look to bad there are 2 sensors located under the master cylinder

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• @Ruptured Duck, @dangerdarrell
    Back me up on my thinking. If I follow the logic from this "smart man: that says it's the vibration from three wheeled suspension that causes this horrible catastrophic brake failure, then our Jeeps with 35 inch off road tires and lifted suspensions must be tearing up those seitcheds.
    COME ON, polaris has admitted the brake switches have been defective.
    END OF STORY.
    Either take the advice you ask for or talk to the mirror who will tell you what you want to hear.

• 21 years of aircraft maintenance and bullsh*t.....

Which one do you need help with?

CATASTROPHIC BRAKE FAILURE CAUSE/CURE

Cause.... air in system.

Cure... Get the air out.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• @Bigdog , Its not so much the questions as to how you ask them. It's a lot like Email etiquette, you need to think how others will respond to your question the way you type it. You come off demanding, try to be a bit more humble among other things.

Why buy one when you can have two at twice the price..... :evil:

• Our probl21 years of aircraft maintenance and bullsh*t.....

our problem is not air related.... air never clogged a sensor... the first thing the dealers do is bleed the systems to not have to change the sensors. Mine was and it turned the light off for about 10 miles... so where did the mysterious air come back from?

As for demanding answers that's not my intention.... I'm not an expert typist and I don't beat around the bush I have to get to the point....I have not changed my sensors myself so I don't know the answers and I figured someone that did could...it's pretty simple if you haven't done it or can't answer the question then there is no point in adding info that doesn't pertain....which so far 95% of the responses doesn't ....

Helicopters have similar sensors in the hydraulic systems... and they both seem to have mysterious black stuff not metal that clog them. The question about the banjo gaskets is to determine if they are dissolving from the brake fluid. Copper won't dissolve but certain rubbers could...black orings dissolving could cause black stuff. There are rubber orings that don't dissolve.

The jeep question is a good one and that's why I wanted to know if other Polaris vehicles has the same problem because the rest of the cars and trucks on the road don't seem to have the problem ..so why helicopters and why the SS?

I'm trying to think this outside the box and connect some dots. As far as Polaris admitting the sensors are bad....why are they still bad 3 years later? Same manufacturer, same design, same faulty materials, or no intention to change anything related to fixing it?

• most likely the brake sensor, I had the same experience and the light NEVER came back after the dealer swapped a new sensor.

Best of Luck!