Catastrophic brake failure cause/cure.

• I don't understand the catastrophic brake failure thing. Did I miss a major issue?

ETA: Are talking about the light on the dash? BAHAHAHAHA. The only thing catastrophic about that light is that if you're OCD like I am or worse, it drives you batshit crazy to drive around with a lit warning on your dash. Otherwise, fuck 'em. Smoke 'em if you got 'em. Carry on.

• I don't understand the catastrophic brake failure thing. Did I miss a major issue?

No its been appropriately addressed several times. The issue is the classic speed sensor failure that some have experienced and had fixed under warranty. Since the ABS light is red it is considered "critical" in this thread. We are now in the process of waiting to know how a Polaris breaking system is like a helicopter tail rotor - I'm keeping my guess simple and sticking with "they both go around". But to hear the answer we have to answer multiple questions .... average wing speed of a swallow .... that kind of thing. But since almost everyone replied that the dealer fixed/replaced the speed sensor it is highly unlikely we will know (but I think my answer is a safe bet)

• If it helps I got the evil Brake Failure light today - Brakes work fine
    Just 3 days before my warranty ends

Gotta go pick up switches / sensors what ever the hell they are ---- they are broken

Don't forget to get fresh seals also...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• No its been appropriately addressed several times. The issue is the classic speed sensor failure that some have experienced and had fixed under warranty. Since the ABS light is red it is considered "critical" in this thread. We are now in the process of waiting to know how a Polaris breaking system is like a helicopter tail rotor - I'm keeping my guess simple and sticking with "they both go around". But to hear the answer we have to answer multiple questions .... average wing speed of a swallow .... that kind of thing. But since almost everyone replied that the dealer fixed/replaced the speed sensor it is highly unlikely we will know (but I think my answer is a safe bet)

African or European swallow?

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• No its been appropriately addressed several times. The issue is the classic speed sensor failure that some have experienced and had fixed under warranty. Since the ABS light is red it is considered "critical" in this thread. We are now in the process of waiting to know how a Polaris breaking system is like a helicopter tail rotor - I'm keeping my guess simple and sticking with "they both go around". But to hear the answer we have to answer multiple questions .... average wing speed of a swallow .... that kind of thing. But since almost everyone replied that the dealer fixed/replaced the speed sensor it is highly unlikely we will know (but I think my answer is a safe bet)

:00010166::00008643:

• You all (but one) have me cracking up! As for the one that doesn't.... either get to the point or not. The choice is yours.... pretty obvious that most all the ones that post here are tired of the BS and smoke and mirrors.

VERY... And I truly mean... My VERY last attempt to assist help you. I have tried so many times, but I have my limit. No matter what my response is, something is less than perfect for you, even if my response was. So last call...

You @Bigdog state that "I'm the kind of person that notices things most people don't". News flash, please notice the responses in this thread..... yes, I'm done hinting. I'm calling you out.

This is a great site for the ones that care and try to help. Don't mess it up for all the ones that are trying to make this place something special, something that can be like family and help each other out. Assimilate or leave. Or, be blocked by so many here that you won't likely get any response.

My $.02.

• .....must have eaten too many paint chips as child, maybe lived under powerlines, lived near a leaky reactor, was dropped as an infant, who knows.....

If you are in fact a guy that notices things most don't and can tell us a story about how helicopter tail rotors and Slingshot brakes are put together then why should any of us waste our time or knowledge answering questions a guy of your caliber can find out for himself?

:POKESS::00000028::00008862::00008172::00008356::00008359:

First of all if I have to take the time and spend the money to do this all myself then I won't have a story to share...because everyone else here already knows the answer.