John McCain

• It has nothing to do with him personally...he just part of the swamp critters..that care nothing about the American people....it's all about them, their healthcare, their retirement and their perks, raises and vacations And getting relected for more of the same.

The man was given a death sentence just over 24 hours ago and you attempt to make a political joke belittling his situation .....

To me it shows a distinct lack of character on your part ...

I may not be a fan of his political actions but have the utmost respect for his service, sacrifice, and office. He earned it. You might try to show him some ....

........ bored-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• The man was given a death sentence just over 24 hours ago and you attempt to make a political joke belittling his situation .....

I hadn't heard that, and had to go look it up. Huh.

I had the opportunity to hear Admiral Stockdale speak at the Naval Academy about his time as a P.O.W., and he briefly mentioned some of the men he was in captivity with, including McCain, as he was relating his experiences in Vietnam. The conditions they endured, for the length of time they endured them, are incredible to hear.

I don't care for his politics, nor the fact that he's been in the seat far too long, although I do appreciate his support for the armed forces. Be that as it may, he's a goddamn American hero, and I will order the flag at my command lowered to half-staff when he passes, White House decree or no.

• I respect his service as much as anyone else that served to give me the freedoms I have. So quit making this about him.

My point is the republicans now have a chance to change the failed healthcare act and supposedly come up with something new and better.... I'll guarantee that if it was a member of my family or yours they will never get the kind of quality medical treatment he'll get from the heathcare plan that all members of congress enjoy because they didn't want any part of a government run healthcare plan. Does that represent the best interest of the people that elected him and the rest of the members of congress? You can have this healthcare plan and we'll have our own. Every members of congress should be forced to be on the same healthcare plan they decide for everyone else...no exceptions.

That said I believe that every person that served should have lifetime healthcare and what's been happening to our vets is a total disgrace and especially John McCain and others should have made it a top priority to make sure that every vet has premium healtcare for life. The VA healthcare and the VA in general has been nothing but a joke. Congress dropped the ball on our vets for decades and for that reason alone they should all be forced to resign.

• You know he just keeps digging his hole deeper, he might have come from the Dark Side and just changed his name one more time. Call it like it is

• Imma kick in my 2 cents here briefly - there are some (many) politicians that I despise their beliefs with every fiber of my being but would not use their name with such a grave diagnosis just revealed. That being said, a cancer diagnosis is about as a solemn an event as any human being can pass and should not be used in any other context than empathy and support !! I understand what you were trying to say @Bigdog - just not a great way to make your point.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I don't necessarily always agree with Sen. McCain's political positions, but I have the utmost respect for what he went thru as a POW. I couldn't understand how so many Republicans, especially veterans, failed to denounce Trump's insult and lack of respect for McCain's service. The North Vietnamese even offered to release him early as a bargaining chip since his Father was the PACOM Commander, but John McCain steadfastly refused special treatment.
    As an aside, I always have liked the A4 aircraft McCain was flying when he was shot down. That aircraft was basically originally designed on a dare that it couldn't be built at the original target weight of 7500 lbs. By the time it finally retired from service, it had been modified to a total weight of 15000 lbs! Quite an engineering feat.

• This thread saddens me. He's an American hero who's served this country for the freedoms I get to enjoy each day ~> politics and health issues aside, I will always honor him (and anyone for that matter who serves in our military and/or civil service job).

*and this coming from a staunch liberal... <~ yeah, I said it (and would lay my life down for this country)!

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png