Miles to Empty

• This will be interesting to see ... and depending on what mods you have could effect this ... like 2+ size wheels and or a Supercharger....

I must admit - I don't pay to attention to it.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• It isn't. Its a 10 gallon tank, right, I'm getting somewhere around 22-25 mpg, but when I run it down to 35 MTE and the display starts blinking "low fuel," if I run it another 20 miles or so, I should be down under a gallon left, and be able to fill it by 9 gal or a bit more. I've never been able to put more than 8 in it. I've kinda given up on the MTE counter.

• It isn't. Its a 10 gallon tank, right, I'm getting somewhere around 22-25 mpg, but when I run it down to 35 MTE and the display starts blinking "low fuel," if I run it another 20 miles or so, I should be down under a gallon left, and be able to fill it by 9 gal or a bit more. I've never been able to put more than 8 in it. I've kinda given up on the MTE counter.

I believe that is by design though so you don't run out of fuel. I think they purposely have your gauge register empty to give you a 1 gallon buffer to refuel cause people love to push the limits before fueling up. I know this is true in my car as my car has a 17.5 gallon tank but even on E I have never been able to fuel up more then 16 gallons.

• I believe that is by design though so you don't run out of fuel. I think they purposely have your gauge register empty to give you a 1 gallon buffer to refuel cause people love to push the limits before fueling up. I know this is true in my car as my car has a 17.5 gallon tank but even on E I have never been able to fuel up more then 16 gallons.

One of these days I'm going to put a full gas can on the passenger floorboard and see how far it really goes after it starts blinking.

• Every motorcycle has a reserve tank....the pitcock valve on a bike has a small dead spot in it and when the gas drops to that level it starts to sputter and you reach down and turn the pitcock the other direction and head to the gas station... So I'm assuming our tank has a reserve of at least a gallon.

Since we're talking about gas and mileage....a friend of mine says he gets the best gas mileage in his full sized 350 van. At Exxon. He uses 93 and he swears it's better than Sunoco and all the others....

Any other Exxon results?

When I first picked my SS up it had 720 miles on it and it said the average MPG were 22. I use Sunoco 93 and right now in pushing 25 MPG...so is it the gas or just the motor and tranny getting loser?

Mine's getting close to empty now I think I'll do the gas can thing and see what happens.

• I think Y'all are nuts. :00008356: First off, running the tank really low or empty is hard on the fuel pump. That's not a cheap or easy repair. The cool gas takes heat from the pump, the less gas there is the more the gas warms and the more the pump heats up. When it does, it causes the pump to fail more quickly. My fuel gauge starts flashing with 2 gallons in it. 2 gallons is the recommended minimum before the fuel, starts to warm and the pump begins to heat up. Polaris says that it's a 9.7 gallon tank. I've pulled into a station just as the gauge started blinking, and I could only get a little shy of 7.7 in mine, so that's where the 2 gallon reserve is based off of.

If I'm driving easy, I will get 30+ MPG. If there is 9.7 available, and the gauge starts flashing with 7.7 used, I should have 2 gallons left. Easily I should be able to get 50 more miles, but 25 would be a safe and conservative guess. Personally I start thinking about getting some by the time I'm at 1 to 3 bars showing. Usually that's around 6 gallons give or take.

As for gas mileage, mine went up after the tune from Bob. Range is usually between 28 and 31, depending on how hard I'm driving it. I do have a lot of open road miles at 60-65, so that really helps mine. Rarely do I drive a tank out that the tires hasn't been spun a few times, and the rev limiter pushed or hit. One day I stayed out of it, just driving in southern Indiana on mostly back roads as a very laid back pace. I got 35.25 on that tank. I didn't get above 50 MPH most of that tank.

• When my gauge said 30 miles to go I put in right around 7 gals... And I agree that running it totally dry would not be a good thing if there is any dirt or corruption in the tank... Never heard about the hot gas thing and fuel pumps...

• You will be getting around 20 with the SC if you are not smashing the throttle. Ya right, like that is going to happen.

So I will be getting around 10 then lol! Talking to you at Jim's is a big reason I picked the parts I did! Looking forward to seeing you next week!

• Im wondering how many miles people are getting out of a tank when they install a supercharger.

2700 miles last few weeks, NM, UT, CO and home from SSitR. I averaged 20.5 mpg with the Alpha supercharger. Some days were better, some days were worse. I don't pay attention to the MTE any more, as it shows I get about 40mpg because of the injector size change. I just start looking for a fuel station around 165 miles. Went up to 210 (took 9.5 gallons) because I found out there are no gas stations between Texline, Tx and Raton, NM after 10 pm :)

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• 2700 miles last few weeks, NM, UT, CO and home from SSitR. I averaged 20.5 mpg with the Alpha supercharger. Some days were better, some days were worse. I don't pay attention to the MTE any more, as it shows I get about 40mpg because of the injector size change. I just start looking for a fuel station around 165 miles. Went up to 210 (took 9.5 gallons) because I found out there are no gas stations between Texline, Tx and Raton, NM after 10 pm :)

9.5 is about as close as you can get to running on fumes..

Knowing how far you can actually go on a tank is good to know as you just found out..

• 160 miles a day and usually have 1 dot left, some days I get low fuel light. Average 21mpg. But I do try and keep it under 100mph. :whistling:

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing: