D.U.I.D.E. Law

• Not surprising. Washington state is also becoming as commieful and liberal-loopy as Massachusetts, California, or New Jersey. It's the bad influence of the tree-hugging, furry-armpitted, liberal loons who run Seattle politics.

• This comment isn't a ding on LEOs.

Have you ever noticed how distracted LEOs can be while driving? Typically they are keying in a plate number on the laptop mounted next to them and reading the screen to see if any issues are on the record.

• I am in Settle now and wearing my "Make America Great Again" hat. Imma really gettin some strange looks from the dreadlock, man bun, and liberal women......but nobody has tried to take it off me....don't make the South rise again :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• To me texting while driving is gross negligence and I'll be suing you for everything you used to own. Driving a vehicle 70 + MPH like I see on the turnpike in the passing lane everyday is an uncontrolled deadly weapon. May as well be shooting a gun into a crowd. You might hit someone you might not.. I keep thinking about the young idiot in Texas that killed 13 innocent people when he crashed into a bus while texting. He ruined many many lives plus his own worthless one.

• Cells phones and stupidity are the two main reasons I gave up riding 2 wheels back and forth to work. I still see plenty of both at other times, but haven't given up the bikes yet. Sharon and I still enjoy getting out on 2 wheels at times, although we don't do that nearly as much as we used to since we bought the Slingshot.

• This comment isn't a ding on LEOs.

Have you ever noticed how distracted LEOs can be while driving? Typically they are keying in a plate number on the laptop mounted next to them and reading the screen to see if any issues are on the record.

While the mobile radio is going off, fire pager toning, radar tracking tones sounding, air conditioner noise, Mobile computer call notes are being updated, cell phone is ringing with the mayor calling wanting information about "whatever is going on", wife texting "what's for lunch or do you have time to eat" and Stevie Ray blasting out on the good times radio. Yes, good cockpit management skills are required.

One of the officer's I work with rear ended the fire chief when he looked at his MDC approaching an intersection. ooops.

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• I too sold my two wheel bike several years ago because frankly it's getting really scary ...my advice to all bikers is...drive it like everyone else is intentionally trying to kill you...trust your instincts if you think someone is going to pull In front of you, approach it that way....actually if you just assume everyone is going to pull in front of you is the best way to drive...

I'm waiting to get pulled over for riding the white line....if you notice most drivers are riding the white lines when they pass you...I do it all the time especially at night...

One more thing...to me I'd rather be on the road with speeders....at least someone that's speeding is paying more attention to the road than someone texting..

• While the mobile radio is going off, fire pager toning, radar tracking tones sounding, air conditioner noise, Mobile computer call notes are being updated, cell phone is ringing with the mayor calling wanting information about "whatever is going on", wife texting "what's for lunch or do you have time to eat" and Stevie Ray blasting out on the good times radio. Yes, good cockpit management skills are required.
    One of the officer's I work with rear ended the fire chief when he looked at his MDC approaching an intersection. ooops.

No doubt the men and women (can I say that in this gender neutral world?) in blue are managing a lot of activities while on patrol- along with watching for drunk drivers and on alert for others intending to do harm to the officer.

Got to be a stressful seat to sit in.

• Having known a lot of LEO over the span of my career I have learned a little about them. They do a job that many of us would not have a stomach for. They have to go into situations and make split second decisions that can effect many people's lives forever. Ninety nine percent are in it for a true desire to help the public and keep us safe. They have to wear many hats - such as a counselor or referee for example. Be subjected to insults many of us would have a hard time brushing off - and all that with the possibility of some scumbag walking up assasinating them for no reason in today's environment. IMO there was a respect for the law - and the badge - that has deteriorated since my youth and should be restored. ALL THIS - and they sure ain't in it for the big bucks!! God Bless all LEO !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• May I chime in here for a second. as a Trooper we do have a lot going on in our cockpit, and Yes i love my in car computer, but i have learned over the years what not to do. I still use my radio for running traffic as i am driving, i fell like if i am on my computer typing i am no better than the citizens texting while driving. I have to make my dispatcher earn there pay lol. But seriously I have worked and seen more bad accidents not from drunk or high drivers, but from cell phone use. Just last week I worked an accident that could have been deadly, luckily they both were not hurt to bad. Had a subject face timing and rear ended a truck. The impact was so hard the driver seat of the truck was broken, along with his rear end and drive shaft. the car that rear ended the front was caved in and pushed back. only god was with them and they survived. I can stand out outside my house just about anytime and just watch people drive by with there phones up. and at night it's a given with there cell phone light in front of there face lol. Years ago we had drunk drivers and then prescription pills now cell phones. Don't get me wrong technology is great, but I think it is going to be our down fall also. Just my opinion that's all. lol

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• I don't and won't have computers in our cars. The dispatchers don't like it. Too bad for them, do your freak'n job and let the cops do theirs. As far as the job,.. well, I drink,... a lot,... it helps me forget stuff (temporarily) so I can sleep.