SlingShot "OEM Style" switch, but

• Just registered, and this is my first post on the site. I've been a member on another forum for a few years now, but just got around to registering here! So here is my question...

I'm looking for a specific type of switch for my SS. I already bought a 3-pack of regular OEM style SPST rocker switches. However, for this particular project (Entry gate opener / Garage door opener), I need "momentary" switches. I would prefer to have a OEM style DPDT Momentary rocker switch, so all of my switches at least "look" the same. However, I'm not aware of, nor can I seem to locate a factory looking switch (which I think is made by a company called "Otto"), that fits the bill. I guess, if it comes down to it, I could use one of the "blanks," drill two small holes in it, and use two push button switches, but they would obviously have to be REALLY small to fit. I like doing these types of projects myself, plus I think it's a little dumb to pay that much for the garage door opener kit, or the HomeLink button (which is $199) from Polaris. All I've got to do is take apart my two "clickers" solder two wires to each circuit board, connect them to the switch and BAM, I've got my openers connected to switches. Hiding the circuit boards behind the dash is easy, so that's not a problem at all.

Any suggestions on the switch I'm looking for?

2017 Blue Navy SS - Mods coming soon!

• Welcome to the Forum. I did some research a while back for a proj. needing DPDT switch for the dash and could not find one. Went online and ordered many, but ended up using a larger switch.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• Welcome to the Forum. I did some research a while back for a proj. needing DPDT switch for the dash and could not find one. Went online and ordered many, but ended up using a larger switch.

So I'm assuming you had to drill out a slot and install this switch somewhere else, since it's larger than the factory ones?

I guess I'm going to have to go with the tiny push button switches. I'll just need to find them slim enough to where I can install two of them into one of the "blanks." From what I've seen, I shouldn't have a problem finding them that small. I've just never bought those types of switches before.

• The Modoor is $99.99. I caught it on sale for 10% off so it was $89.99. That's not too bad - & it has the momentary switch included.

Polaris Slingshot In-Dash Garage Door Opener by Mo-Door

I keep looking it that, but it's hard for me to do that when I can build it for under $10.... Then I can put that money towards another project I can't build myself (Like that MeanSling Sport Top I've been eye-balling)!

• I keep looking it that, but it's hard for me to do that when I can build it for under $10.... Then I can put that money towards another project I can't build myself (Like that MeanSling Sport Top I've been eye-balling)!

Understood! :thumbup: BTW, welcome to the forum!!!

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I also thought about taking apart one of my un-used OEM switches to see about turning it into a DPDT switch, but I don't know that I'm willing to sacrifice one of my switches, haha. That's probably a bit over my head and I don't even know that it's possible. If I could just get it to return to the center "off" position, rather than staying down, or up, I'd be good to go. But like I said, that may not even be possible, and then I'll have ruined one of my switches.

• Are you using two switches for opening both

No, I'll be using one momentary switch for opening both. Hold the button up to open 1#, hold the button down to open #2.

Here's one quick example of wiring a garage door opener to a witch. I'll be doing something similar to what's in this video. I haven't made up my mind yet, but I'll either order new clickers and take them apart to use just the circuit boards, or I'll take mine apart, drill tiny holds in the shell of each clicker and run the wires through the holes to the switches (so I can still have my clickers intact, if needed later on.

• I don't know if this will help you but here is what I did
    I ran out of places for switches and needed to operate more than 1 door
    Found this mini remote and used some 3M tape to mount it to the side of the dash - works great
    Lift master mini remote

890max_cw_detail.jpg

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!