500 Mile Oil Change Procedure for Snazzy 2

• Break In period is compete for Snazzy 2. 500 miles has been reached. She is road worthy now to produce the full fun designed to be experienced. Here is the details of the process to perform your own Oil and Filer Change on your Slingshot. I show how you can do this all without going under the Slingshot. Only a few tools are necessary and you can do it without event jacking it up. I do show precautions to observe, so always think safety while doing this. Always have your brake on, in gear, wheel blocked. Old oil can be taken to any Auto Parts Store and they will take it free of charge.

Edited once, last by Samowens44 ().

• Break In period is compete for Snazzy 2. 500 miles has been reached. She is road worthy now to produce the full fun designed to be experienced. Here is the details of the process to perform your own Oil and Filer Change on your Slingshot. I show how you can do this all without going under the Slingshot. Only a few tools are necessary and you can do it without event jacking it up. I do show precautions to observe, so always think safety while doing this. Always have your break on, in gear, wheel blocked. Old oil can be taken to any Auto Parts Store and they will take it free of charge.

I still have not been able to pull the drain plug without jacking up or pulling the tire. Of course I do have a pace maker so I can not lay across the tire.

• Thanks for your comments guys, I found that I could get to the oil plug from above and I really want to show that, as a lot of folks do not want to crawl under the Sling or maybe can't. I understand FunCycles limitations of the tire lean over with pace maker, but, if you don't have a pace maker it is the way to try and you do not even have to jack it up. It hit me as I saw the plug from above. Wow, Universal joint and extension and you saw me do it.
    I am trying to encourage new owners to try the stuff I show and will try to be as detailed as I can. You do need a universal that is tight and not real loose. You need long sleeve shirt, as the engine is hot to your arm trying to put the plug back in and screw in. Good luck on your oil changes, and Ladies, you can do this also. Your skinny little arms can get right to the plug, that is the hardest part in the process.

Here is a comment I like from my youtube channel about different options of Oil Filter Wrenches.
    Lou Fraulo Sr34 minutes ago
    Nice video well done. Just an FYI you can buy a flatter filter wrench ion Amazon Ecotec oil-filter offset wrench 32mm 3/8" Drive Chevrolet: HHR, Cobalt, Cobalt SS, Malibu, Cavalier, S10, Malibu/MaxxWhich allows you better clearance and will remain on the filter allowing for simple removal.

• For the folks that watch my video over time, you will see, I am a problem solver type guy. I will use on occasions, tools not mint for the task I show. I always try to used the proper tools and tell you about them. All of us use improper tools to perform a task, due to speed, ease, or don't have the proper tool. A while back my first oil change I showed using a crescent wrench and the Channel Locks to get the Oil Cap removed. I did not know that there was a short shoulder socket made for the GM Ecotec Engine. I went out and purchase one. I used it on my second oil change and to my surprise if you use it to totally remove the filter cap you can not get the socket off the cap and you are stuck. you have to only unscrew a little, far enough to get the socket off then unscrew the cap. Well the cap was too tight to do by hand. My trusty channel locks came to the rescue.
    Folks, I solved a problem with what I had available. I have been told there are better tools that will help remove the cap better. I am going to stick with what I have. All else, you can buy the whole cap and filter as a unit if you find your cap has marks on it.
    So folks, please view my video with the understanding of my main message and try to use the proper tools at all times. Oh, and have your Channel Locks ready, just in case.

• I put one of the Fumoto drain valves on my Slingshot. On future oil changes, all I need to do is place the used oil collection pan, reach under the motor and remove the retention clip, flip the lever and wait for the oil to drain. Then just flip the lever back, replace the clip, change the oil filter, install new oil, and I'm done.

If you decide to install this drain on the Slingshot, you should also get the adapter (ADP-107) since the drain plug hole is recessed a bit.

This valve also has a nipple which will allow me to slip a small hose onto it. Then I can direct the flow of used oil so that there's not as much mess.

Be aware that the website will advise against using this particular valve (F107N) on low-clearance vehicles. However, since the Slingshot's drain plug is on the side of the oil pan and not on the bottom, the valve causes no clearance issues. Also be aware that you need to order the retention clip (LC-10) as a separate part if you want one. It does not come with the valve.

• My GMC pickup has the same oil requirement for warranty purposes...dexos is half oil and half synthetic.... They can examine your motor microscopically and tell which oil you used for warranty claim purposes.

So how expensive is the Polaris recommended oil?

For our warranty do we have to use Polaris oil til it's over and then use other oil?

• I will let you read the warranty information found in your owner's manual and other paperwork that you should have received when you purchase the vehicle or discuss with your servicing dealer in order to determine whether or not using a different oil would void the warranty as I am not willing to be liable for any statement I make in such regards

• Folks, I have performed routine maintenance on every vehicle I have owned, even Harley, and Goldwings and I have never in my life of 73 years had an engine failure do to improper oil and filter. If you perform your maintenance according to the scheduled time periods I have total confidence that all will be fine. I have always used a fine grade of oil of the manufacturers specifications. I have never seen where you must use a manufacturers brand oil and products. They always say they are available at your Polaris Dealer. My STP Full Synthetic 5W-30 Oil DEXOS was $26.99 on sale at Auto Zone. The filter was $6.49 Fram Ch9018.
    Now, I do not abuse my engine. I do not over rev, or put it to high performance runs. I drive in a reasonable manner. I do not add any performance enhancements equipment at all to the engine. To anyone that watches my video, I show you how to perform a task and what I use in the way of products. I will not tell you what you should use. You as an owner must meet your feelings of security, use the Polaris Brand if there is any question in your mind as to worry. I have read the Owners Manual and I feel they are telling me I just meet the oil specifications for the Engine, which is a GM Motor.
    Folks Polaris Gave us an Owners Manual, that means we as owners can perform the maintenance if we have the skills. It also does not say anywhere that I must use Polaris Oil and Filter for Warranty purposes.
    My message is how to perform the oil change maintenance and what Sam Owens uses in his engine. All other fluids in the Slingshot are shown as to what specification is required. I am going by that.

Here is what the owners manual has to say in a break down.