MeanSling Hood Lift

• I installed my MeanSling hood lift assist this weekend, and wanted to give it a big thumbs up. Once installed, you will ask why Polaris ships a SS without the lift installed.

Install was VERY easy, a few bolts, and one hole to drill. Don't let the hole scare you, it is obvious where it goes when following directions. Probably took me 30 minutes, about 10 to actually install, maybe 20 for the paint to dry (you touch up the drilled hole to prevent rust). EASY

The lift takes away allot of the force/pull previously required to raise the hood. My gut, the hood is now much less likely to crack or be damaged in opening. Very happy with product.

I know the lift is mentioned in a thread on the Mean Sling top, wanted to give the lift its own mention....

Home | MeanSling

• @McClendons thank soooooo much for the call out. I really appreciate the feedback for the instructions so that it can be made even easier to install.

Very appreciative for the purchase and glad you like it.

P.S..... we don't need to tell Polaris to start installing.... smile-squared

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Does it affect closing?

Can I still drop it like it's hot? :D

Yes, I'm a slammer... One latch doesn't catch, so I end up pressing that side down....

yes it's just a little more controlled... Even for a slammer.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• The one thing I noticed, I have to take one hand on the front latch area like normal, but use second hand to push around the hood vent....the lift does have some slight pressure to keep it open, and just trying to pull from the front required a fair bit of pull. Just over half way or so, most pressure seems to be overcome, so hood will drop in a more controlled fashion. I use the "drop" technique as well, and before the lift it seemed like about 80-90% of the time I had to then press on the drivers side back latch. With the lift installed, I've closed the hood about 10 times, and had to only push on the hood twice. Know it is a small sample, but seems to be better.

The one part I love, the closing speed when dropped is lower, does not seem to slam and flex the plastic as much. My gut, things less likely to break.

• @Zeeboo are you talking about Madstad's version or DDMW?

Also with the optional strut?

I did install the kit onto two SlingShots at SSITS that had the Madstad's version without the strut.
    The instructions are basically the same for that lift.
    It does change the operation slightly but it retains functionality.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• I did not know there were 2 version of the hood extenders,I would like to add the ones that make the hood open more and the struts to make it easier to open,help me out on this if you can.sorry for being so ignorant,but I spend most of my time in the NSFW part of the forum.

• Meansling, I had a supercharger installed, and my hood lift was removed. I need to reinstall on the drivers side, as it no longer fits the passenger. Can you send me the install instructions? Did not keep mine.

Thanks

• Meansling, I had a supercharger installed, and my hood lift was removed. I need to reinstall on the drivers side, as it no longer fits the passenger. Can you send me the install instructions? Did not keep mine.

Thanks

@McClendons
    Send me an email so that I can send it to you. pbennett@meansling.com

It might take a day or so. I'm currently out of town but should be able to get you a copy this week.

Hope that's OK?

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Does it affect closing?

Can I still drop it like it's hot? :D

Yes, I'm a slammer... One latch doesn't catch, so I end up pressing that side down....

When we installed our Madstad windshield I had to ever so slightly adjust the hood to keep from hitting the windshield when closing, a benefit of doing the adjustment was that afterwards the hood did much better with closing and latching. The MeanSling hood lift causes the hood to come down more flat, and like McClendons, we now very rarely find an unlatched latch, (though we still check.)

Bill

Thanks

Here's the link. It's on the website. a2051c_b1f24f7f24bc47eea94cc3758fe57e0a.pdf Oops! Sorry, I read the post but not the date! :S