Putting together "annual ride in" to the Huntsville Polaris Slingshot facility.

• I was so excited to type this and get it posted that I want to apologize in advance for spelling and grammatical errors that may be in it.... I just wanted to get what has been rattling around in my head out to the forum.,

For quite a while now I have wanted to put together the ultimate gatherings of Slingshots. My vision is to bring as many owners together as possible and having Polaris involved at the same time. So with the help of Spencer @ Champion Powersports I have had a couple of meetings at the factory. And after todays meeting it was pretty clear that the Huntsville factory was onboard with the idea. I left the meeting today with some ideas on how to move forward with this event. And I can now lay out the first taste of what MAY be offered when this is put together.

Now here is something to keep in mind,,,, The Huntsville factory will give anyone a tour of the facility from the catwalk on the upper floor looking over the building of the products. So if Polaris didn't want to come on board and sponsor the event we can still have the event and still have guided tours throughout the day. We just wouldn't have any Polaris demo rides and no Polaris sponsorship for paying for things that would be needed like advertising and permits and event insurance and much more ....... To get their support I have to come up with an timeline and rough itinerary for the days that this is going to happen on. I will then send it to the to the Media department and they can determine how much support , if any, that they want to be involved with. I honestly believe the forum has been very positive for them and very helpful in its own little way to Polaris. And with that said I believe we will get Polaris's blessing and support. That is just my personal feeling on this.

I have learned that there is a lot more to putting something like this together than I first thought. Especially when there is the possibility of having several hundred or even thousands of Slingshots converging on the city for 3 or 4 days. So what I want to know from this thread is what you guy and gals think of my idea and what time of the year would this need to happen. I first thought sometime in October but the more I thought about it the more it seemed like that wasn't long enough to plan. And then like anyone with OCD I worried that I may be overthinking some of this info and maybe we could pull off an October event.

There are also so many awesome things to do in Huntsville. The Space and Rocket center is located there. They have many hotels and restaurants. And one of the best rides is from Huntsville to Lynchburg TN to tour the Jack Daniels Distillery. There are just so many good roads in our area. IT IS THE PERFECT PLACE TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN>>>>>

Now here is the other great thing.... Our vendors on the forum will have a wonderful place to setup shop. Spenser and I have tossed this idea back and forth about where we want the vendors to be located. And I am really in favor of Pointe Mallard Park. They have so much area that is covered and concreted. And it is a RV Park also... So you camper and motorhome lovers will be right at home....

So there ya go... I cant make everybody happy I'm sure. But I want to do my best... So this thread is about discussing the possible dates for this to happen. As well as discussing rides and things that people would enjoy doing and seeing.

I have put the key in the ignition and started this car.... So lets see if we can make it a fun journey. :D

Here are a few pictures of some of the places i mentioned above.

Pointe Mallard Park

• Love this idea.

Just remember one thing and that is that everyone does not trailer their SS to the events. The point being the event should happen in warmer weather than Oct. so that the those driving their SS can drive to the event. If it is a winter time event then you will only have trailered Slingshots at the event.

• Just remember one thing and that is that everyone does not trailer their SS to the events. The point being the event should happen in warmer weather than Oct. so that the those driving their SS can drive to the event. If it is a winter time event then you will only have trailered Slingshots at the event.

Yeah but Oct is fantastic weather here in NW AR. Would love to make the ride then!!!

• Just remember one thing and that is that everyone does not trailer their SS to the events. The point being the event should happen in warmer weather than Oct. so that the those driving their SS can drive to the event. If it is a winter time event then you will only have trailered Slingshots at the event.

We would be driving from Wisconsin so October is about the end of regular driving season as the rains set in at the end of the month. Driving in November is restricted to nice dry days only.

You can't try to make it work for everyone as folks with kids still in school might be hard pressed to attend during the week. You've got the trailer issue. You've got the Ozarks Invasion at the beginning of the month. And the list goes on as you get more and more people. You've just got to pick a good time that has historical had good weather and pull the trigger IMHO

• You all are doing exactly what I wanted to see. Everyone is going to bring up really good points and great ideas... So keep the thoughts coming..

We all know that there is no great time to do anything that works out for everyone.. All we can do is see what the majority says and see how we can work it out the best....

• Honestly October is by far my most booked month of the year.

Early spring would give time to really pull this together.

Regardless of when this will be a great event and will help in anyway I can.

Thank You @rabtech Bobby for pulling this together... You sir have a heart of gold!

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• It was 52 degrees this morning when I got up in Cripple Creek, CO !! The cool/cold is WAY better than the 100 degree weather I left in coonass land!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it