Slingshots Skyline Drive Ride to Big Meadows

• Pfft. Was a great day, with great weather, and a great ride.

Unfortunately @lrobbi and I had to find out who of our friends are really ours. A blind turn, and they ditched us.

That's okay. Robbi dude and I headed back to town. Two wineries, and a tittie bar in Front Royal - we didn't miss any of the rest of the gang. Last I heard, they were eating affordable sandwiches in Sperryville, and not answering phones. We were folding $1 bills.

Taking notes.

• No ditching man. Big Meadows was our next stop. You two drove right by it. Big sign and all.

confused-squared

Never seen the sign for Big Meadows after we got behind the bicycles and focusing not to hit them as we pass ... no biggie, my lesson learned - all good!

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• No ditching man. Big Meadows was our next stop. You two drove right by it. Big sign and all.

confused-squared

Rocky said next stop 38 miles. Big Meadows was like 10. Robbi dude and I were there, possibly on the wrong side of the parking lot.

No worries, we had fun without you.

• I know how hard it was to see the ten foot tall by fourteen foot wide sign for "Big Meadows" when you are travelling at a blistering 30 MPH.

WoW !! Okay. No problem. My Lesson learned - it's ALL good!

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,

• WoW !! Okay. No problem. My Lesson learned - it's ALL good!

Wow = yes
    Okay = no
    No problem = no.
    Lesson learned = yes
    All good = no

Speed limit was 35 mph. We got up to high 40s. Maybe we just blasted past you guys. Buzzy mirrors and poor rear visibility might be to blame.

Still sour. Still plotting revenge.

• There really was no ditching. I was the one driving in front of Lewis, so this is my fault. When the group turned at the sign for Big Meadows I hung way back from the group and saw both of your headlights when I turned. I came to a complete stop going up the ramp and was surprised to see you guys drive by. @Webweaver1021 was kind enough to allow me to borrow his phone to contact you guys as I had no phone service at all. The lack of phone service for most of us lasted through the stop at the Fire pit pizza joint till about half way back home.

My sincerest apologies that any one feels that they were ditched. I will make it up to both of you with your choice of wineries and gentlemen's clubs. No revenge is necessary. I'm sure by now you both know I would never ditch either of you.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Dude, trash talk is just trash talk. Just havin' fun.

It was a fine ride, on a fine day, with fine friends. No fault to be found. Just a little kerfuffle at the end, which sometimes happens. We found our way home without a problem, and probably missed you at the pizza joint by 10 minutes.

Known you for a while. Not your nature to ditch anyone.

But, such that I was noisy, and you offer wineries and a gentleman's club, I accept. How about tomorrow?

Edit:

As for revenge, I have two scores to settle with Rocky, going back almost 2 years. And, @STYLN is in the queue too. By the time I get to you, you will be a grandfather. Sleep well tonight, and hope to see you again soon!

• Seriously... all ...all good. Looking forward to our next event...beautiful mountains in VA and other spots.

At the end we had a good ride...
    Thanks @ethermion

Gotta hit a wine festival...so many in the VA /MD area

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,

• Seriously... all ...all good. Looking forward to our next event...beautiful mountains in VA and other spots.

At the end we had a good ride...
    Thanks @ethermion

Gotta hit a wine festival...so many in the VA /MD area

Sorry we missed all the fun. Wifey and I had a couple of friends blow into town (we knew they were coming), but we were pressed for time. We decided to shoot down to the Car Show in Clarksville. I'll post the pics later, and by no means was I trying to hi-jack this thread. Just want to put that out there!!! :00008359: I just wanted to apologize for not making the Skyline Drive ride.
    Glad everyone had a great time and made it home safe. And for further reference...V-SHOT LOVES WINE AND IS SOMEWHAT OF AN AVID ENTHUSIAST IN ALL MATTERS CONCERNING WINE!!!! Just sayin'!!!!!!! :00008084: