cruise? brake?

• ok made it home safely...so here is the story,,drove today,,on cruise no issues....3/4 way there,,,on cruise,,the cruise shuts down?..i tried it again..it went on (the green cruise light) for about a second.....tried again same result,,tried 3rd time,,and nothing...fine....i will run without it...still no dash lights at all...no stabilitrak,,or traction control lights showing up, no codes..parked bike. On way home..bike is fine for short time,,,20-30mins...doing highway speed,,and then bike starts slowing down slightly as if i let off the gas for a sec,,(but i didnt), kept my foot on gas and bike speed went down and up and down then ran normally, (i am not using cruise control at this time) then bike slows almost the same feeling as if i WAS using cruise and it cut off like sensor went out?..then bike ran fine for about 5 mins...then it did same thing,,,stutter like cruise disconnect..almost like gas filter had a piece of dirt,,,?? anyways,,this kept up all the way home,,,then about 3 miles from home the traction control light lit up..squiggly lines with car, I then stopped for gas,got back in bike and the squiggly lines stayed on (usually after restart the squiggly lines turn off with reset, not this time....then 1 mile later,,making a turn to home,,the squiggly lines, diappear?! ..then i was home and parked? ..so now i have to back up a bit with this,,what i did 2 weeks ago,,,i took off that magnetic switch and put that NAPA mechanical switch on? i thought it was that,,but i looked and saw nothing So is this a SENSOR for traction/stabilytrak? issue?....and can i repair/replace this myself..or does anyone here know how its done and can help me do this? thanks..Also i am out of warranty,,but before i got to dealer..try to fix me self? thanks for any help...:)

• Suggestion:
    Do a simple check of your brake system. Back your Sling up toward a wall or put something up to reflect your brake lights..... hit and release your brakes.... check to make sure your brake lights go off every time you release. I suspect your brake lights are hanging on and possibly energizing while you are driving.... I had an aftermarket third brake light flasher that did not play well with my system and triggered the traction control along with brake lights staying illuminated after release. Your installed brake switch adjustment might be wonk...

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• ok,here is the update...i removed the polaris mercury? brake switch..and installed the NAPA..mechanical switch..that WAS working fine for a while,,,and apprently it moved a touch to make and break ,along my ride...so i installed a locking washer..it seems ok now,,but i need to take it for a shakedown cruise..will update...:) but confidence is high....

• Suggestion:
    Do a simple check of your brake system. Back your Sling up toward a wall or put something up to reflect your brake lights..... hit and release your brakes.... check to make sure your brake lights go off every time you release. I suspect your brake lights are hanging on and possibly energizing while you are driving.... I had an aftermarket third brake light flasher that did not play well with my system and triggered the traction control along with brake lights staying illuminated after release. Your installed brake switch adjustment might be wonk...

yeah,,this was the issue,,i added a lock washer to hold down bolt,,time will tell...lol

• I've been thinking about this brake failure thing from all angles and dirty or dirt clogged sensors don't make sense.....if the sensors were clogged with some type of matter, why would the problem be intermittent? How do they unclog themselves to work once in a while? If it's "dirt" where is it coming from and what's causing it?

Question for rydahog and airoutlaw...have your sensors ever been replaced? If so we're they "dirt" clogged with something? Did the problem return?

This brake light switch you changed out...has Polaris ever raised the issue about the switch being at fault? Has there been any other known issues of brake light switches sticking?

Two more questions...does our original brake light switch just need adjusted to make it totally disengage?

Are you having any issues with your emergency brake....mines been adjusted tighter to hold the bike...I had the rear wheel removed and the e brake doesn't work again....could e brake issues cause the brake light faulted light to come on?

• BIGDOG. i had some sensors changed when i went in for angle drive/steering bolt/ and something else? but recall stuff..and it was working fine,,until recently..and i came across this fix? the magnet brake switch fails...so i changed it so this napa mechanical switch. it has been fine and no dash lights till this weekend,, but it was not switch failure, it was the bracket that holds switch moved ever so slightly, causing my issues i posted about,,,so i installed a lock washer under the bolt that hold this bracket,,and i am in trial run,,haha now..as i call it shakedown cruise...as soon as i get update on it holding i will post..as far as polaris knowing or doing anything..?? i dont know..no issues with E brake...i dont know if that causes lights on dash if its not working correct,,i do not use my E brake that much..i found that when i do engage it...then i have squeeling noise from someplace back there.

• Thanks man,,,how are you doing> hot as hell here in gator land,,hahah...

Doin fine Brother!! It's been a rainy spring/summer so far up here. Almost middle of July already!!!! Time is flying by WAAAY too fast for us!!!
    Safe travels, and I'll be watching for your update once you get in a good "Shake down cruise"!! :00000019::00000019:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Are you having any issues with your emergency brake....mines been adjusted tighter to hold the bike...I had the rear wheel removed and the e brake doesn't work again....could e brake issues cause the brake light faulted light to come on?

WELL NOW I HAVE A QUESTION!

Explain what you mean by the e brake doesn't work? You had it adjusted tighter..... now it doesn't work after you removed your wheel.....

Whatdaya mean it don't work? It has no resistance when you pull up on the handle? (Maybe the cable is broken from being too tight... but I'm just going to assume, you've checked to see if the e brake cable is taut and not loosely just hanging... )
    More curious than diagnostically speaking here, but what gives you the impression the e brake doesn't work?? Seems that would be easy to chase down even for a knucklehead like me!

Funny, some cars give specifications for how many "clicks" an e brake should engage with to operate at optimal level. 6 to 8 clicks is sufficient lock down.

I put my stick in 1st gear on hill just because the forks in the tranny hold it a lot better..... it's a hill... automatics grab/ engage the tranny forks when they are in "P".... same applies to sticks.

Just don't forget to take it out of gear when you crank up and release the clutch.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)