Custom Rear Windscreen for Madstad Stinger Top

• After running the dual rear WP exhaust with a F4 +5 windshield and Stinger top I have been sucking fumes. I mocked up a template for a rear windscreen and made a cheap version to test out. Since then I have worked with a local sign making shop to produce a rear windscreen that will function to stop exhaust fumes and look awesome. CNC cut 3/8" material with routed/rounded corners and flame polished. (NOTE: After they quoted prices, I dropped the idea of CNCing them. I can do it by hand for a third the cost.)

Since the original wind restrictor company wasn't offering these for our combination and honestly won't block exhaust fumes as configured... I stepped up to take this project on. I know Slingshot only is working on a wind restrictor compatible with the Madstad stinger top, but don't get your hopes up that the installation of it will reduce the exhaust fumes. I have been there and done that through my R&D of a rear windscreen. (NOTE: Seems Wind Restrictor Company is now offering a screen compatible with the Madstad stinger top. They did not make changes I suggested early on to help combat fumes. Still looking to find photos of it.)

Currently there are no plans for etching nor lighting my new version.

I considered adding two pieces to block the exhaust from entering from underneath the roll hoops as I have installed now. However, I just added the SSV Works roll hoop speaker pods and no longer have exhaust entering through that space. You will need to block this space if not running the speaker pods or will still get tons of exhaust in the cab.

As you can imagine I have spent lots of time building templates and testing out the best configuration for blocking exhaust with my combination. Others are on the same quest and to date, no resolution.

Here is the first version which was mounted to the inside and became a cleaning nightmare.

Eventually those rough corners got rounded and this version ended up being mounted to the outside of the roll hoops. The wind force flexed the acrylic too much. This was a template in 1/4".

Here is the mock up of the new version in 3/8" thick cast acrylic.

This one was hand cut, routed and polished. Needed to know the ultimate top configuration to accommodate the Madstad stinger top. For hand fabricated, this really turned out bitchen. How about that side reflection?

I am working with a company to coat SS hardware black in order to not stick out like a sore thumb. Most who see this in person can’t tell it was done by hand. :D

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• This windscreen helped a ton to reduce the exhaust fumes. But did not eliminate them completely. Still on my quest to eliminate fumes I have added the large Underground Autostyling rear wing. This further reduced the fumes and I am satisfied for the time being.

I have yet to send off the ECM to Bob for tuning, but hear this is the final step to be as reduced as can be.

"Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Ask around to anyone using the Auto Underground rear wings
    I have heard the do good job of moving the exhaust away from the back, I can't speak of it personally as I have no top and side exhaust but I spoke to a few people at SSITS who were very happy with the results - nice looking wing is as a bonus

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I was able to look at this wind restrictor. In my opinion there is nothing out there that has been thought out, designed, and built this well. The tolerances of the fit around the Stinger top, fin, body, and roll hoops are impeccable. For those of you with a top who need to reduce the flow from the back, this design is it.
    I would have gladly installed this one if it was available at the time.
    Well done. :thumbsup:

• Ask around to anyone using the Auto Underground rear wings
    I have heard the do good job of moving the exhaust away from the back, I can't speak of it personally as I have no top and side exhaust but I spoke to a few people at SSITS who were very happy with the results - nice looking wing is as a bonus

I have it. It does help to further reduce the fumes even more.

• I too have seen this windrestrictor first hand! It is very hard to believe that it was cut and finished by hand!! The quality of craftsmanship and looks are immaculate! I was hoping for something like this when considering a top to purchase and if my restrictor didn't have so much meaning involved with it, I would definitely ask @2W2X1 to duplicate one for me!! :thumbup:

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM