Recommended rides and hidden gems

• Post up your ride routes.... favorites, hidden places, your finds....
    Share them here for others to enjoy or plan around....

Photos, vids, maps, descriptions, links...

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I like Mount Washington and the surrounding area. If you're skittish about heights, don't go up the mountain. ;( There are a couple places where you are on the edge and it's one heck of a drop. I scare the heck out of the wife when we go up. I see how close I can get with the tires to the edge of the drop :thumbsup:

• @Guardian_Angel and I just got back from a 2,200 mile round trip to southwest Oklahoma, Altus Air Force Base, to be specific. It was a sightseeing trip to take a look at my first duty station and surrounding areas. Thankfully, took her Veloster because of projected weather for that week. It's been forty plus years since I put my feet down on that base. As far as the base, they pretty much knocked everything down, relocated almost every function, and rebuilt every structure. The roads for the most part were pretty much where they were when I was there.
    Took a drive around Lake Altus. Did the Wichita Mountain Wildlife Refuge. Took in the view from Mount Scott and grabbed a burger in Meers, Oklahoma.

Preparing to make our way back to Alabama and @Guardian_Angel picks the route. Never heard of the following... but gotta wonder what our brother Slingshots in southeast Oklahoma and southwest Arkansas are doing???

Link to ride description, map, and reviews...
    http://www.motorcycleroads.com…ational-Scenic-Byway.html

This was a nice ride! Not nearly as smooth as the Blue Ridge Skyway, rough textured chip seal resurface Oklahoma side, but no loose stone. Arkansas side was a bit smoother, but only because they used a smaller stone size. Saw several Harleys and Hondas riding two up. Mostly slow sweeping curves with some twisty sections. The up and down hills with the thrown in curves are gonna be a shifter's dream. Speed limits posted, 45 to 55 mph. View of the valleys is pretty much limited to the scenic turnouts, not open like the Blue Ridge Skyway. Queen Wilhelmina State Park lodge will set you back $110.00 but what a view, day or night. Restaurant located in lodge. Lodge was remodeled in 2015 and is in excellent shape. And, if you have the need, you can ride the mini-train around the grounds.
    Did not see any black bear, but the deer started roaming just about sundown...

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Great trip indeed. Yep, the lodge and restaurant was a tad bit pricey, but... your paying for a view, with a top notch hotel room..big screen tv if you didnt enjoy the wall to wall picture window... even had a kuerig in the room. Quachita Natl Forest, at the Queen Wilhemina Lodge. Heres those pics:

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• Here in Nova Scotia there are countless great riding roads. Three in particular are the Cabot Trail ((in Cape Breton); the Glooscap Trail (follows the Bay of Fundy coast); and the Sunrise Trail (follows the coast of the Northumberland Strait). And a bunch of rural roads that do not have a specific tourist designation (like Route 366 where our cottage is located) Great twisty roads, awesome scenic vistas and good eats!!!