2017 SL vs 2016 base seats

• I swapped my 2016.5 stock seats for the 2017 SLR seats and love them. 2 huge benefits are lack of head rest and quick heat dissipation/retention from sun exposure. Then one can argue the looks of the SLR seats are nicer and they do have a lumbar support that either works for you or it doesn't. Be sure to sit in a set before you buy. Cost was under $600 $700 for the seats and the cost is only for the pads as you re-use the stock seat frame.

Only negative I can tell is they raise you up about 3/8" but it feels like to you are sitting 2" higher.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• I swapped my 2016.5 stock seats for the 2017 SLR seats and love them. 2 huge benefits are lack of head rest and quick heat dissipation/retention from sun exposure. Then one can argue the looks of the SLR seats are nicer and they do have a lumbar support that either works for you or it doesn't. Be sure to sin in a set before you buy. Cost was under $600 for the seats and the cost is only for the pads as you re-use the stock seat frame.

Only negative I can tell is they raise you up about 3/8" but it feels like to you are sitting 2" higher.

Did you buy them from someone for under $600 or is that what they sell for? If its what they sell for can you point me in the direction? :thumbup:

• Did you buy them from someone for under $600 or is that what they sell for? If its what they sell for can you point me in the direction? :thumbup:

My local dealer offered them for $680 OTD with club discount... sorry, memory failed me as I bought them last August. Most dealers list them for $699 as far as I know. (Edited original post.)

If you wait until Polaris offers a 25% coupon on accessories it will work for the seats. Just remember the SLR seats are the velocity sport.

"Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• I bought the velocity sport and love them. I am going to ask the local upholstery shop if they can install heat into them. I think it can be done fairly easy by looking at them. Just need the correct stapler to reassemble them. I find them a lot more comfortable and cooler than the stock 2016.5 seats. I bought mine when Polaris offered the 25% off coupon.

• I swapped my 2016.5 stock seats for the 2017 SLR seats and love them. 2 huge benefits are lack of head rest and quick heat dissipation/retention from sun exposure. Then one can argue the looks of the SLR seats are nicer and they do have a lumbar support that either works for you or it doesn't. Be sure to sit in a set before you buy. Cost was under $600 $700 for the seats and the cost is only for the pads as you re-use the stock seat frame.

Exactly what I was trying to say regarding the higher feel of these seats to the early design. It's taking me a little time to adjust to them and find the sweet spot. Hard to do because Tina has been driving a lot lately and I have to reset every time.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I am not sure if they are the same as the LE seats. But I am 6'6" and just want more room. I can take a pic of them and post them so you can see them

Thanks for being honest. If you want more room at 2" more height than me, I'd not be happy either. Your seats will sell, but I'm looking for the same "More Room". Hopefully with more comfort too as most upgraded seats aren't cheap. Thanks anyway, but I'll pass. I sat in a 2017 SLR, and the seats were comfy. But they cut into my room some, and that's too much. I should work for Polaris as a SS rep. I've followed the SS well before it was ever offered for sale. I know quite a bit about them, and I'm sure I could help them in areas they are failing. One area is the passenger area. They need an SS Extra Long Occupancy area, just shorten it to ELO. Probably rights to that by Electric Light Orchestra.... but you get my drift. Yes, it would be a premium package, and could include a few extras but cost a few thousand more. I'm sure there's plenty that would jump on board for it.

Don't even get me started on the swing arm design, or the bearings in it, or the angle drive noise. All of these could be improved with little overall cost per Slingshot built in the future. I'm the lead tool designer for a sand cast prototype foundry, dealing in aluminum (mostly) and iron. I could help them make this better. Likely they wouldn't even talk to me at least for 2 weeks... :00008172:

• @Goats_Hogs you bring up a subject that I have had to deal with in regards to the top I make. There is an automotive standard for designing that calls for the 95% height rule. That's 6'2" believe it or not. I have tried to hit the 99% with 6'4" but I'll be damned if there seams to be more tall people buying these things than what the percentage would have you think. Go figure.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• ^ you mean sister! :D

• Nice mods, I really like the eagle on the back Brother!

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Thank you! It is the American Eagle with the State of Texas flag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Next question.... I have the SSV side pods.... what (affordable call me @MiM i mean frugal if you want) seats work with them... I'm not getting rid of the side pods :D

The SLR's fit great!

• Damn you @DKF Texas .... your talking me into upgrading my horrible swamp ass, uncomfortable 2016 base seats. My wife is going to stab me in my sleep lol

Well I think she will give you some sugars when she sees how comfortable your hinies are!!!