Track Day Roebling Road Raceway (Mon, Dec 4th 2017, 8:00am - 8:00pm)

Date

Track Day Roebling Road Raceway

Mon, Dec 4th 2017, 7:00 am - 7:00 pm

1135 Roebling Road Bloomingdale, GA 31302

Participants

7 participants, 55 undecided and 1 does not participate

Closing Date: Oct 31st 2017, 11:00 pm
  • Pfft. S2000s are not nice.

First of all, they are rowboats. You are always shifting. The power zone is +-500 rpm.

2nd of all, they all wreck. I have three friends that had one. They all wrecked. Totaled each and every one.

• made it home after I decided to drive to Savannah, get to the track fifteen minutes before the SlingShots were going back on track and say to myself " Self, it would be a good idea to go on the track vwith no practice, no preparation and against doctors and Susi's orders"....... What possibly could go wrong?

Well after 1 warm-up lap... I spin into the inside grassy area, but no damage. So went back out onto track... Two laps later.....pushing harder than I should, the rear snaps around and I'm heading into a ditch with a culvert. It's amazing how much can go through your mind as you are barreling towards a culvert at a high rate of speed..... Things like "Damn... This is gonna hurt", "How come I had to be this stupid", "Susi is gonna Kill me!", "Oh... There are tires in the culvert, maybe this won't hurt too bad.", and then I hit the tires, flew through the air about 10 feet and landed way way softer than I should have. Some bent brackets, broken plastic.... But no really bad damage.... Drove her home and Will survey the total bike later this week. So the lesson here? Don't be a Dumbass like me.... Take track days seriously and do your prep work first.

your list of parts looks like mine after SSITR. Babbitts online was my source and they shipped fairly quick.

• What a GREAT Track Day! It was nice meeting fellow enthusiasts and learning from everyone. I don't feel so alone in the world now with my Slingshot! Moving from Florida to Kentucky was a shock. Found a good group to ride with here, and I think that at least a couple of them would like a track day, especially if we could get NCM (National Corvette Museum) to recognize us. I'll keep working on it. Maybe we could have a "Midwest" track day gathering in 2018.
    Thanks again everyone!

• This is Buddy, had the orange/black SLR. Thanks to everyone that helped put this event on, it was a blast. Good to meet most of you for the first time, with a 6yo and 2yo it is getting hard to get out for other than scheduled days doing this. Looks like in my stock minus exhaust sling, my best lap time was 1:32.3 with a top speed of 118mph. I have front, rear, helmet video footage I am going through and will post the links from youtube once done. I will say these 3 wheelers hold their lines well and are fun to play with.

• What a GREAT Track Day! It was nice meeting fellow enthusiasts and learning from everyone. I don't feel so alone in the world now with my Slingshot! Moving from Florida to Kentucky was a shock. Found a good group to ride with here, and I think that at least a couple of them would like a track day, especially if we could get NCM (National Corvette Museum) to recognize us. I'll keep working on it. Maybe we could have a "Midwest" track day gathering in 2018.
    Thanks again everyone!

Great meeting you as well.
    Thank you for taking such a long trip to join us - it was a great day and we made a good impression with the track manager and the organizer.
    If you can get a track day set up in your area I ma sure we can have a good showing as well.

Thanks again

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• This is Buddy, had the orange/black SLR. Thanks to everyone that helped put this event on, it was a blast. Good to meet most of you for the first time, with a 6yo and 2yo it is getting hard to get out for other than scheduled days doing this. Looks like in my stock minus exhaust sling, my best lap time was 1:32.3 with a top speed of 118mph. I have front, rear, helmet video footage I am going through and will post the links from youtube once done. I will say these 3 wheelers hold their lines well and are fun to play with.

That's a location I could make. Only 6 hrs from Little Rock.
    Please!!!!!

• Incredible meeting everyone and we had a blast. I think I hold the slowest record for this event. I promise that next time I will share that record with someone.
    A very fun and safe event . Thanks again to each and everyone involved!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• Zach has been working on putting the track data over the video, should have that done later today or tomorrow and we can then post up some fun videos, here is a screen shot though - notice the steering angle going into turn 9 :) He was hustling it around that turn.

sometimes ya gotta turn left to go right.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

Glad to have met you Buddy, I hope to run with you again soon.

Great meeting you, Thanks for making the trip to join us.
    Hope to ride together again soon

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

Glad to have met you Buddy, I hope to run with you again soon.

Buddy, happy that you were there. Pointers were definitely a big help! I wanna be fast like you when I grow up!!