Track Day Roebling Road Raceway (Mon, Dec 4th 2017, 8:00am - 8:00pm)

Date

Track Day Roebling Road Raceway

Mon, Dec 4th 2017, 7:00 am - 7:00 pm

1135 Roebling Road Bloomingdale, GA 31302

Participants

7 participants, 55 undecided and 1 does not participate

Closing Date: Oct 31st 2017, 11:00 pm
  • I asked if they would consider lowering our fee to be more comparable to what other tracks are charging us $250 to help offset the additional cost of insurance and to help draw more Slingshots

Hell if you don't try you never know!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Any idea how much for us spectator types?

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

No sir but I will check.
    I believe it is set up so that we pay by the vehicle - so if we have someone coming alone I ma sure we can sneak you in. I will ask about crew members - how fast can you change a tire?

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I asked if they would consider lowering our fee to be more comparable to what other tracks are charging us $250 to help offset the additional cost of insurance and to help draw more Slingshots
    Hell if you don't try you never know!

Wow!!! I hate to be the elephant in the room but thats really sticking it to you :00007956:
    I don't know why they inflated the rates to you but thats almost $150 more than the typical open track day at RRR and RA for events like Chin,HSR(Car) and even Ed Bargey and Kinsey programs(bike) when I instructed at those events. Are you sure they didn't include track instruction or something because thats the range we get for classroom and track time with or without licensing :00008862:

• Wow!!! I hate to be the elephant in the room but thats really sticking it to you :00007956: I don't know why they inflated the rates to you but thats almost $150 more than the typical open track day at RRR and RA for events like Chin,HSR(Car) and even Ed Bargey and Kinsey programs(bike) when I instructed at those events. Are you sure they didn't include track instruction or something because thats the range we get for classroom and track time with or without licensing :00008862:

To be 100% honest I am working thru someone - not working directly with the track.
    I have asked to get it down to $250 which is what we pay at most other tracks + the additional insurance
    Thanks for the heads up

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• If you'd like, I could set up a "Cruise In" at one of the local food spots for that night out the night before. I deal with them on a daily basis. Just let me know which day and what time.

• If you'd like, I could set up a "Cruise In" at one of the local food spots for that night out the night before. I deal with them on a daily basis. Just let me know which day and what time.

Sounds like a great idea
    Lets see how many slings we get

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Are the tracks that are being compared with lower rates , non spectator tracks ?
    All costs at RRR have to be taken care of by track rental and concessions only.
    Not wild about higher costs but certainly willing since this is not a regular for me . The last time I was on this track was early 80's on a Bike

• Are the tracks that are being compared with lower rates , non spectator tracks ?
    Not wild about higher costs but certainly willing since this is not a regular for me . The last time I was on this track was early 80's on a Bike

To be fair, my only comparison is Summit Point, but it is not a spectator track. That is to say that spectators are allowed, but there is no charge for them to come out and watch.

I agree with @Wrenchmn yes it is high, but still not something that I would be doing all of the time

• It apears that Summit Point Does have many Spectator events at 15.00 - 30.00 per person to supplement costs of the track . RRR has none and is solely dependent upon charges for track and sponsors . Still doesnt make me want to pay more but certainly helps explain higher price

Navigate to...HomeTrack Information– Spectators– Summit Point℠ Circuit– Jefferson Circuit– Shenandoah Circuit– Lodging– Media Inquiries– DirectionsPrograms– Friday at the Track℠– Open Practice– Seat Time– Drift Nirvana℠– Jefferson 500– Accident Avoidance– BSREvent CalendarContact Us

Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) MARRS Series

Event Details
    This event is running from 8 April 2017 until 29 July 2017. It is next occurring on 29 July 2017 8:00 am.

This event is open to spectators to come and watch the racing action!
    This series hosts sports cars, open wheel race cars, and spec racing classes over two (or three) days on our Summit Point Circuit. Tickets are $15 per person, kids under 12 free, and tickets are good for BOTH days! Sunday only tickets $15.00 per person, kids 12 and under Free!

Apr 9-10 SCCA MARRS 1 Sports Cars SPC
    Apr 29-30 SCCA US Majors Tour SPC
    Jun 17-18 SCCA MARRS 5 Sports Cars SPC
    Jul 8-9 SCCA MARRS 6 Sports Cars SPC
    Jul 29-30 SCCA MARRS 7 Sports Cars SPC
    Sep 2-4 SCCA MARRS 8 & 9 Sports Cars SPC

More information about the club/event is located on the clubs website {{click here}}.
    Summit Point℠ Circuit
    Shenandoah Circuit
    Jefferson Circuit
    Copyright © 2017 BSR. All Rights Reserved.

• Roebling Road is in a unique position @ neighborhoods have been developing around them for a while now. I remember when they decided to remove the grand stands and go non spectator. Its about the attraction and traffic flow in and out that seemed to be the root cause. Rates and use were not affected nor did the cost for such events go up or down. A similar thing happened to Little Talladega (motorcycle track) when the farm country became urban.
    The management team will not stop you from entering the track but will charge you a crew fee and have you sign the waiver.
    I spoke with Nabil at Just Track It about going to one of his events but he said we are Bikes under his insurance and can't participate at a car event.

Sort of leaves us with one other option.
    Rent the track for our own use if there is enough interest and break up the costs among the participants. :00000156:

• Roebling Road is in a unique position @ neighborhoods have been developing around them for a while now. I remember when they decided to remove the grand stands and go non spectator. Its about the attraction and traffic flow in and out that seemed to be the root cause. Rates and use were not affected nor did the cost for such events go up or down. A similar thing happened to Little Talladega (motorcycle track) when the farm country became urban.
    The management team will not stop you from entering the track but will charge you a crew fee and have you sign the waiver.
    I spoke with Nabil at Just Track It about going to one of his events but he said we are Bikes under his insurance and can't participate at a car event.

Sort of leaves us with one other option.
    Rent the track for our own use if there is enough interest and break up the costs among the participants. :00000156:

I guess we can look into that option here is what they say on the website regarding track rental.

In order to rent the track you must have a competition license, or come in with a group that is hosting an HPDE (High Performance Driver Education). For motorcycles, you would need to contact Ed Bargey, Podium Motorsports, WERA, or CCS. Please find a full list of groups here.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• If you are looking for hotel rooms, search either Pooler, Ga or the Savannah Airport. That will have you closer to the track, and keep you out of downtown where the price goes up dramatically.

• If you are looking for hotel rooms, search either Pooler, Ga or the Savannah Airport. That will have you closer to the track, and keep you out of downtown where the price goes up dramatically.

Thanks!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!