Track Day Roebling Road Raceway (Mon, Dec 4th 2017, 8:00am - 8:00pm)

Date

Track Day Roebling Road Raceway

Mon, Dec 4th 2017, 7:00 am - 7:00 pm

1135 Roebling Road Bloomingdale, GA 31302

Participants

7 participants, 55 undecided and 1 does not participate

Closing Date: Oct 31st 2017, 11:00 pm
  • @MACAWS I'm a tentative yes but would like to see the price reduced if possible. Will need to see about my schedule and make sure I'm not overlapping Tina's business trips.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I guess we can look into that option here is what they say on the website regarding track rental.
    In order to rent the track you must have a competition license, or come in with a group that is hosting an HPDE (High Performance Driver Education). For motorcycles, you would need to contact Ed Bargey, Podium Motorsports, WERA, or CCS. Please find a full list of groups he

I know Ed, I will let you know what he thinks of all of this :00005129:

• Well this might be a day late and a dollar short but this is the dirt on renting Roebling Road for a day.
    its going to set us back aprox $4500 dollars for about 20 slingshots. That includes the track rental, Insurance(Bikes), Fire and ambulance as well as front gate and corner workers. Thats about $225 a driver :00000156:
    There would be at least two lead follow sessions at a decent pace to familiarize you to the track and a riders meeting to go over track rules and flags.The dog leg would be in use to control entrance speed going into 1. turn 9 onto the straight is hairy enough at 9/10ths.
    There is a concession stand which could be available but if not there are several local sub shops etc..that cater to track groups and racers near by.
    Would most likely be a weekday as well as most weekends are filled as well as Mondays which are popular.
    So thats the skinny of it. :00005129: I made sure the track manager knew what we might bring and verified access to the facilities so there ya have it Gang. RRR is available if there is enough interest :00007510:

• well we have the current date and the price is not based on number of slings it was a flat rate

If we can get 20 and pick another date I would do it twice - no problem
    But we need 20 firm commitments
    as of now we only have 5

I salute Macaw for putting together the opportunity and only mentioned the $4500 @ 20 as a bench mark. The track cost is $3000 for the first ten with an additional $1000 insurance. After that its $50 per additional machine. The more attendees the less the expense. In fact they cap the expenses at $5800 regardless of the numbers attending but lets face it. The more attendees the less track time per group and the only way we could do this and keep the costs down would be an at cost event. :00008862:
    There is also one additional requirement to have an experienced licensed individual for the lead follow and although I have multiple credentials they are all expired so I still need to call and see if a friend needs to be dragged in to cross the (T)s and dot the (I)s for the Insurance clause.
    No matter which direction is chosen this is just an option and by no means am I planning anything solid. I was just curious if we could rent a track like RRR and take the Slingshots since the Bike and car guys want nothing to do with us.
    Since there is only 5 as an example and myself included lets say 6 its still an expensive track day with that little interest.
    In closing I am very pleased to know we can get track time on our own........ :00007510:

• I salute Macaw for putting together the opportunity and only mentioned the $4500 @ 20 as a bench mark. The track cost is $3000 for the first ten with an additional $1000 insurance. After that its $50 per additional machine. The more attendees the less the expense. In fact they cap the expenses at $5800 regardless of the numbers attending but lets face it. The more attendees the less track time per group and the only way we could do this and keep the costs down would be an at cost event. :00008862: There is also one additional requirement to have an experienced licensed individual for the lead follow and although I have multiple credentials they are all expired so I still need to call and see if a friend needs to be dragged in to cross the (T)s and dot the (I)s for the Insurance clause.
    No matter which direction is chosen this is just an option and by no means am I planning anything solid. I was just curious if we could rent a track like RRR and take the Slingshots since the Bike and car guys want nothing to do with us.
    Since there is only 5 as an example and myself included lets say 6 its still an expensive track day with that little interest.
    In closing I am very pleased to know we can get track time on our own........ :00007510:

I am with you sir...
    It is good to know with a little effort we could have the track all to ourselves.
    We just need to do some planning and get some commitments. I am all in and will help any way I can. Prior to me tagging along on someone else's event I have had very little luck getting tracks to take us seriously .

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I am with you sir...It is good to know with a little effort we could have the track all to ourselves.
    We just need to do some planning and get some commitments. I am all in and will help any way I can. Prior to me tagging along on someone else's event I have had very little luck getting tracks to take us seriously .

Maybe its time to contact Road Atlanta as well :00007956: I think renting the days will be the only way in as long as we are shunned by the car and bike clubs :00006725:
    Happy Thoughts :00000156:

• Although new to the Slingshot world, I run regularly at RRR with Buccaneer Region for Autocross and PDX. If we are available to get this at $225 then put my name down for also joining this track day.

Thanks

• @MACAWS I want to be a solid commit for you but at this time I can only give you a very strong "possible".

Now Road Atlanta would just sound too good to be true.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup: