What's wrong with Polaris?

• I'm having the same braking issues as just about every SS owner. From what I know so far the faulty sensors are manufactured in another country. People are having multiple sets of these sensors installed only to get a temporary fix.

Maybe Polaris should source the sensors from a different manufacturer like somewhere in the USA and stop messing with us. Would anyone here be opposed to paying a little bit more for theses quality parts to fix the problem forever?

Which brings up another question, is there an after market sensor that we can buy to eliminate the Polaris faulty crap sensors?

We need to collectively as a group send a message to Polaris to give us a proper fix with parts that are much more dependable?

Does anyone know if Polaris monitors these forums? Can an online petition be created that we could sign with our concerns that can be delivered to Polaris? Enough is enough already. We should have a voice in this matter.

IMO the problem is not the sensors themselves it is contamination ... install new sensors without flushing the MC and lines and you are asking for another failure ...

Oh..... and ....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• As far as country of origin, all the fuses and relays I just bought, came from many different countries....if they are all US made I'll be surprised.

Contamination from what? Closed system using the same brake fluid as every other car manufacturer in the world. Is the "contamination" coming from rusty lines? These brake failures are occurring with less than 1000 miles on the brand new vehicles. That's not a lot of time to create corruption in the system unless there is a major flaw somewhere. Someone must be dumping dirt & water into the brake lines on the assembly line.

• Contamination from what?

So I showed you the product packaging and you don't believe it .. from you I am not surprised .....

Regarding contamination one source, which I guess you missed, is the recall on the Stat-O-Seal washers, two of which are installed on each sensor (you can see one in the photo) that where being jammed on dry at the factory and/or pinched/over torqued causing them to bulge/become torn/flake introducing bits of the rubber seal into the sensor. Another source is bits of plastic from the MC, and detritus from an other than clean assembly area. I have seen all three first hand. Mine had little bits of black "grit" stuck in one completely clogging it (only one needs to be bad to set off the light) and you would be shocked (at least I was) at the amount of crap I flushed out of the system and how much effort and fluid was required until I was satisfied everything was clear.

Why some have them go bad and the replacements never have another problem and some go through multiples is a mystery, just like the rear bearings. My suggestion would be annual flushing of the system with a quality high temp fluid after you have them replaced.

• So after some quick research I found several so called fixes...but I'm skeptical...the reasons vary..

#1.... Brake fluid level low and or brake fluid sloshing around causing the sensor to trip.
    #2... After market LEDs causing electrical highs and lows (fluctuation) there by tripping the sensor.
    #3.... Loose connections in the wiring harness...correction is to unplug and plug all the harness connectors.
    #4.... Replacing the magnetic sensor either a non magnetic sensor...

This is just after 5 minutes searching....I'm sure there has to be at least 20-30 other guesses. Anyone else like to register a dart board guess?

• I'm not doubting that part was made in the US ...but I have relays with indentical numbers and they come from two different countries....there is no guarantee the factory installed sensors are from the US....having the same parts sourced from many different countries doesn't guarantee the same manufacturing quality control...

Example...schlage locks used to be very high quality...now they are made in China and the tolerances are simply sloppy now.

And now the question remains about where so much crap in the brake lines is coming from? Do you suspect rust forming from Chinese brake lines?

I recently replaced every brake line on my GMC Savana van with non steel lines. Could the answer be upgrading out brake lines to non steel lines?

• So after some quick research I found several so called fixes...but I'm skeptical...the reasons vary..

#1.... Brake fluid level low and or brake fluid sloshing around causing the sensor to trip.
    #2... After market LEDs causing electrical highs and lows (fluctuation) there by tripping the sensor.
    #3.... Loose connections in the wiring harness...correction is to unplug and plug all the harness connectors.
    #4.... Replacing the magnetic sensor either a non magnetic sensor...

You should stop digging ... three of the four conditions you listed are not related to these sensors .... and the one left would possibly apply to any connection ...

Do you suspect rust forming from Chinese brake lines?

You should not assume .... bad steering racks, bad electric steering units, bad rear bearings, bad final drives, bad radios, and on and on and on have all been blamed on "Chinese parts" ... I'll give you one guess where they all actually came from (well one of the rear bearings is from the US, the other is from Japan)

• And those 4 things were listed as actual causes....I wasn't making them up....

The corruption is coming from something internally in the braking system...was the black gunk found metallic particles? Was is rust or dirt? Obviously the brake fluid is coming into contact with the crud and water ( moisture ) in the line would be a major suspect. I highly doubt the brake fluid is contaminated but stranger things have happened.

Could the particles be rubber from gaskets, o rings? The brake fluid could be dissolving the rubber if the rubber formula isn't correct. Could sloppy machining/friction be rubbing the metal creating shavings when the pistons move back and forth in the wheel cylinders?

The particles need to be closely examined to see what they are.