New Honda engine option coming !

• I've been thinking about the AWD conversion for some time. Unfortunately that is beyond the scope of my abilities. I don't have the equipment or the knowledge of those systems. And when it comes to computer systems, I am out to lunch. I hope that is what your working on and look forward to reading more.

• I would love to see what a awd Slingshot can do. I would have to image probably out of my budget though!

I've had some interesting conversations with some people in the CO area about doing an AWD option by using Electric motors on the front wheels. Essentially turning the Slingshot in to a hybrid...but the cost and R&D are no where in the immediate future.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Is the S2K engine still cheaper then the built ecotech after you add a 2,000 dollar haltech ecu needed for the S2K engine? I also assume it would require some custom fabricated conversion parts as well.

Actually we have shifted from the S2k engine to the K24 which is actually in the S2K pictured . The Honda Civic engine is more affordable and easier to find . The S2K engine is more expensive are harder to get your hands on.
    Besides that , the K is also cheaper to get more HP out of . Check out some youtube on Honda cars killing off some big power making cars.
    I'm making a adapter plate now to bolt the K motor to the GM 5 speed and the automatic tranny and then I should have a more accurate price . Still should be cheaper even with haltech .

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• We will have to detune because the 868HP it way to much , probably try to come down to 700 and go hunt me some Shelby and hellcat

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• FYI , he has a 1500HP K24 going back in his car with a 2 speed powerglide.
    After testing in my slingshot and making sure all is well and the 700HP Honda Civic motor is not to much for a daily driver .
    We will start making it available, already have 3 lined up for conversion though.

• I know it is early in the game but what is your best guess on price point for this upgrade?? 10k?? 15k? All this awd and 700 hp talk has me very intrigued. A sleeper Sling would be absolutely awesome.

• Well our awd is still in Fabrication mode so that will have to wait but it's exciting to see this getting ready to hit the ground for testing .

• Iinteresting, that makes more sense with going with a K24 engine. I was chatting with my buddy who is a S2K freak and he was telling me that finding s2k engines are kinda rare.
    For the K24 engines, which model of it? Did a quick wiki and here is what i found:

Honda K engine - Wikipedia

I'm happy that we get to re-use our GM tranny to go with the engine since that will greatly reduce costs when swapping the motor but curious to know, what can our tranny handle for HP/TQ?
    Also, to boost the K motors, how much work would be required? simple turbo bolt on? How much boost can the stock block handle before kaboom.
    I'm going check out some forums for the k series engine to find out more info (really interested to see how E85 will go with these guys) and report back.

At first I was going to suggest to you to look at the 4G63 engines along with tranny for a swap but are even more rare then s2ks so that probably won't work for cost (it does come boosted though and can handle up to 400whp/400wtq on stock block) and it'll be awd from the start.
    I'm super curious on the route you are going and kissing ass to the wifey already to get the blessing to do this when you are done hehe.

Please keep posting here with your info :)
    P.S. I love VTEC ;)

• I had to dump the jenvey's FI, it was just too hard to get tuned and after my testing in the Smokies, it is just clearly not the setup to use in the very high geared SlingShot, I have gone back to the "stock" S2000 intake with a AEM HO fuel rail, larger injectors and it's at the dyno shop right now getting tuned. After I test this setup, then I will bite the bullet and go the route of easy HP and add a SC setup and go after the BIG White Wookie! Of course, never one to make it easier on myself, I had to go and break my plexiglass bubble because I mounted the throttle body the wrong way.

• And the AWD slingshot is not dead by any stretch of the imagination.... If we cannot find a willing partner to help with the build, I'll just gut mine after the first of the year and it will go from being the first Honda Powered slingshot to the First WRX AWD slingshot , with three wheel drive,,, because you know, "Three's da Life Baby!"

• We will start making it available, already have 3 lined up for conversion though.

Please put my in the hypothetical line for a K24. Depending on final cost and transportation woes, I am game to give it a serious consideration.

This is exciting news all around. I knew @StickerDick was onto something being the pioneer in swapping to a Honda power plant.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• I'm still laughing at "big white Wookiee". Man if this whole deal pans out it will be a real game changer on mods. Could make Slingshots one of the fastest things out there. We are talking 3 lbs per HP or less (depending on the driveline weight gain). Pure evilness.

• got my guys at the plastics shop to go ahead and whip me out two new bubbles, and the sling is due to be picked up after lunch this Friday, so i'll slam the new bubble on and get the clutch buttoned up and head to Hotlanta early Saturday morning to go play with the Urban Slingers before we head to "BloodMountian" to practice my "Wookie Whompin"!