New Honda engine option coming !

• Options are kick ass! Watching the info and product close. Just hope the cost is reasonable.

Here is the beauty of this whole story , cheaper than a built Ecotech for sure . Stay tuned on Honda build #2 . Don't count out @StickerDick Honda . Marks inspired this build and is very much part of this Honda slingshot movement . Maggie valley was just analyzing and brainstorming and testing . Now we stepping it up 800 notches and with haltech and testing launch control and other features of haltech to maximize the single tire application.
    We are getting dialed in . Remember Rome was not built in a day but we are fast tracking this Honda install .
    Yes the engine that's being tested and installed in my slingshot is in fact the one pictured in the black S2000.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• that is great news. always happy to hear more options for modding as it shows the community is growing :)
    question for you, any reason to go with the honda engine vs others? (it's a great engine but just curious on choice).
    I am a little biased on the Evo9 engine :D

• that is great news. always happy to hear more options for modding as it shows the community is growing :)
    question for you, any reason to go with the honda engine vs others? (it's a great engine but just curious on choice).
    I am a little biased on the Evo9 engine :D

We noticed a lot of engine failures with the Ecotech including us blowing ours up . We built a engine and analyzed and tested and decided to consider other options while maintaining polaris Can . We found this to be easy since we haltech slingshots all the time now that we have no limits on engine choices .
    Mark asked us to help with his Honda vision and we started from there. Now we liked where this was going and decided that the Honda engine is plentiful and makes big power for less money than the Ecotech .
    We are looking at a Nissan 240x and rotary engine option but hey , we can go the Evo route also . No limits with haltech platform .

• Why not awd conversion? Keep the trike setup but 3wd. If that can happen, talk about stealth SS!

As for engine options, glad anything is there besides the ecotech that comes with the SS. Man this thread got me excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• Brb changing pants yet again!!!
    Omg give me the 411 please!!!!!!!!
    Don't make me beg!

Well it's our winter project and we will release its prototype in the spring but we are very excited about no more traction issues . Most do not want the 2 wheel conversion and plus it's very expensive.
    We found the doner vehicle parts to make this happen and once again haltech Ecu has helped make this happen .
    Sorry but other people will go after this and claim this for themselves so I have to minimize the release of data for now.

• Super excited about this! I'm one of those people that will not do a 4whl conversion since I'm in CA and I might get in trouble with DMV or cops if they see me plus takes the unique 3whl look away.
    I'm will be watching your threads for sure and pray this goes perfectly and goes into production :). Be the first ones to do this!

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• I'd kill for a shop in CA actually doing swap work and furthering the SS addiction. Seems we have to watch all the fun from afar or order kits and tackle the work ourselves. I'd prefer a Honda platform over this Chevy.

Shame really.

Intrigued by this thread and happy to watch from afar.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• I'd kill for a shop in CA actually doing swap work and furthering the SS addiction. Seems we have to watch all the fun from afar or order kits and tackle the work ourselves. I'd prefer a Honda platform over this Chevy.

Shame really.

I feel your pain. Being in CA, we are pretty much left to watch others do some pretty cool builds :(

Shame really.

Once we are finished and everything is to my satisfaction and I'm proud to offer it as a option . Probably could arrange transportation to and from east coast SS family. Get ready to see a sleeper . Hellcat hunter , vette silencer , mustang tamer coming to you soon . Sorry in advance , just trying to be a jokester but we all know that the aerodynamics of the slingshot are not the greatest to go head to head on long straights with American muscle but 1/4 is where I'm focused on for now .
    Already know that this engine in this S2000 is already mopping the floor with these cars by several seconds at 868 HP .
    Proof in the pudding coming soon .

• Here is the beauty of this whole story , cheaper than a built Ecotech for sure . Stay tuned on Honda build #2 . Don't count out @StickerDick Honda . Marks inspired this build and is very much part of this Honda slingshot movement . Maggie valley was just analyzing and brainstorming and testing . Now we stepping it up 800 notches and with haltech and testing launch control and other features of haltech to maximize the single tire application.
    We are getting dialed in . Remember Rome was not built in a day but we are fast tracking this Honda install .
    Yes the engine that's being tested and installed in my slingshot is in fact the one pictured in the black S2000.

Is the S2K engine still cheaper then the built ecotech after you add a 2,000 dollar haltech ecu needed for the S2K engine? I also assume it would require some custom fabricated conversion parts as well.