Drive belt adjustment

• I'm trying to adjust the belt tension and for the life of me, I can't figure it out. The belt came off with the pulley when I replaced the needle bearing, and now I have to get enough slack to get the damn thing back on. I loosened both the bolts on the angle drive, backed off the lollipop nut and have removed the nut on the pivot shaft. It will not budge, and I'm afraid I'll brake something by prying too hard on the angle drive housing. Has anyone done this? Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thanks

• raise the rear of the SS, put blocks to stop the SS from moving on the front wheels.
    unbolt the lower shock bolt, make sure you support the wheel so that it doesn't slam when you remove the bolt, it should lower the arm enough to get the slack you need to put the belt on.

That's how I clean the belt and sprockets.

Vi Engineered Turbo (V-Mount)
    Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    Assault Hub / Steering wheel
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    Cipher Race Seats and 4 point harness
    XO Luxury Verona 20x12 Toyo R888 315/35r20, 19x9.5 Toyo R888 265/35R19
    and more...

• Not on mine, it comes off with a bit of work.

Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    and more...

• Yeah, if you want to adjust the actual tension, then my trick doesn't work. It only works to take the belt of completely and put it back on after.

Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    and more...

• Not meant to derail this thread, but has anyone actually had to adjust their belt tension? I'f got almost 15,000 miles and all but 500 of those miles are with the turbo and it still falls in specs for tension. I just don't see it needing routine adjustments if after almost 15K miles from new it hasn't changed any.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Not meant to derail this thread, but has anyone actually had to adjust their belt tension? I'f got almost 15,000 miles and all but 500 of those miles are with the turbo and it still falls in specs for tension. I just don't see it needing routine adjustments if after almost 15K miles from new it hasn't changed any.

I loosened mine after my bearing replacement ....it has maintained the same as set spec since ......

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Everything you wanted to know about belt and final drive:

Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    and more...

• Vi Engineered Turbo (V-Mount)
    Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    and more...

• I had to adjust mine because of the horrible "POP/BANG" sound I got whenever I would get a little feisty jumping from 1st to 2nd gear. After reading about others experiences with this, I learned that the belt was just loose enough to jump a tooth under hard shifting from 1st to 2nd. On my first adjusting attempt, I got the belt a little too tight for my liking, so did the adjustment again, and haven't had to touch it since.

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi