Just bought bill's used Hahn turbo... What else do I need to buy?

• So I just purchased bills Hahn turbo. Planning on installing it next weekend. My question is what else do I need to install it? I have basic tools... I'm assuming i need a tapping kit? @Dave@DDMWorks did the uninstalling... Could you possibly fill me in on what was left on bill's ss? I assume the actual tap itself was left, so I would need to purchase one... Where could I get one? Size? Etc etc...

• So I just purchased bills Hahn turbo. Planning on installing it next weekend. My question is what else do I need to install it? I have basic tools... I'm assuming i need a tapping kit? @Dave@DDMWorks did the uninstalling... Could you possibly fill me in on what was left on bill's ss? I assume the actual tap itself was left, so I would need to purchase one... Where could I get one? Size? Etc etc...

@rabtech - here you go - another Hahnite to take under your wing - he needs guidance - hhelp him out please

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I need to see what turbo parts you have in front of you. Once I see what all your have I can tell you what you will need . Also @Slingrazor is the one who removed it I believe. He may have more info for you. Best thing to do is lay all the stuff you have on a clean white towel so it has contrast and snap a few pictures of it all. Then post it here. Once u do that I can tell you everything you will need to install it.

• Everthing from the system was removed and put in the boxes except maybe one item. Was there an oxygen sensor with it? I think Bill kept it on his for his AFR readout.
    You will need to replace the exhaust manifold to Turbo mount studs and nuts because they are not in good shape. You will also need the fitting for your oil return line.
    It would help if someone could do some detailed pictures for you.

• Yea I know... Just trying to get my schedule in order... Work 60 hour weeks, got 2 toddlers, so really trying to not have the slingshot in pieces for a whole week lol... Wife gets moody when she can't park her car in the garage...

• Is there anyone on here who tapped the block vs the pan? Seeing as it's an option suggested by Hahn, I would think it wouldn't be such a big risk... However I've read a lot of posts where people freak out at the thought of drilling the block...

• Mine is drilled. It is freaky if you think about it, but remove those thoughts and concentrate on drilling the hole slow and straight (using a lot of grease to catch the aluminum shavings. It really isn't that bad. The block has the boss cast into the block so all you have to do is drill in the center of it and use the proper size bit and tap.

Note: I think Noel pumps air into the EMPTY oil pan, so any pieces are blown out and not down inside the pan when he does them

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Hahn recommends allowing about 1 week to get the ECU shipped off, reflashed and returned. Bob at OBD Diagnostics charges $500 for the turbo reflash (be sure to specify you have the Hahn turbo). Also include shipping for the return or add $10 (per the OBD website). I mailed my ECU 8 days ago and it hasn't gotten back yet. I didn't buy extra insurance, but replacing the ECU isn't cheap and I wonder if I should have.

Noel Hughes wrote that they drill an old oil cap to accept an air fitting and then pressurize the oil pan to (hopefully) blow out any drill shavings. Don't forget to use lots of grease in the drill flutes once you get about halfway in. Also use lots of grease during the tapping process.

Another option is to contact Hahn about their pre-modded oil pan.It's $250 with $150 back when you send back your old oil pan. It also requires a different oil return line/connector and you need to swap the internal oil pan components from your old pan to the modded pan.

• Yea I've already made arrangements with Bob... He's local to me... He made the Cai, 1320 headers /exhaust tune off of my slingshot...my friend who has a hahn turbo is assuring me that we'll have no issues drilling the block. He hasn't had any with his. So I guess drilling the block is what we're gonna do...

• But didn't u drill the pan? @rabtech

I had to drill my pan with the Alpha setup... With my Hahn I drilled my block. AND on my new engine build at DDM I always drill and tap the port in the block. Doesn't matter if you need it or not. When the engine is on the stand and the pan is off I would think it foolish to not drill and tap the block. I just put a 3/8 NPT plug in the hole.

The reason alpha drills the pan (in my opinion) is because the turbo sits lower and won't drain if you use the block location. The Hahn sits up higher and drain perfectly into the block hole.