Demon Speed Shop mini boost kit?

• Demons Speed Shop actually has some very nice items on their website. I've purchased from Chris before and he stands behind his products.

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• Thoughts? Opinions?

Seems like an "easy" entry into boost...

Look at this on eBay Polaris Slingshot Demons Speed Shop Turbo Kit

Hey guys just a quick heads up.
    This is not a complete kit. It has very basic parts. They do not have an intercooler nor do they upgrade the map sensor, spark plugs, fuel injectors, or tune.
    This simply adds a turbo to your stock setup. I have spoken to a customer with this kit and a blown up engine.
    This would not be the way I would go as it would end up costing you a lot more in the not so long run.
    Hope this helps.

Jeff Mellor
    DDMWorks
    119A Highway 183
    Piedmont, SC 29673
    Orders - 864-438-4949
    Tech Support - 864-907-6004
    www.DDMWorks.com

• The basic rule of any aftermarket turbo kit...if you aren't going to pay for it to be done correctly now...you will pay for it to be repaired later. The idea of force feeding more hot air in to an already hot engine without proper fuel or spark is asking for trouble.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Kind of get what you pay for with this Kit. .... possible more problems later or adding essential items needed.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• A Hahn Racecraft Stage 1 Turbo kit is currently priced at $2430 and includes the cost of the ECU reflash (normally $500) and upgraded injectors. It does not include an intercooler, but at the boost levels of a Stage 1 system, the intercooler isn't really needed. The EBay system is comparable to the Hahn Stage 1 system, but doesn't include the ECU reflash or the upgraded injectors. My guess is someone with experience could probably make it work, but the Hahn system is definitely properly engineered. Hahn also offers an upgrade package ($900) to convert from Stage 1 to an all-out Stage 2/2X system w/intercooler, allowing entry into the boosted club at an affordable price while providing a way to easily move up, if desired.
    Also, if you prefer an Alpha Turbo setup, there's a Group Buy currently going on for the first 10 buyers at around $4400 for their Stage 2 equivalent. I don't think Alpha offers anything similar to a Stage 1 kit.

If you're on the edge about going forced induction, keep in mind the following -
    No forced induction system is guaranteed to never result in possible engine damage. You takes your chances.
    A supercharger offers linear boost, always producing the same boost at a given rpm. Turbos are not linear and can have boost fluctuations. While the lower pressures of a Stage 1 system are less likely to cause engine problems, nothing is guaranteed as some folks with low boost have still ended up with engine damage.

Disclaimer - I'm finally getting around to installing my Hahn Stage 2/2X turbo kit I purchased last year just before the swing-arm recall was issued. I've removed the passenger sidepanel, exhaust manifold, stock air intake and lower front wing. next step is pulling the oil pan so I can install the oil pan I purchased from Hahn that is already modified for the oil return line from the turbo as I didn't want to drill and tap my engine block and If I was going to pull the oil pan to do so, I figured I'd just go the pre-modded oil pan route. I'm thinking about changing the wastegate springs so that I'm initially running at Stage 1 boost levels (around 3-4 psi) instead of the default Stage 2/2X configuration (around 7-8 psi, I think).

Edited 3 times, last by BKL ().