Kenny and Rab's North Ga. Ride - VERSION 2.0 - July 28-30 Blairsville 2017

• WOW, glad your okay @FunCycle would love to know what let go? By looking at the pics, can't really tell how much damage was done to the body or frame... looks like he just pushed up some dirt.... If there is anything I can do to help, just give me a holla, you have my number.

its about to be delivered to my house. We are gonna hit it with a pressure washer to get all the mud off so we can take a look and see how bad it is. I'll keep you posted.

@MACAWS we will keep you posted. I have a 12V 2500 utv winch that's yours and can be installed here if needed!

We just made room in my garage for it. It can stay here until arrangements are made.

Thank you for the offer....

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• No!!!

But what a great group and such a great outcome having Patrick there to help and support...

The lord works in mysterious ways and thank goodness you are okay @FunCycle!

I dread seeing these things and knowing that even though I haven't met all of you, I care about y'all so much that nothing better happen to any of y'all! Having had my own incident, no bueno!

• Wow I only meet @FunCycle in myrtle beach for a short time but could tell he is experienced rider and great man so glad to hear he is ok. All the best on repairs, I know you are the man to get it fixed right. The man up above was ridin with you.

Keep Three Wheels Down

• so glad fun is ok let me know on what went wrong plz anything i cant do since im close

invite him to dinner tonight. He is going back up to Blairsville tonight... He has no vehicle tonight. Offered him Hibachi but ?????

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• IF all else fails and you have no other options I can run down and pick it up from your house with my trailer
    But it will have to be able to be pushed into a closed trailer. I haven't gotten around to setting up a winch.

You have my number - Just not sure what day I can get there

But for @FunCycle we will get it figured out. Sure would be weird seeing him in the seat next to me and not in my rear view mirror

YEA, I can just see me riding with you in the passenger seat @MACAWS. This is the same reason I did not come up here the weekend before the 4 of July by myself. Back in my younger days I was always by myself up here. The curve was a kind of a long sweeper in the valley, probably if you were really pushing it you could at 75 to 80 mph using the whole rode. We were running 50 to 55 and I drove almost straight off of the turn. The Slingshot would not turn left. After @Ruptured Duck washed with the pressure washer to get the red Georgia clay out the only two things we could see wrong was. The right side (pass.) tie rod was pulled thru on the ring on the end. The other was what I found when trying to back off of the roll back, the power rack would not turn to the left, now remember this the drivers side wheel/tire was pointed straight ahead. @Ruptured Duck and I did not even think about this. I was lucky if this had happened 1 1/2 mile back it would have been a different story and I would have been off the mountain. 51,000 miles rolled over this morning

• Also bringing another Sling with me, possible 2 more. We are planning on being in Blairsville, by 8:45am.

• . The curve was a kind of a long sweeper in the valley, probably if you were really pushing it you could at 75 to 80 mph using the whole rode. We were running 50 to 55 and I drove almost straight off of the turn. The Slingshot would not turn left. After @Ruptured Duck washed with the pressure washer to get the red Georgia clay out the only two things we could see wrong was. The right side (pass.) tie rod was pulled thru on the ring on the end. The other was what I found when trying to back off of the roll back, the power rack would not turn to the left, now remember this the drivers side wheel/tire was pointed straight ahead. @Ruptured Duck and I did not even think about this. I was lucky if this had happened 1 1/2 mile back it would have been a different story and I would have been off the mountain. 51,000 miles rolled over this morning

@FunCycle, I'm sorry to hear of your mishap, but glad it happened when it did, and that you walked away. Sounds to me like you did everything you could. Good luck getting 'er back on the road.

ETA: Guess you should just be thanking your lucky stars it wasn't a catastrophic brake failure, eh?

No? Too soon? :00008356:

• @FunCycle, I'm sorry to hear of your mishap, but glad it happened when it did, and that you walked away. Sounds to me like you did everything you could. Good luck getting 'er back on the road.
    ETA: Guess you should just be thanking your lucky stars it wasn't a catastrophic brake failure, eh?

No? Too soon? :00008356:

@FunCycle did you have your power steering rack replaced long ago.

It was not a catastrophic brake failure, no matter what he says. ?(@rabtech yes we did have the power steering rack recall. There was some things that should have happened if the cause was something else. I drove straight off of a curve on a left hander because it would not turn left. (FACT) What you call a long sweeper. The rack is locked in almost the straight ahead position. The left tire is straight ahead. We are not talking high speeds here.

• It was not a catastrophic brake failure, no matter what he says. ?(@rabtech yes we did have the power steering rack recall. There was some things that should have happened if the cause was something else. I drove straight off of a curve on a left hander because it would not turn left. (FACT) What you call a long sweeper. The rack is locked in almost the straight ahead position. The left tire is straight ahead. We are not talking high speeds here.

Is there anything you need sir or anything we can do to help you out?