Kenny and Rab's North Ga. Ride - VERSION 2.0 - July 28-30 Blairsville 2017

• Will only add that we tend to drive on the spirited side. Let's make sure the ride desires are matching to the participants.

I for one have been so locked down in business startup and development that I need a high spirited weekend of riding. Didn't get anything at SSITS this year.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I will bump the 120 mark a few times on the skyway. (There are a few straight spots on the TN side and a few up top). But for the most part I usually run 70 to 100 on the skyway..

The good thing about the skyway is there are no turns till you get to the end of it.. So that makes it easy to run with different paced drivers. I will stop and rest at the turn off before you get to the Robinsville store. So no worries about me hauling ass across the skyway..... I will be happily waiting. So no rush.. I don't want to see anyone get hurt.

• There are several more spots that I know of where we can pull over and get a picture and some drone footage. One of my favorites is down on the road to the gap that runs beside the creek. There is a place where you can park and go rafting. It's a smooth spot that we all can fit in. I'll pull over there also. And it will be a good place to launch the drone. You can fly it out over the creek and look back toward the road and get the slingshot passing thru several turns.

• On these type of rides I'm not much for planning. But I promise I will fill everyone in as the day progresses. And when your with me I try to never take a turn when no one can see me. Most of the time I wait on everyone to catch up at each turn. So that way you can just drive and drive until you see me or all of us. I won't leave you behind. :D

And this waiting at each turn also helps when you have people driving at different speeds.

• I will bump the 120 mark a few times on the skyway. (There are a few straight spots on the TN side and a few up top). But for the most part I usually run 70 to 100 on the skyway..

The good thing about the skyway is there are no turns till you get to the end of it.. So that makes it easy to run with different paced drivers. I will stop and rest at the turn off before you get to the Robinsville store. So no worries about me hauling ass across the skyway..... I will be happily waiting. So no rush.. I don't want to see anyone get hurt.

And that my friends is what we are talking about, the faint heart need not apply!

• @rabtech and guys, I want to see these 300 hp, handle the real challenges of North Ga, Mountain Roads, here are a few that will test your power, skills in the curves, shifting and power. I have a few suggestions to try while here. I warn you ahead of time, this takes a few test runs before you nail all the power, these are the unforgiving roads that are better than the dragon.

The best for testing your curve handling is Suches Hwy 180 to Hwy 129. The grand daddy of test, if you stay on the road with all 300 HP you are the king.
    Next is Blood Mountain north run from Turners Corner to Mountain Crossing at the top. Now here you have passing lanes all the way to the top. this is the Challenge Run. If you are bigger and meaner, you take the passing lane up. One Caution, at the 7 mile mark and just beyond is a curve that has claimed 9 lives. It tightens up at the end more than normal.
    The last of the three is Warwoman road. Head from Clayton up to Hwy 28. Now you can do your 100 on the straights up to a point, then you hit the twisties. Towards the end, you will be into more than you want if you try to put all the power on, it will only hold to a certain point. I mean u turns one after another.
    The Cherohala is nice, but North Ga mountains has all beat. If you can only do one and all you guys want to test one another, Blood Mountain north run is it. If you want to test your curve handling abilities Suches Hwy 180 to Hwy 129 is the one.

If you want to challenge yourself and your machine, take my rides suggested, I have 20 years riding these roads on a Harley and my Snazzy 2 now.

• Here are a couple of ride maps, one is Suches and the other is Richard B Russell parkway. You can not come to Ga Mountain and not take some of our premium rides. These two can be done together end up in Helen for a great Rubin Sandwich at the Cafe International Restaurant. Start the ride at Suches, so come down Hwy 60 to Suches go to Hwy 129 turn left, go a short couple of miles and get back on 180 with right turn, then about 2 or 3 miles is 348, Richard B Russell. Crank up the 475 for about 5 miles then get into challenge mode. I suggest this as one of your days rides. Let me know when you do it.

Richard B Russell Parkway.jpg - Google Drive

Suches to hwy 129.jpg - Google Drive

• @Samowens44 thank you.... I really haven't been very active on the local level and for that I'm sorry. Its not because I don't want to hang out but rather just spending all my spare time trying to get MeanSling off the ground.

I live here in Gainesville towards Dawsonville just off 400 on the lake. Last year the Blood Mountain run and Suches were all ran but we had to fend off the rain. I'll be doing the Blood Mountain run every morning and evening going to and coming back from each days ride if i don't get a room. It is rather fun having these great road at my back door. Just wish I could get more time out there. In the end it will be worth it. This is why I'm looking so forward to this ride.

Nothing more exciting than leading a group up BM and watching @FunCycle tucking his ass in just in time to avoid the RV..... Thought I had lost him for a second.

Blood Mountain, and for that fact, any of these mountain roads need to be meet with a lot of respect. Lets have a LOT of fun but also keep it safe and manageable. All we need to prove to each other is who can have a better time not how fast we get there.... grin-squared

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Been there --- done that

• @Samowens44 thank you.... I really haven't been very active on the local level and for that I'm sorry. Its not because I don't want to hang out but rather just spending all my spare time trying to get MeanSling off the ground.
    I live here in Gainesville towards Dawsonville just off 400 on the lake. Last year the Blood Mountain run and Suches were all ran but we had to fend off the rain. I'll be doing the Blood Mountain run every morning and evening going to and coming back from each days ride if i don't get a room. It is rather fun having these great road at my back door. Just wish I could get more time out there. In the end it will be worth it. This is why I'm looking so forward to this ride.

Nothing more exciting than leading a group up BM and watching @FunCycle tucking his ass in just in time to avoid the RV..... Thought I had lost him for a second.

Blood Mountain, and for that fact, any of these mountain roads need to be meet with a lot of respect. Lets have a LOT of fun but also keep it safe and manageable. All we need to prove to each other is who can have a better time not how fast we get there.... grin-squared

The RV was beside me and I was passing him, even though I was a little sideways at the time. My story and I am sticking to it. I was still on my side of the yellow lines unlike some people we know.