• Test rode a SL sling. Kinda like riding in a little sports car. Pros = Steering was nice, shifted nice, felt comfortable, radio sounded nice, caught a little second gear scratch. Cons = Salesman told me nobody beats his deals (25,000.00+), then I told him about a dealer in WV who advertises them for 18,999.00. Then I told about his store in north end of town who has a price of 21,449.00 on a red sl. All he could say was... I don't know how they can sell them at those prices. It's hard to find a good deal in Houston as all of these asshats think msrp is a standard price. I'm holding out till I can get a real deal. I did tell him I worked for Yamaha years ago and he said, then you know how it works here... I said yep.

• @sssfjet... You're in Houston? There's a couple of used for sale in the dfw area... Drive it back!

Yeah, when I was looking here locally, they wanted to sell me the demo model at like $23k... I said no thank you and got mine for $17k used in California... Drove it back! :thumbup:

• Test rode a SL sling. Kinda like riding in a little sports car. Pros = Steering was nice, shifted nice, felt comfortable, radio sounded nice, caught a little second gear scratch. Cons = Salesman told me nobody beats his deals (25,000.00+), then I told him about a dealer in WV who advertises them for 18,999.00. Then I told about his store in north end of town who has a price of 21,449.00 on a red sl. All he could say was... I don't know how they can sell them at those prices. It's hard to find a good deal in Houston as all of these asshats think msrp is a standard price. I'm holding out till I can get a real deal. I did tell him I worked for Yamaha years ago and he said, then you know how it works here... I said yep.

Bargaining a price down doesn't happen much with the SS...I'm in Houston also. Let me know if you get one! Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can probably trailer a sling from nearly anywhere to Houston for about $600, or so I have heard...

• I heard from a guy in WV that some dealers in WV are selling SL's for 18,999.00. So if I paid 19000 for a sling in WV and they charged me 1000 for freight and other pee fees, and then I paid someone 1000.00 to ship it to my house that's 21000.00. That's about 5000.00 less then msrp at a houston location without freight and other pee fees.

• That was me with that info. $18,999 for a 2016 SL new. Piss fees are $55 for temporary WV plates. No BS fees.

Shipping from them to you, I dunno. PM me, and I'll hook you up with the sales dude. Low key guy, and won't twist your arm.

SL might be gone, though. That was 2 weeks ago. Might have other tempting deals, maybe.

• @sssfjet... You're in Houston? There's a couple of used for sale in the dfw area... Drive it back!

Yeah, when I was looking here locally, they wanted to sell me the demo model at like $23k... I said no thank you and got mine for $17k used in California... Drove it back! :thumbup:

One of those was a little over priced for me and the other one strung me along till he found out if another guys financing would go through. I hope the check bounces. I hope his dog bites him in the ass.

• I heard from a guy in WV that some dealers in WV are selling SL's for 18,999.00. So if I paid 19000 for a sling in WV and they charged me 1000 for freight and other pee fees, and then I paid someone 1000.00 to ship it to my house that's 21000.00. That's about 5000.00 less then msrp at a houston location without freight and other pee fees.

Hearing and getting are two different things at a motorcycle dealership.

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• That's just the start. Wait until you find out how much that 500 mile service is going to cost you!

My 500 mile cost me $25 for Mobile 1, $5 for K&N oil filter, and a little time. I even checked more than the service manual called for. I've found the dealerships near me not only to be a ripoff, but the mechanics to be hacks. I have two Harleys in the garage, wife's 2005 Super Glide Custom, and my 2012 Road King. Hers is at 55K miles, mine around 24K. I do the work on those, I can do the work on this.

My SS has 13 months on it, and 17,500 miles. Runs way better than the day I picked it up. I was going to get the extended warr, but I'm thinking now I'll just do it myself and hope for the best.

• Many years ago I worked for Yamaha. Many years ago the franchisee's had a monthly meeting. I saw the labor rates go from 25 dollars an hour to 100 dollars an hour overnight. Smart people do there own work (most of it is simple stuff), all others must pay out the ass.

If you can do that JUMP on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk