• Got a phone call today 6/16/17 from the dealer that sold me my Slingshot. She told me there was a recall because there might be missing grommets in the swing arm that could allow dirt to get in and cause damage. She said the procedure would take less than 20 minutes and I could stop in any time. I live over an hour away so I asked can I make an appointment and also get the oil changed and some other things looked at. She said sure and connected me to the service department. The service guy said there was no point right now as they havent even received the parts for the recall yet.

He also said not to worry the recall wasnt a big deal and it could easily wait until my next service - - - - thats nice, but then why are they having the front office girl calling people and saying we can stop by any time? I would have been upset if I had driven there and they didnt have the parts

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Its really easy to tell if the grommets are missing, just reach up the back of the swing arm. If you feel two big holes you need to take it in. If you feel rubber grommets you are good.

:GRAYSS: Its all about that base :HEADERSS::MOTOROILSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch, Welter duels

Edited once, last by slolane ().

• Its really easy to tell if the grommets are missing, just reach up the back of the swing arm. If you fell two big holes you need to take it in. If you feel rubber grommets you are good.

Thank You :)

Just checked and the grommets are good to go

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• After much procrastination, I am finally taking my 2016.5 Slingshot in for the swing arm & brake recall. Don't need the fuel line done since I jnstalled a steel braided. I made the appointment with one of the women who works there and not the service mgr. She said they will also be doing a steering update. She didn't know exactly what it was but had to do with something in the rack and pinion. She didn't know if it was a recall or just an update. Anyone know more about this? Just curious more than anything.

CDCAMEL6

• After much procrastination, I am finally taking my 2016.5 Slingshot in for the swing arm & brake recall. Don't need the fuel line done since I jnstalled a steel braided. I made the appointment with one of the women who works there and not the service mgr. She said they will also be doing a steering update. She didn't know exactly what it was but had to do with something in the rack and pinion. She didn't know if it was a recall or just an update. Anyone know more about this? Just curious more than anything.

CDCAMEL6

I was at the dealer the other day and they pulled my Vin number and said no recalls and I just checked it online with the link Ross has us and it Al's says no recalls. Mine is 206.5 as well I'm shocked that yours has recalls and mine doesn't.

RNJ12

• The thread is old (didn't want to start a new one from some older recall, like the swing arm). What I am saying about the steering update isn't old. Was just told this on 11/4/17. Curious if anyone else had heard of it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Polaris Slingshot Info

• They replaced my steering rack under warranty a few months ago...mechanic noticed it was bad when he pulled it into the garage bay. They know there is an issue....but I don’t know how long they have known. My steering wheel was jerking slightly when he made the turn.

CDCAMEL6

There was a Steering update that corrected a sticking on center issue several had. I had it on mine and it's a 2016. We chased this issue for a long time before Polaris finally put a fix in for it. Been a while though. That's about the only steering software update I can think of.

• A little clarification of the earlier post that I asked about the possible steering issue. Dropped my Slingshot off yesterday afternoon for the swingarm and brakes system recall from back in late spring. (Yes I know it is an old one. Usually don't procrastinate, but did on this. Guess I didn't want to miss any ride time during good weather.) The dealership is the one who has decided to look at my steering. They told me that they have seen several issues with bolts in the steering with the late in the year 16's and especially the 16.5's like mine. I bought it there and it is still under warranty, so they want to make sure it is right. Which I appreciate. I have had no steering issues myself though. When I originally made the appointment, the young lady kind of made it sound like it was a recall or campaign by the manufacturer, which it is not. I am in the auto resell business, so I am very aware of recalls. The NHTSA has all the manufacturers so scared they make recalls when someone farts sideways!!! Not ever surprised to hear of recalls/ campaigns on anything!!! Sorry if I alarmed anybody thinking there was another problem, not my intent. I just wanted to clarify the info I found out.