Polaris isn't 1600 Pennsylvania Ave!

• Polaris has always been very quiet about their products. I was in the new factory and they had the new model slingshots in a special area away from even their own employees.

Anytime I would ask about something that was possibly coming in the future they changed the subject..

Gotta hand it to them. They must take care of their employees because I think I could have been swayed to whisper... :D

• I do know some potentially interesting news about upcoming Polaris endeavors. Unfortunately I'm not at liberty to discuss it openly. I wish I could tell everyone, but I'm in prototype in my line of work. We aren't doing it at my shop, but we work with a place that is or is not working with them. I do know that the mother ship hinted at a new engine design possible in the upcoming models '18 or '19.

All of the above comes with a disclaimer to believe or not believe what you want. (in a room full of smoke and mirrors....)

• Or maybe the initial quality and workmanship is so poor everyone is embarrassed to admit they work there...

#02828 January 2015 build date.
    Here to assist anyone in the Denver area.

• I do know some potentially interesting news about upcoming Polaris endeavors. Unfortunately I'm not at liberty to discuss it openly. I wish I could tell everyone, but I'm in prototype in my line of work. We aren't doing it at my shop, but we work with a place that is or is not working with them. I do know that the mother ship hinted at a new engine design possible in the upcoming models '18 or '19.

All of the above comes with a disclaimer to believe or not believe what you want. (in a room full of smoke and mirrors....)

funny... We were requested to quite some parts for the next Jeep Wrangler. I have gotten to see a small aspect but can not say a word.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• The only secret stuff I know that I can't talk about is related to Starbucks coffee...

I've never asked, but I see yours in your signature.... so here goes. I would assume that the VIN# shows what number the Slingshot was in the count. How do I find mine? I did a search but came up empty.

Figured this thread is due for derailment soon anyway, why not now? :thumbsup:

I'm fine with the current engine. I'm concerned about not turning my legs into a pretzel to drive one.

• I've never asked, but I see yours in your signature.... so here goes. I would assume that the VIN# shows what number the Slingshot was in the count. How do I find mine? I did a search but came up empty.
    Figured this thread is due for derailment soon anyway, why not now? :thumbsup:

Are you looking for VIN itself? It's on driver side frame rail, forward of the speaker...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• sorry, :/ I'm kind of new to this sling stuff

Welcome Shatneyman! You'll love it here! We're a good group... Just like family... Lots of mods and advice to help you work on yours. Some have even painted their own, cut their own hood, switched out stock wheels to some really killer white/silver ones, all while pretending they didn't know what they were doing...

Watch out for @Tripod... Seems nice, but then he'll get ya! By the way, any parts you aren't using or needing?

• I'm fine with the current engine. I'm concerned about not turning my legs into a pretzel to drive one.

I am too, but there's always room for improvement! Since I was a teenager (long time.... very long time ago!) I was always a fan of either a mid sized car with large engine, or a smaller car with a small/mid V8. That's all I drove until my mid 20's. Wonder that I lived to tell about it. But I'm 6'4", with 36" inseam. I'm cramped enough, and if I recall you are a couple inches taller yet. My son is 6'7", but he's not turned me down if I offer him a drive in it!

Are you looking for VIN itself? It's on driver side frame rail, forward of the speaker..

No my friend. Thanks anyway. I knew where that was, just wasn't sure what my build number was. The VIN is right beside the 6 or so tags for recalls that have been done to mine. They are running out of room... sigh.... :rolleyes::/

• Welcome Shatneyman! You'll love it here! We're a good group... Just like family... Lots of mods and advice to help you work on yours. Some have even painted their own, cut their own hood, switched out stock wheels to some really killer white/silver ones, all while pretending they didn't know what they were doing...

Watch out for @Tripod... Seems nice, but then he'll get ya! By the way, any parts you aren't using or needing?

New here my self but that cracked me up. I've read other threads where tripod ask for spare parts. HAHAHA

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• New here my self but that cracked me up. I've read other threads where tripod ask for spare parts. HAHAHA

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Welcome @706thompson! But it wasn't Tripod that is asking, it was @MiM! @MiM is our foster child.... well I've not helped yet but others have found way to put some parts on that machine.... (I've still adopted MIM for the record...)