Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Thought I would open up w thread where we all can pontificate on the looming, arguably most important, Presidential Election in our lifetimes. I have made it clear on the other forum I would vote for Bernie Madoff before I would vote for Hillary as they both have similar credibility. It appears that Trump will likely be the Republican nominee. What does that say about our country? These 2 candidates have the highest "DISAPPROVAL" ratings in history. So that means when you pull the lever in November it no longer means who is the best candidate but who do you hate less. Don't know how to make it happen but the political election process is clearly broken and needs to be revamped from the bottom up!!

P.S. If you are a liberal you are wading into treacherous waters
    :00007793:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I am not a big person when it comes to politics...what I have noticed is this...This year reaffirms why I am a Libertarian. Clinton should be in prison or on the lamb like Snowden. Sanders is looking for ways to improve certain pockets of society with an impact on everyone. Cruz is a damn nightmare. And Trump is a cry baby that has some good ideas but with no way to get them done. If this is the best that the media supported parties can bring to the table, more people should be looking at other options.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• I don't see a piss bit of difference between them other than how they deliver their lies.
    Maybe not pulling the lever would teach the GOP something (I doubt it since it is a 1 part system with 2 departments)
    I grew up in NY so Trump can't fool me. He is great at manipulating. Before the trump people jump all over me about all the things he said he will do answer me this
    HAS HE SAID ONCE HOW HE WILL DO ANY OF IT?
    Maybe if he did I could be swayed but in politics -TRUST ME means shit to me.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Thought I would open up w thread where we all can pontificate on the looming, arguably most important, Presidential Election in our lifetimes. I have made it clear on the other forum I would vote for Bernie Madoff before I would vote for Hillary as they both have similar credibility. It appears that Trump will likely be the Republican nominee. What does that say about our country? These 2 candidates have the highest "DISAPPROVAL" ratings in history. So that means when you pull the lever in November it no longer means who is the best candidate but who do you hate less. Don't know how to make it happen but the political election process is clearly broken and needs to be revamped from the bottom up!!

P.S. If you are a liberal you are wading into treacherous waters
    :00007793:

please see my thread about Septic tank work... It's also how I feel about all candidates... This go around sucks...

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• At this point in the game, and given the entire crop of undesirables that we have to choose from- I am no longer about "Making America Great Again". Just keeping us from sinking any deeper in the crapper is the only viable alternative. It will take more than just holding my nose this time, but I will vote, and pray for a change. JMHO-we have sunk to new depths in the last 7 1/2 years, and there is not a single candidate who will be able to bail us out of this. Our nation's lack of credibility, both internally and worldwide, will take a very long time to repair.

• well shoot- that just made "Safe Zones" being established at our colleges and universities looks like a good idea...... Kinda makes you glad that you are up there in years, so perhaps you won't live Long enough to see these "future leaders" of our country

I've been saying that for years now, if I was in my 20's or 30's I'd be headed to Alaska or Canada. I don't know if we can survive between the crooked politicians and the idiots we graduating from HS and even Universities, it's just plain sad. ?(

• Once upon a time was a Libertarian...Robert Heinlein (I'm aware some may dispute the association, just play along...) who wrote a book, Starship Troopers (that bears little in common with the movie of same name). After seeing that clip, I'm thinking requiring military service before being allowed to vote may not be too bad an idea...at least they'd know who North Korea was and how those people live...

Supporter H&P Animal Alliance

• Kind of reminds of a show we used to get a chuckle out of.

And yes politics SUCK!
    Hopefully you guys don't get caught in the Liberal trap like us..... Hope Cpt, Butthole isn't around =O

All the oil might be in Alberta but the dipsticks are in Ottawa!

• I usually steer clear of political talk. I find that someone usually gets their feelings hurt or someone usually says something that reignites the fires of Rome. But this election has got me a little bewildered. Take a look at our possible choices!!! Has any of them really said what they are going to do or how they are going to do it??? I'm one of those "bottom line" type people. The bottom line is, who, of all the perspective candidates, will make (or keep) the United States of America the land that I was proud to defend for 24 years? I hate that my choice has been reduced to "pick the lesser of two evils".
    At any rate, I respect the choices we all made or will make in response to the impending election. Once that choice is made, we all have to own up for that choice. Good, bad, or indifference...we will still be the greatest Nation to live in. This is because of the people...not because of the individual who was elected to be "In-Charge"...so to speak.
    I will get of my soapbox now. :|

• I usually steer clear of political talk. I find that someone usually gets their feelings hurt or someone usually says something that reignites the fires of Rome. But this election has got me a little bewildered. Take a look at our possible choices!!! Has any of them really said what they are going to do or how they are going to do it??? I'm one of those "bottom line" type people. The bottom line is, who, of all the perspective candidates, will make (or keep) the United States of America the land that I was proud to defend for 24 years? I hate that my choice has been reduced to "pick the lesser of two evils".
    At any rate, I respect the choices we all made or will make in response to the impending election. Once that choice is made, we all have to own up for that choice. Good, bad, or indifference...we will still be the greatest Nation to live in. This is because of the people...not because of the individual who was elected to be "In-Charge"...so to speak.
    I will get of my soapbox now. :|

If anyone has the right to get on their soapbox - after 24 years serving your country - you certainly do!! It is very frustrating to me that all the folks that served have to watch the flag being walked on and burned. The political process has deteriorated to where one side is only concerned about what the government is going to give them and the other taking drastic measures to keep us from driving off a cliff. We have morphed into something that the founding fathers and writers of the Constitution they would not recognize. Sad but true - I see financial ruin for the US with a possibility of anarchy down the road. Anyone can clearly see that the status quo is not an option anymore!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it