Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• This is a little bit out of my toolbox so I thought I would ask the ex military - government folks I know are on here a question. As Comey stated Clinton was extremely careless with security protocol - would that not be just cause for suspending her security clearance thus negating her ability to run for president? I know it would never happen - just wondering if that is yet another example of the Clintons being above the law?

I assume you are making a military security Clarence.
    It's a Catch 22.
    Technically, you don't have to have a security clearance to be elected president. For example, let's say Trump gets elected. He has not served in the military or government. He had had no reason to ever have a military security clearance.
    However, once you are elected, you become the Commander in chief. That being the official commander of the military, you technically give yourself a security clearance., Since it is you job to oversee every aspect of the military.
    All security clearances also come with a "Need to know" stipulation.
    When I was in, I had a Top Secret clearance. Technically, the same clearance as the president.
    BUT, I did not have a " Need to know " anything outside of my job field. Like, nuclear launch codes.

Here is the cool part. Being the Commander in chief, the president is, TECHNICALLY the head of the military and thus, subject to being held accountable in a military court. Yes, that's right, the president can be issued a Military Court Natural!
    Now, I don't think any military prosecutor would every attempt career suicide by filling charges, but they could.

• Thanks @Joker256 - very informative. So I guess if Clintons security clearance was revoked (in theory) she could be elected President and it wouldn't matter?? WOW -- what a country we are becoming :(

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Just my two cents worth - there are clearances way above top secret, but yes the prez really doesn't get vetted the way others do. And as a side note, the director of the cia or nsa, can't remember which, lost his security clearance, but is still the director. He just can't attend some meetings nor be briefed on them.

Boating with the dolphins, US Navy '76-'84

• Just my two cents worth - there are clearances way above top secret, but yes the prez really doesn't get vetted the way others do. And as a side note, the director of the cia or nsa, can't remember which, lost his security clearance, but is still the director. He just can't attend some meetings nor be briefed on them.

Actually, information "above Top Secret" is either Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) or special access program (SAP) which are phrases used by media. It is not truly "above" Top Secret, since there is no actualclearance higher than Top Secret. SCI information may be either Secret or Top Secret, but in either case it has additional controls on dissemination beyond those associated with the classification level alone.
    But SCI and SAP are enforced examples of "need to know".
    In order to gain SCI Access, you would need to have a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
    Only persons with access to a given compartment of information are permitted to see information within that compartment, regardless of the person's security clearance level.

BTW, trust me, SSBI Investigations suck!

• Actually, information "above Top Secret" is either Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) or special access program (SAP) which are phrases used by media. It is not truly "above" Top Secret, since there is no actualclearance higher than Top Secret. SCI information may be either Secret or Top Secret, but in either case it has additional controls on dissemination beyond those associated with the classification level alone.But SCI and SAP are enforced examples of "need to know".
    In order to gain SCI Access, you would need to have a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
    Only persons with access to a given compartment of information are permitted to see information within that compartment, regardless of the person's security clearance level.

BTW, trust me, SSBI Investigations suck!

Good summary. I would just add that even someone with a TS-SCI clearance wouldn't necessarily get to see the items in that classification bracket, unless they had the "need to know" on that specific project, not just the whole SCI level.

That's an official government term, that is.

+1 on SSBIs sucking. "What was your first dog's name? Did she ever associate with any anti-government groups?" "What is your cousin's 2nd ex-wife up to these days? Is she in possession of any knowledge that could be used to blackmail you?" "What is your first grade teacher's name, address, and social security number? We need to talk to her about your study habits as a child and to make sure you don't sleepwalk when you nap."

• Obama and Clinton campaigning today on ALL they have accomplished and how much more they have to do. YEAH - free this, free that but NEVER how they are gonna pay for it. I guess with 8 years of Hillary we will have $60 trillion in debt the way it is going. @Canoehead - you got any property for sale up close to you. Just about ready to freeze my coonass off up in Canada.....at least I'll still have an ass!

• IMO all the politicians should take a look at our "small thread" and listen and learn. We all work or worked an earned our future without having to worry about our future. And that applies specifically to all of our service members past, present and future. It made it possible for me to become a citizen. I would lay down my live for our great country in a heartbeat. Fuck ISIS all the way. :evil::evil::evil::evil:

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• IMO all the politicians should take a look at our "small thread" and listen and learn. We all work or worked an earned our future without having to worry about our future. And that applies specifically to all of our service members past, present and future. It made it possible for me to become a citizen. I would lay down my live for our great country in a heartbeat. Fuck ISIS all the way. :evil::evil::evil::evil:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• @mytoy you are 100% correct. Everyone here I am quite sure has worked hard and been successful or how else would we be able to afford our beloved "toy" that brought us all together. It is incumbent upon us and other like minded individuals to push, prod, poke or whatever it takes to get all anti Hillary people (you don't necessarily have to be a Trump supporter) to the polls in November. If we want any chance of restoring the country we had - this one is for all the marbles!! VOTE EVERYONE!!!

• Before Mr. Obama leaves office, he has directed the following changes to the Pledge of Allegiance in order to make it more accurate in light of today's FBI recommendations ....

I pledge allegiance to the flag of United States of America and to the republic for which it stands. One nation under any Higher Being with liberty and justice for most.