Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• @Bill Martin the far left and far right are lost to their devisiveness. It is up to the middle that still believe you have to give a little to get a little without fear of the other side screwing them on the deal, to pull us out of the head-on collision politics we have now.

I like it but how the hell is that gonna happen?? Maybe somebody will start the SANE Party.....politics makes me want to

:00008359:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Holder, Harris, Clinton, Booker, Avanetti, Bernie, Pocahontas the Dem field for 2020. What a sad sack of candidates. If you think we are divided now just wait. There will be no center left at all. It is gonna be the Civil War all over again - your either a tree hugger, want big government, open borders, free college, healthcare, high taxes, abortion legal up to delivery OR you are a racist, hate women, want to starve babies, let people die for lack of healthcare, rip illegal aliens children away, only concerned about big business and Wall Street profits and knowingly want to put a rapist on the Supreme Court just to name a few things on both sides, @edwardaneal I would gladly join the libertarian party if there was anyone that was just left or right of center. Sadly, the battle lines are drawn with the middle is going to have to choose a side making us even further divided. As a pretty far right guy I would gladly move further toward the center......if the far left would.......from what I see it ain’t likely ;(

I will admit that dumping the Republican party and becoming a Libertarian I knew there was a good chance that I was moving to a position with much less political clout and at first I questioned myself, but in the end I decided that being right with how feel on the issues was more important than being on the winning side or the side of power.

I am a Christian and I truly believe that the most important thing I can strive to do is to love everyone and it became very clear to me that there are positions taken by the Republican Party that I grew up in that just dont fit the narrative of living in love. The same is true for the Democrat party - - in fact I think it is very clear that the only party that has a core value that comes from love is the Libertarian Party - the freedom of the individual being the single most important thing there is that the government should strive to guarantee and protect.

In the end at my age winning or losing in politics became much less important than being true to my values - - - - I can live with that

Its kind of funny if you think about it, as a Christian you might think I would love the religious right of the Republican party but the truth is the exact opposite, I love God and I strive to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ and to be true to my Christian values, but the last thing I want is for my government to mandate these things if they were to be mandated they would lose their value and they wouldn't come from love.

Anyway - I will get off my little soap box now - seems I have a subconscious desire to be understood - - - - - :rolleyes:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Let’s say there is a fight between Mike Tyson and Rocky Marciano - arguably the two hardest punchers ever to enter the ring. Floyd Mayweather, is again, one of the best fighters ever in his weight class. Maywether may have faster hands and move quicker but could never dream about KOing Tyson or Marciano while all the heavyweights have to do is land one punch to cripple Mayweather. The Reps and Dems are the heavyweights and Libertarians are Mayweather. Unless the Libertarians gain 50 lbs of muscle they can even get in the ring. Hope my little metaphor explains my thoughts on the libertarian party !!!

• Messenging could be the only thing holding the libertarian party back, that and a strong candidate. I say Messenging because many people I speak to claim libertarian status, yet vote for the big 2. After seeing @edwardaneal s chart, I must say it is closer to my thinking than (D)(R).

Maybe they need to do a "Year of Courage" campaign: "We encourage all those that identify as Libertarian or believe the two party monopoly isn't working to take a stand, muster the COURAGE to vote with your heart and mind and not just your mind. It is your mind telling you that a vote for a third party is a waste. You know in your heart and mind that the libertarian party is a better, middle of the road party that can bring this country together and implement policies you actually agree with. If we all muster the COURAGE and vow to vote libertarian we will break the chains that have held our country and it's citizens back. Vote Libertarian this November and together we will correct the course our country is currently on. We are all courageous Americans, show your courage this november and join millions of Americans in this year of courage". Or something like that. ;)

• Let’s say there is a fight between Mike Tyson and Rocky Marciano - arguably the two hardest punchers ever to enter the ring. Floyd Mayweather, is again, one of the best fighters ever in his weight class. Maywether may have faster hands and move quicker but could never dream about KOing Tyson or Marciano while all the heavyweights have to do is land one punch to cripple Mayweather. The Reps and Dems are the heavyweights and Libertarians are Mayweather. Unless the Libertarians gain 50 lbs of muscle they can even get in the ring. Hope my little metaphor explains my thoughts on the libertarian party !!!

but if we never feed them by voting for them how can they ever gain the weight? - - this is the problem they need more voters to gain the weight, but the left and right have convinced people they shouldn't feed them until after they win

Its how the left and right hold their power they have convinced the public that supporting a third party is waste of time because they cant win. this keeps people away because it is our nature to want to win.

if you want the third party to have a chance you have to come over and support them and yes you may not win, but if you stick with them and get others to come over and support then your boxer can gain weight and in time will be big enough to fight - - so, its up to you, if you really do want the Libertarian Party to have a chance to break the 2 party lock, change your registration to Libertarian and start supporting the party.

if you wait for others to do it you will part of what keeps it from happening

• but if we never feed them by voting for them how can they ever gain the weight? - - this is the problem they need more voters to gain the weight, but the left and right have convinced people they shouldn't feed them until after they win
    Its how the left and right hold their power they have convinced the public that supporting a third party is waste of time because they cant win. this keeps people away because it is our nature to want to win.

if you want the third party to have a chance you have to come over and support them and yes you may not win, but if you stick with them and get others to come over and support then your boxer can gain weight and in time will be big enough to fight - - so, its up to you, if you really do want the Libertarian Party to have a chance to break the 2 party lock, change your registration to Libertarian and start supporting the party.

if you wait for others to do it you will part of what keeps it from happening

It could happen if the Libertarian Party could find a candidate with both Trump and Obama qualities combined less the bad - of course that person sounds like a unicorn sitting in a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow :00008172:

• It could happen if the Libertarian Party could find a candidate with both Trump and Obama qualities combined less the bad - of course that person sounds like a unicorn sitting in a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow :00008172:

I personally thought Gary Johnson was a very good choice in 2016 - I have followed him and think he would have made an excellent president. Heck right now I am hopeful that he can win the Senate race in New Mexico and if I lived there would vote for him in a heart beat - Getting some third party people into congress might just be a good way to start breaking the two party lock

• I personally thought Gary Johnson was a very good choice in 2016 - I have followed him and think he would have made an excellent president. Heck right now I am hopeful that he can win the Senate race in New Mexico and if I lived there would vote for him in a heart beat - Getting some third party people into congress might just be a good way to start breaking the two party lock

That is the place to start. Putting people in place that can and will do the job and listen to the people and build from there. It will not happen over night but we could make it happen if people would just vote on the people that will do the job. (NOT DEMS) for sure

• Unfortunately people that claim to be libertarian and want change will call a libertarian a Dem or Republican and start hating them as soon as they vote against something the people that voted them in disagree with and we are back to partisan politics.

• this is funny Trump snubs Feinstein & Harris

Apparently it is tradition for the president to get at least 1 of the Senators to sign off to sign off when he is picking judges for the court in their district

Well Trump has ignored both Feinstein & Harris and has nominated 3 conservative Judges to the normally liberal 9th circuit court

I find it humorous that these dems seem shocked and upset that after they did everything they could to try to torpedo Kavanaugh that now Trump wont listen to them on this

What the hell did they expect?

• now for a bit of stupid local politics

For years there was an annual motorcycle event held in down town palm springs called the American Heat Motorcycle & Hot rod weekend. They would block off the main drag and all the motorcycle riders would park their motorcycles and hot rods along the road and all up and down both sides of the street were vendors selling every kind of thing you could think of.

Then in 2015 there was some kind of violence at a motorcycle event in Texas and our city politicians decided to cancel the American Heat event out of the fear that something violent might happen here - the event has remained canceled and has not returned

now to the strange part ever since 2013 the Outlaw motorcycle club the Mongols have held their annual meeting in Palm Springs with 100's of bikers coming to town (no vendors)

So - I don't get it - the city cancels an event that brought money and was mostly well to do people with high end motorcycles and vendors paying for space because of the fear of violence yet they allow the annual meeting of a large group that is labeled as an "outlaw" motorcycle group to continue to come

Oh and just to be clear in all of the years that both of these events have taken place there has never been a problem with violence - hell we get more arrests when they hold the White Party event for gay men

It sure would be nice if the American Heat event returned - it was a much more diverse group, and by now would probably even include owners of Slingshots and perhaps some of our vendors

• So - I don't get it - the city cancels an event that brought money and was mostly well to do people with high end motorcycles and vendors paying for space because of the fear of violence yet they allow the annual meeting of a large group that is labeled as an "outlaw" motorcycle group to continue to come

For the same reason PETA throws red paint on old ladies fur coats but not on Hells Angels leather vests ... or why mobs show up to run Sarah Sanders or Ted Cruz out of restaurants but not Ryan Zinke or General Mattis ... cool-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

For the same reason PETA throws red paint on old ladies fur coats but not on Hells Angels leather vests ... or why mobs show up to run Sarah Sanders or Ted Cruz out of restaurants but not Ryan Zinke or General Mattis ... cool-squared

Are you suggesting that our city leaders are more intimidated by the Mongols with their motorcycles than they are by the lawyers, accountants and business men with their motorcycles?

I don't believe it :P