Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• I say to anybody that thinks that Trump is doing a lousy job; "Take those huge gains your 401k is earning right now and donate them to the local no kill animal shelter". I can assure you even if they are left they will be tickled to get money from the right.

What if I think he is a lousy person and an embarrassment to the office and I don't have a 401k? :D

• You know even I agree with some of that. First of all I come from a long long line of Democrats on both sides of my family. I might be the only republican from either side of my family ever. I was worried that President Trump would be too abrasive for the position or that he would get fed up with Congress in a year and quit. Turns out he's done quite well. I, like most other conservative Americans wish he might tweet a little less or maybe talk less and listen more. He said it best. He would continue to tweet because America was listening. He is getting results and in this country we hand out too damn many participation awards, or the standard pay increase for every employee regardless of performance just because they are still there this year. It's time we start our own movement. The reward performance only movement.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

Edited once, last by 123hotdog ().

• What if I think he is a lousy person and an embarrassment to the office and I don't have a 401k? :D

whats more important - job performance or likability?

President Obama was probably one of the most likable presidents in history, but under his administration the state of the economy sucked, now we have a president who is very unlikable and under him the state of the economy is booming

Presidents will come and go and in the end if they were likable is just about the least important thing I can think of

As a side note - if you don't have a 401(k) or some other retirement savings I sure hope you are independently wealthy.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• whats more important - job performance or likability?
    President Obama was probably one of the most likable presidents in history, but under his administration the state of the economy sucked, now we have a president who is very unlikable and under him the state of the economy is booming

Presidents will come and go and in the end if they were likable is just about the least important thing I can think of

As a side note - if you don't have a 401(k) or some other retirement savings I sure hope you are independently wealthy.

It's not about likability, it is about character for me.

The stock market was hitting record highs for about a year and a half before Trump took office. I know you are also aware of the state of things when Obama took office. I'd say that was a pretty good turn around. Yes, the market has increased at a faster pace under Trump, but don't discount the ground work laid out for him and the FACT that it was on a steady rise already.

Pension, 403(b) and some stocks I also "invest" :S in the lottery :D . Wife does have a 401(k) and I will slap her if she talks about donating to some animal fund with her increases. :D

• I couldn't care less about character or likability - all I care about is the job. Carter - great guy good christian fantastic character - really bad job as president.

Obama not much better at the economy and did more to divide this country and promote and anti American and anti law enforcement attitude than I would have ever thought possible

I personally think the responsibility for increase in division and racism in this country that exists right now can be laid directly at the feet of the Obama administration

JMO

Also you are right - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - about being extremely lovable, your a Slingshot guy :)

• What if I think he is a lousy person and an embarrassment to the office and I don't have a 401k? :D

What if Obama sucked and my those that did have 401k’s lost their asses due to his over reaching regulations and poor economic policy. OH - sorry I forgot the liberal song - it was Obama that created the best economy in history. Obama’s policies got me to where I can offer you this bridge I bought at a deeply discounted price ...cash only please .. :00008172:

One good thing about Trumps economy - Bill and Hillary know the libtards have jobs so they can pay $745 for tickets to see their new speaking tour .... GO ANTIFA !!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Eirc Holder rejects Michelle Obama's call for civility

"It is time for us, as Democrats, to be as tough as they are, to be as dedicated as they are, to be as committed as they are," Holder told a crowd of campaign volunteers and candidates. "Michelle always says -- I love her; she and my wife are like, really tight, which always scares me and Barack -- but Michelle always says, 'When they go low, we go high.' No. When they go low, we kick 'em."

Wow! "When they go low we kick them!" - - - - - wow!

First Hillary says no to civility and now another prominent Democrat does the same

As a Libertarian looking at the right and the left the right is looking allot better

from my centrist perspective its looks like right is becoming the side of the regular guy who drinks beer, farts and rides motorcycles and the left is becoming the party of the socially elite who think they know whats best for everyone else and now dont even want to have to be civil with those they deem as being below themselves

I will say one thing that is clear - the Democrat party that used to say it was the party of the people is long gone and no where to be found - - - Elvis has left the building !

• Holder, Harris, Clinton, Booker, Avanetti, Bernie, Pocahontas the Dem field for 2020. What a sad sack of candidates. If you think we are divided now just wait. There will be no center left at all. It is gonna be the Civil War all over again - your either a tree hugger, want big government, open borders, free college, healthcare, high taxes, abortion legal up to delivery OR you are a racist, hate women, want to starve babies, let people die for lack of healthcare, rip illegal aliens children away, only concerned about big business and Wall Street profits and knowingly want to put a rapist on the Supreme Court just to name a few things on both sides, @edwardaneal I would gladly join the libertarian party if there was anyone that was just left or right of center. Sadly, the battle lines are drawn with the middle is going to have to choose a side making us even further divided. As a pretty far right guy I would gladly move further toward the center......if the far left would.......from what I see it ain’t likely ;(

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• If you want to stay 'extremely lovable' you better be getting the 'Wolf Cub' a little Slingshot. About time we see him driving his own. Hope all is well with all the family.

The Pack has guaranteed my extremely lovable status almost a year ago EJ. ;)
    Sterling does have a year or so before he can reach the peddles. :D

• Yes he is keeping us very active @EjFord. I feel like I got a new gym membership where they slowly increase the weight and duration of my workouts, add new routines daily and will punish me if I let up at all before 9pm. I love it, though there are days I just want to take a nap after work, but my instructor refuses to allow that. :D