Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Years ago I worked with my ex. We worked together at the same job for 5 years until our marriage fell apart. as that time she decided she didnt want to work at the same place so she left and I continued at the same job. About 3 month after my ex stopped working there my employer called me in and gave me a raise, more than doubled my pay. When I asked what the reason was I was told that they knew that I needed more to live on now that I was living alone and paying for everything without having my ex's income. Basically, even though it probably was not being done intentionally (maybe it was) when it came time to think about giving raises my ex and I were considered almost as if we were one employee - the boss knew that together we were being paid more than enough to make ends meet so others making less or without a working spouse in my employers perspective needed to be paid more.

I went, after this, and spoke to my father about it. For all of my life my father had run a huge corporation with huge experience in running a business - experience that spanned the time from long before the NOW women's movement until late 1990's I asked him about husbands and wifes that work together and how in his experience this affected pay. He laughed he said from a work and pay point of view the worst thing that ever happened to mens pay was when women demanded the right to work especially when that woman wanted to work at the same employer as their husband - - he said business managers / owners always considered them as a unit - and would pass over the husband for a raise or give them a smaller raise to offset what they were giving the wife -He said if the wife wanted to work she should never work at the same job and the husband should never talk about his wife's work at his work and never tell his employer how much his wife makes

Up until the day he died in January 2014 he firmly believed that a smart employer should always consider need when giving raises and he also believed an employee with a working spouse clearly didnt need to make as much as a single parent or person supporting a spouse their kids

personally I think this is still very true today. It doesn't matter if you are a man or a woman - do not work at the same place your spouse works (unless you run the place or own it) and never talk with your employer about how much your spouse makes - - your boss may not even intend to to do it, but if they know your spouse makes good money that will always be in the back of their mind when the time comes to consider if they should give you more - - they just cant help knowing you have another household source of income and it will affect their thinking

if you have to talk about your spouses work or income always down play it - never talk it up

My father said this was one of the biggest factors in why people doing the exact same job did not get the exact same pay - - when it came time to hand out raises what these employees spouses made was always a factor that was considered. Couldnt give everyone a raise, not enough money, but thats okay "Bob's wife makes good money so he doesnt really need one and we all know that Mary's husband runs a company so she doesn't need one either"

like they say - life isnt fair

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited 2 times, last by Edward Neal ().

• Assuming Kavanaugh is confirmed this will pretty much cement the Trump legacy. They have always said that the most important and lasting thing a President can do is to appoint Justices and even if Trump were removed from office tomorrow Kavanaugh and Gorsuch will be around for a long time to come.

This makes me happy, but I would be even happier if Trump got to pick Ruth's replacement - - at 85 she is due :00008674:

• My God! - - there still is some decency in politics!

Murkowski - will change her vote from NO to "present" thus allowing Daines who would vote yes to not have to rush back from daughters wedding

If he were to return his yes vote would be offset by her no vote - by voting present it guarantees the same end result

now before we get too excited that there is some "niceness" still in politics remember she is a Republican - I can guarantee that no Democrat would have offered the same kindness - both parties suck, but these days the Democrats are the party of mean spirited politics - they would stab their mothers in the back to win

• It is done 50 - 48

Kavanaugh is a :00008674::00008674: Supreme Court Justice

• Assuming Kavanaugh is confirmed this will pretty much cement the Trump legacy. They have always said that the most important and lasting thing a President can do is to appoint Justices and even if Trump were removed from office tomorrow Kavanaugh and Gorsuch will be around for a long time to come.

This makes me happy, but I would be even happier if Trump got to pick Ruth's replacement - - at 85 she is due :00008674:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

I keep hearing the talking heads on a couple networks say there is no way conservatives can hold on to their increased enthusiasm until election day .....

Guess which states early voters received their ballots today .........

.... politician-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I have the very sad feeling that the left is going to be unable to let it go now that Kavanaguh has been confirmed and sworn in - its going to be like Hillary loosing all over again

seems that we now have a major political party that thinks the proper response is to throw a tantrum and to tell all their people to throw tantrums

I have already heard they are talking about impeaching Kavanaugh - - I guess thats the new reaction to loosing - - impeach

Sad

• I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Pelosi and Schumer back in power hangs in the balance - I’m dragging every conservative voter I can to the polls and I promise any liberal I run over on the way is an accident :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I think some Dems actually Looked DEEP into the depths of there little one way brains and said this is Rediculous with the way this was played out, going back and trying to find any DESPERATE details even if it meant High school/ college.....who's that Black judge that beat his wife and said Kav is bad?? Just saying....Don't throw stones.....It's funny how the Ones that have black clouds are the ones that cry somethings not right...This was the right vote and ANOTHER win for Trump :thumbsup:

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• the new tactics of the left

how any person can say with any pride "I am a member of the Democrat Party" when this is what the Democratic party has become is beyond me

Dont get me wrong - I have no problem with reasonable people who are on the left - but the Democrat party that actually has congress members promoting this kind of behavior is out of control - they are going to get someone killed. I mean it, if they dont stand up and publicly shame this kind of shit by their members THEY ARE GOING TO GET SOMEONE KILLED!!!

and they wont be able to blame guns or the NRA