Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• @Guardian_Angel, if you missed it, that was me actually treating you like I treat other guys in here. ;)

I do think some men need to grow a pair if that is the experience you are having. It is unfair and total b.s. I don't think you can blame #metoo, since that type of crap has been going on since way, way before #metoo.

• EXACTLY!!!! I’m glad we finally have a female voice. I definitely think that discrimination against females in the workplace is a much bigger problem than a drunk guy trying to steal an unwanted kiss or touching a woman inappropriately. I’m not saying that it’s right when a guy comes on too strong is right (nonconsensual sex under no circumstance) BUT - I don’t have facts to back it up but I would venture to say that WAY more women suffer from not having equal pay for equal work, bouncing their head on a glass ceiling, suggestion of sex for advancement than women suffer from a boob grab. Men been chasing women since the beginning of time and that ain’t stopping. In days past you just got the crap slapped outta ya if the man went to far, it worked and everybody moved on. Some men really are scumbags - Harvey Weinstein being one. I knew things were spinning out of control when one of his accusers said “he put his penis in my mouth and I just didn’t know what to do”. Are you shittin me ?? It is inconceivable to me that unless your batshit crazy - I just can’t see a guy puttin his junk in a place it could get bit off without some agreeable signs from the other participant. My point being is this is just another area where reason and common sense are abandoned for two emotions - anger & revenge. What you suffer at your workplace Is wrong and I could support a Me Too movement in the workplace. The other Me Too movement has just spun out of control where it is becoming a weapon for some vindictive women that can be worse than a .45. Some men AND some women both lie and that will never change either. Keep givin em hell at work @Guardian_Angel !!!! I’m with ya

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Just to jump away from this Kavanaugh thing for a few moments I would like to share this chart. As a life long republican turned Libertarian it shows the things from the Democratic party and the Republican party that I agree with and that I think make the Libertarian party a better fit for me - it also points out some things in the "disagree" side of the Republican party that I was uncomfortable with supporting. - I have found that on most issues I am in more agreement with the Libertarian party, that doesnt mean I will always vote for the Libertarian candidate - far from it, what it does mean is that I will look at all of the options and will then vote for the person who comes the closest to having their views fall where mine fall. I registered as a Libertarian and I support the party because I am in hopes that someday we will get away from the two party monopoly that currently exists and have a real viable option. Anyway please check out the chart. after that I will also post a link to the Libertarian Party platform - please read it. you might find that it is actually closer to what you believe then what either the Republicans or Democrats have to offer.

Libertarian Party Platform

The chart very much over simplifies - read the platform and feel free to ask me where I stand on any of these issues and why.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• Agree with you but long as we have Reps and Dems around there will never be enough $$$$ to get them elected - your just throwing your vote away. I’d be all for dissolving both parties and start over. Maybe we wouldn’t screw it up so bad again ;(

• Agree with you but long as we have Reps and Dems around there will never be enough $$$$ to get them elected - your just throwing your vote away. I’d be all for dissolving both parties and start over. Maybe we wouldn’t screw it up so bad again ;(

this is exactly how they keep control - they have you and almost everyone else believing they are the only options and it is this belief that that keeps it so - - a self fulfilling prophesy as the say

if we stop believing it and start to step away as I have and then we get people to follow it could be changed. sure its going to take time, but if we dont start then who will?

I did vote for Gary Johnson in the last presidential election and I guess you could say I threw my vote away, but living in California as I do any vote that wasn't a vote for Hillary was a vote that was thrown away

Should I have voted for Hillary just so that my vote counted? - - - I don't think so and personally I dont think my vote for Gary was wasted - I voted for the person I felt best represented what I wanted and as such I was true to me - - and frankly at this stage of my life I find that much more satisfying than simply voting for someone I didnt like just to have my vote count - - really what good is a vote that counts if it isnt for the best person?

and now I will answer with the exception :)

Now before you reply I want to make something clear. If I lived in a swing state my vote would have been different. If I had lived in a swing state I would have voted for Trump - not the best person for the job in my opinion, but a million times better than Hillary and if I had lived in a swing state I would have been forced to set aside my ideals for the good of the country

• I'd be for not having a political party and voting for the person that I think will do the best job. May the best man(or woman) win!

I agree, but I suspect it will never happen. the money requirements to run require backing that I suspect will always come in the form of parties that support the individuals. I hope that some day a third party can break the lock the D & R currently have - - I had hoped it might happen last presidential election. Gary Johnson never stood a chance at winning, but if he had received just 5% of the national vote he would have broken one of the big locks the Dems and Repubs have

If he had just gotten 5% of the vote that would have guaranteed the Libertarian Party equal access to putting their candidates on the ballots in all 50 states which is not guaranteed now and on top of that it would guarantee the Libertarian party a cut of the federal funding that is currently only given to the R & D parties

You see - the lock the 2 parties have is huge, but it is not as unbreakable as they would like you to think - - if in a presidential election a third party candidate can get just 5% of the national vote it breaks open the door

this is another reason why I dont think I threw away my vote by voting for Gary Johnson - - if I helped at all in getting him closer to that 5% it was worth the try

want to break the 2 party system - - then help someone in a third party get that 5% - it is the first step that will put the foot in the door to open things up for the future

• Saying throwing your vote away a bit harsh. What I was trying to say (not that it’s right) it takes BIG money to run a campaign and all that money is going to our two party system. I’m all for tearing that apart and everyone just support who they would think could do the best job but just don’t see how that’s possible. Ain’t it a shame ya gotta pick the best of two evils instead of two great candidates that you have a hard time choosing because of their merits. Anyway - welcome Supreme Cort Justice Brett Kavanaugh!! Time to move on to the next fight ;(

• I would love to see it happen - after Trump - he has done more for this country in 2 years than anyone in the last 50 years IMO. Everytime I look at my investment portfolio from the Obama years opposed to the Trump years I know for sure at least the Dem Party has to go :00008172:

• Saying throwing your vote away a bit harsh. What I was trying to say (not that it’s right) it takes BIG money to run a campaign and all that money is going to our two party system. I’m all for tearing that apart and everyone just support who they would think could do the best job but just don’t see how that’s possible. Ain’t it a shame ya gotta pick the best of two evils instead of two great candidates that you have a hard time choosing because of their merits. Anyway - welcome Supreme Cort Justice Brett Kavanaugh!! Time to move on to the next fight ;(

did you know that if Gary Johnson had received 5% or more of the national vote he would have broken one of the big locks? - it doesnt take a huge amount to start the change - 5%
    %% of the vote by a third party opens the door to guaranteed assess to all 50 state ballots and 5% opens the dooe to federal funding that is now reserved to the D's & R's only

I guess I am just fed up - 64 years old and all of my voting life I have been working within their system and hoping things would change - - well they have changed, they have gotten worse and its has become almost impossible to tell which side anyone is on - yea they talk up a good game, but when they get up there its like they all take their little blue pill and get wired into the matrix

I am sick of it and I am not going to play their BS game anymore, I am not going to help them keep us divided and I am going to do my best to try to get someone to that magic 5% and start bringing down this damn house of cards they have built

• @edwardaneal that is why I love Trump - he is not polished but he has tried his best to deliver on his campaign promises. What more can you ask from a politician no matter what party they represent?

I do like Trump I especially like him because he pisses off so many people on both sides

I also dont think he is a real republican on fiscal issues no doubt, but on social not so much

The one thing that sucks is that I think having to keep enough of the republican base happy has him not being really true to himself - - - I think things are really going to get fun if he wins a second term and no longer has any restraints to worry about - :00008172:

• I do like Trump I especially like him because he pisses off so many people on both sides
    I also dont think he is a real republican on fiscal issues no doubt, but on social not so much

The one thing that sucks is that I think having to keep enough of the republican base happy has him not being really true to himself - - - I think things are really going to get fun if he wins a second term and no longer has any restraints to worry about - :00008172:

I agree - with the Dems and far left going crazy now ——— if Trump wins a second term

• Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

• Personally I think we deserve better than a bunch of third rate drama queens running around DC acting like a bunch of Bozo the clowns. Their all an embarrassment to America and the American people.

Hopefully she doesn't get shanked on the way to the stage ....

Senators needing to hide away in hotels with private security before the vote rather than their homes is ludicrous ....
    The number of serious threats flying around needs to be made public ....

It's not over 'till its over but the VP is on the hill and Rep. Gianforte's jet is on stand by with a flight plan filed if the vote needs to be held over and Senator Daines is needed tonight.

...... ninja-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().

• @WOLF, @Bill Martin,

It's not about workplace inequality... it's about women who intentionally or unintentionally continue to set a different set of standards used to measure a womans contribution. In the workplace is where those standards affect ME. I truly cannot blame the men at work for not wanting to work closely with a vagina.
    I will continue (and fail) to try and have my coworkers view me as a coworker.... not otherwise specified.

How many women have YOU MEN worked with that you felt you had to tone down your language? How many women at your workplace dont want to get dirty, greasy, or say "thats too heavy, can you lift that for me?" Or miss work.. cause they had terrible menstrual cramps... This is what I call pulling the "I am a woman" card...
    We women need to SUCK IT UP AND SHUT UP. Equal pay mens equal work. If you cannot perform equal work..... you have no right to equal pay!

All of this, along with the threat of being accused of sexual harassment keeps women in the job place being in the proverbial "kitchen" jobs.

My employer did reward my hard work eventually, from a grade 5 pay to a grade 3 pay in quality department. Hard work pays off if you just bear down and do it.

It's a top notch kitchen btw.... :thumbup:

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)