Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• what can they do to someone like you or me? - - is this going to become the new standard to go after someone for sexual assault in this new me too era?

Happens all the time, it's not new. All someone needs to do is accuse you of a crime and it's your job to prove your innocent. Today cops will charge someone with a crime before all the facts are in. At that time, it's too late, your name is in the mud with the community. Facts do not need to be rock solid, most of the time it's the opinion of the officer, if he or she believes a crime has been committed. Opinions change from person to person. A lot of it is how that person grew up and what life experiences they have. There is no magical devise that that takes human error out of the equation. If the cop has a good record and their integrity is solid, it doesn't take much for a conviction. I'm I wrong @Bill Martin? Isn't it what a reasonable person would think or do? Yes, certain elements of a crime need to be there, but with today's society, those are easy to cover. There's no such thing as " just the facts ma'am,.. only the facts" anymore. Stay safe

• Ok I guess I have to chime in now also. My wife and watched all the the testimony from both of them and then all the crap the 2nd day. My biggest issue is that there are too many things she doesn't remember. I'm an ex-cop, talked to quit a few sexual assault victims, I personally know 2 women who were raped over 20 years ago. One thing consistant with all the women is that they remember every single detail about when it happened, where it happened, the smells in the air, the pattern of wallpaper, how they got there and what happened afterwards and much more. Also if and when they sa the attacker they typically would get scared or cry or worse. They never would just walk up and say hi to them 6 weeks later at work.

• Happens all the time, it's not new. All someone needs to do is accuse you of a crime and it's your job to prove your innocent. Today cops will charge someone with a crime before all the facts are in. At that time, it's too late, your name is in the mud with the community. Facts do not need to be rock solid, most of the time it's the opinion of the officer, if he or she believes a crime has been committed. Opinions change from person to person. A lot of it is how that person grew up and what life experiences they have. There is no magical devise that that takes human error out of the equation. If the cop has a good record and their integrity is solid, it doesn't take much for a conviction. I'm I wrong @Bill Martin? Isn't it what a reasonable person would think or do? Yes, certain elements of a crime need to be there, but with today's society, those are easy to cover. There's no such thing as " just the facts ma'am,.. only the facts" anymore. Stay safe

EXACTLY - the reason the most wonderful things on earth were invented........ LAWYERS :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I understand that people can be falsely accused and shouldn't be condemned because of allegations. I also understand that the "nicest, most honorable and most outwardly honest family man can be a piece of shit.

A buddy and I were talking about gun shows we liked. Which for me, my favorite was "Sons of Guns". I thought Will Hayden was the greatest guy. Carried himself well, spoke strongly of family and seemed to be a great role model. It saddened me greatly when it was discovered he was raping his young daughter constantly. That is why you won't hear me defending a guy because he appears to be a saint. I Damn sure won't disparage a woman because she told her story.

• I understand that people can be falsely accused and shouldn't be condemned because of allegations. I also understand that the "nicest, most honorable and most outwardly honest family man can be a piece of shit.

A buddy and I were talking about gun shows we liked. Which for me, my favorite was "Sons of Guns". I thought Will Hayden was the greatest guy. Carried himself well, spoke strongly of family and seemed to be a great role model. It saddened me greatly when it was discovered he was raping his young daughter constantly. That is why you won't hear me defending a guy because he appears to be a saint. I Damn sure won't disparage a woman because she told her story.

at this point though we have zero evidence either way yet even if there never is any it will still hang over him. Trust me, if he did this I want him out, but It scares me what can be done to a man with nothing more than an accusation - Remember the Duke lacrosse case? three young men whos lives were turned upside down, a coach forced to resign and a teams entire season canceled all because one woman lied about a sexual assault that never happened. - - - personally I dont think a persons life should be turned upside down or their job lost unless there is real provable evidence. If that is found in this case then Kavanaugh should be dumped - lets move on to someone better. But if there is no hard evidence then lets have a confirmation vote based on what we do know are facts

Duke Lacrosse Case

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• If men and women are equal why should we believe a woman over a man, because of her gender?

We shouldn't believe one over the other until all the evidence is in. We should observe without judgement toward either side. That isn't happening though, people seem to have dug their heels in to defend one side or the other with out enough evidence to make a call for either side.

• We shouldn't believe one over the other until all the evidence is in. We should observe without judgement toward either side. That isn't happening though, people seem to have dug their heels in to defend one side or the other with out enough evidence to make a call for either side.

You highlight a real issue in this matter. What do we count as evidence? With no physical evidence we are left with witness testimony as the only evidence. If a majority of the witnesses do not support her claim is that enough evidence to refute it?

• You highlight a real issue in this matter. What do we count as evidence? With no physical evidence we are left with witness testimony as the only evidence. If a majority of the witnesses do not support her claim is that enough evidence to refute it?

If her claims are true, sadly yes that is enough to refute it. People shouldn't say it's impossible to gather good evidence after so long. Cold cases do get solved sometimes. I think people should withhold judgement until the FBI concludes their inquiry. Nobody knows for sure what they will find that could help either sides story.

• Based on that as a qualifier to see if anyone is honest, I guess the majority of the male population are liars. I'm sure when asked as school boys if they have ever pleasured themselves, they'd all deny it. Come to think of it, it surprise me to this day that I was successful in spite of my being a liar back then. :saint::saint::saint:

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I guess I'm different @funinthesun. Heck, I told the Army I smoked weed before, drank on occasion as a minor... ;)

They didn't ask the pleasure yourself question, but doesn't that fall under "common knowledge"?

but did you ever give a girl an unwanted kiss

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• If her claims are true, sadly yes that is enough to refute it. People shouldn't say it's impossible to gather good evidence after so long. Cold cases do get solved sometimes. I think people should withhold judgement until the FBI concludes their inquiry. Nobody knows for sure what they will find that could help either sides story.

One of the issues here is that it isn't a cold case. If a case was started back then you could look for more evidence to bolster the case. Her statement now would carry more weight.

• but did you ever give a girl an unwanted kiss

No, never. I was quite shy growing up. I was raised Mormon. I was a virgin until I was 19 at Jump school at Fort Benning GA. She drove to, picked out and paid for the motel room. I was always an extremely slow initiator. All my initial advances were frustratingly slow for most girls/women. My foreplay would leave me blueballed several times in as many hours before actually connecting. My first three, more or less took me, they were the aggressive ones. I married my 4th and last. I may be different from most. ;)