Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• I learned so much from watching Judge Kavanaugh yesterday. That is a man to be admired. The level of adversity that he and his family had to go through is incredible yet he did not point fingers. His testimony was filled with emotion, that is for sure. However, he stayed on point and true to his words. Sometimes I deal with customers with unrealistic expectations, I have been known to loose my patience at times. After watching future Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh deal with what he dealt with yesterday and over the past few days, I will take something positive from that. The man had a level of patience that some of us could only dream of having. I was in a room full of people watching and I told them all to think about the last time they lost their temper and why. There was allot of lessons to be learned from this. Too many to post on here. The most important lessons I learned is patience and composer! :thumbup:

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• Flake was reported as a "yes" vote for Kavenaugh. Then this guy (I didn't catch his name) spoke on the matter as I would have, level headed And non-partisan. And Flake got up and walked over to him. Reading Flake's lips it looked like, "come on" as Flake motioned him to follow. Could just be a lunch between two friends, we'll see.

• If you heard the guy Flake is talking to speak and you're a fair minded person, you would come away as Flake did, knowing that one week is not unreasonable and will clear the air and possibly Kavanaughs good name and most importantly help all Americans keep some faith in the system. That it isn't always partisan. That some politicians can still be open minded, fair individuals.

I had a feeling that was a pivotal moment for Flake. I also applaud him and feel one week is not unreasonable. I also applaud the other man in the photo for stating a good, rational case and not being petty, belittling, offensive or otherwise partisan during his argument.

• Someone please help me. If all of this is just to delay things in the hopes that the democrats can gain power wouldn't they have to push it out all the way until next January? Yes the election is in November, but newly elected Senators and Congress men dont officially take office until Jan 3.

Seriously, unless they actually come up with real evidence against this guy how do they delay even close to that long?

Personally I would love it if the FBI looks into this and finds zero, zip, nada - it would really make the Democrats look silly and it would clear his name - and if by some chance they actually find hard evidence and this guy is truly guilty - well in that case I personally dont want him as a Judge - do you?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Someone please help me. If all of this is just to delay things in the hopes that the democrats can gain power wouldn't they have to push it out all the way until next January? Yes the election is in November, but newly elected Senators and Congress men dont officially take office until Jan 3.

Seriously, unless they actually come up with real evidence against this guy how do they delay even close to that long?

Personally I would love it if the FBI looks into this and finds zero, zip, nada - it would really make the Democrats look silly and it would clear his name - and if by some chance they actually find hard evidence and this guy is truly guilty - well in that case I personally dont want him as a Judge - do you?

The Dems would be very happy to not have a new Justice until after 2020 election in hopes their pic for President will nominate a liberal candidate for the Supreme Court. They feel their power slipping away and they are in a panic. I have to say I wear my “Make America a Shithole - Vote Democrat” hat a lot and it amazes me how many folks come up telling me they love the hat. There is a LOT of us out here that despise how far left the Dems are moving. Only way we can stop em is at the polls. If you never vote again make sure vote in the mid terms along with everybody else you coax to vote Republican.

PS. @WOLF What if “Spartacus” is the Dem nominee for President what ya gonna do ?? Help me campaign for Trump :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• The Dems would be very happy to not have a new Justice until after 2020 election in hopes their pic for President will nominate a liberal candidate for the Supreme Court. They feel their power slipping away and they are in a panic. I have to say I wear my “Make America a Shithole - Vote Democrat” hat a lot and it amazes me how many folks come up telling me they love the hat. There is a LOT of us out here that despise how far left the Dems are moving. Only way we can stop em is at the polls. If you never vote again make sure vote in the mid terms along with everybody else you coax to vote Republican.
    PS. @WOLF What if “Spartacus” is the Dem nominee for President what ya gonna do ?? Help me campaign for Trump :00008172:

I have had my hat on for the last two days. It is getting regular use.

• The Dems would be very happy to not have a new Justice until after 2020 election in hopes their pic for President will nominate a liberal candidate for the Supreme Court. They feel their power slipping away and they are in a panic. I have to say I wear my “Make America a Shithole - Vote Democrat” hat a lot and it amazes me how many folks come up telling me they love the hat. There is a LOT of us out here that despise how far left the Dems are moving. Only way we can stop em is at the polls. If you never vote again make sure vote in the mid terms along with everybody else you coax to vote Republican.

What would make them happy and what they can actually pull off are two very different things - if this guy is truly innocent they dont have a chance - and if he is not - - - well then do we even want him?

I have been watching this crap, and I think this girl is wrong, either intentionally or not it does not matter. And if she is wrong then we shouldn't have to worry. Without proving it I dont see how it could possibly drag out past January

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• 2020 is a long way off to worry about now @Bill Martin. Like most politicians, "Spartacus" has took stands I like and stands I don't like. I would hope there was a good third party candidate in that case though. If "Pocahontas" ran, I would vote for her. With out further research, I would vote for that guy who spoke so well today or Flake if either of them run. However, I always do research, so who knows.

• ok kids here's a different take on what Flake did.
    1. A deadline for the vote (up to 1 week for the FBI to investigate. No more delays.
    2. If the only witnesses to the assault are Kavenaugh, Judge and the victim, according to the victim. They have three interviews to do. The victim is locked in by testimony, Kavenaugh is locked in by testimony and Judge has given a written statement. If any one changes their story they commit a crime. No scene to process as the location is unknown. No physical evidence to process (No waiting for lab results). Nothing changes except no more crying that the FBI didn't investigate.
    3. The investigation helps remove any cloud over Kavenaughs head.
    4. It makes him look better for future political endeavor.
    5. It actually pulls the rug out from under the Dems. I know he hates Trump but he doesn't hate Kavenaugh.

BTW the other allegations will fall apart quickly if they get looked at.

• The date of incident can be narrowed down and compared to Kavenaughs calendar. "Under penalty of law", "I don't remember that happening" can become "it never happened, I'm sure of it now" or "we did that".

However, I think that if Kavenaugh doesn't withdraw with an, "I don't want my friends subjected to more harassment" claim he is innocent of the charges.

There is no statute of limitations on that type of crime where it happened, according to several people on the committee. An innocent man will know he is clear. A guilty man will fear further legal issues and know there won't be an investigation of he steps down.

• If you heard the guy Flake is talking to speak and you're a fair minded person, you would come away as Flake did, knowing that one week is not unreasonable and will clear the air and possibly Kavanaughs good name and most importantly help all Americans keep some faith in the system. That it isn't always partisan. That some politicians can still be open minded, fair individuals.

I had a feeling that was a pivotal moment for Flake. I also applaud him and feel one week is not unreasonable. I also applaud the other man in the photo for stating a good, rational case and not being petty, belittling, offensive or otherwise partisan during his argument.

Yea, right. ONE WEEK MAX? How soon they forget that it took Doctor Ford 10 days to finally appear before the committee and she WANTED to get her story out. How do you expect the FBI is going to have three named "witnesses" get prepared by their attorneys to go over their testimony so they don't misspeak and find themselves looking at 5 years in prison for not saying the right thing? They have no memory of what happened one non disclosed summer day, at one unknown house, by one unknown person who doesn't remember how she got there, where it was that she arrived at, nor how she got home. Oh and in case you missed it, it happened almost 40 years ago. The only thing missing in this sick story are the words, "ONCE UPON A TIME"

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE