Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• This tax bill is great for Amazon, Apple, Caterpillar and Saks... it may not help enough for the small business owners of America, we will see....
    Whatever happen to True Tax Reform that he and others spoke of and talked about. I can't wait to read these 513 pages... after HOUSE AND SENATE Collaborate.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• Yes, it’s great to see the stock market GO to the moon… but what goes up tends to fall down faster than it went up. Collectively, 4 in 10 Americans, about 43 percent, own stocks – now that other 51 + percent are looking for a "win" in lower taxes, and better paying jobs/higher raises…. Not happening yet!

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,

• If the "tax cut" only marginally helps individuals, but spurs huge business growth- we all win. When the economy is flying, and more & more people have decent paying jobs, violence and crime will be reduced to the incorrigible scum-bags and druggies. Maybe then, our LEO can spend more time concentrating on them, instead of babysitting all the "peaceful" liberal protests.

• Matt,

I cannot wait to see how the elderly wins when the HOUSE, SENATE pushes the plan to cut Social Security and Medicare next year. I can hear the sweet words now ; "Sorry, but this country has to pay for that GREAT Tax Cut we gave the big Corporations."

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,

• I doubt it Bill... we would ALL have been better off if we had two viable candidates and not had to think we had to choose between the lesser of two evils... :D

:evil::thumbsup::evil:

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,

• EH !! You guys are probably right - we would have been so much better off if this had won

<X:00008172:

Bill ... I just noticed how that picture kind of sums up my signature block below....

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,

• What are corporations more likely to do with more income?

A: create more jobs
    B: give their CEO's more money
    C: buy more automated machines and eliminate jobs.
    D: none of the above
    E: all of the above
    F: some of the above

It's nice that the corporate and wealthy tax breaks have no end date while the under $250k breaks end in 3 years. Who might be in charge in 3 years? Who will get blamed for the apperant tax hike in 3 years?

Why don't they overhaul tax codes without giving tax breaks to anybody? We do have a deficit to pay off.

Why is oil drilling in Alaska part of a tax bill?

If a patient comes in with a heart murmur and the doctor says "he's dying", then the doctor starts lopping off limbs all the while professing, "trust me, he's dying", was he really going to die or would meds have saved him?

?(

• I know Gary Cohn (Eco. advisor for Trump) - smart guy.... but this was not what he expected when the moderator asked the question; How many of you CEO's plan to re-invest the money from the tax cuts"....and no hands went up. That tells the story. I think Companies need a Tax break... BUT this seems like a huge break for corporations and not enough for smaller businesses.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,

• SOOOO - from you guys perspective - the economy was booming under Obama - companies moving trillions of dollars overseas to avoid the obsessive corpoate tax was great - Obamacare was workin like a well oiled machine making healthcare more “affordable” -we were winning the war on terror unable to even call the enemy by its name - and it was OK the country was moving so far to the left even middle of the road ideology was fed up?? @Maverick5990 - how is that for a redirect?? :00008235:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Bill you like calling Hillary the only other option. I say the republicans screwed the pooch on our choices. Democrats offered Hillary or Bernie. The republicans had a much broader field with better options. I voted for Kasich in the primaries. I did my part. Heck, in the main event I voted for a Republican(McMullin). Then Trump was on the news 3 days later telling people If they are in one of six states they can change their vote. I never heard of such a thing, but Michigan was one of the state's mentioned. So, as a F-you to Trump and everything he stands for I voted for Hillary.

As for better or worse under Obama, I know we were respected and admired more by the rest of the world under Obama. The ACA was/is flawed. When Dems tried to make corrections Republicans blocked them(so that a Democrat plan fails). For something that was so broken, it sure is taking a lot of effort to kill it. ?(

• SOOOO - from you guys perspective - the economy was booming under Obama - companies moving trillions of dollars overseas to avoid the obsessive corpoate tax was great - Obamacare was workin like a well oiled machine making healthcare more “affordable” -we were winning the war on terror unable to even call the enemy by its name - and it was OK the country was moving so far to the left even middle of the road ideology was fed up?? @Maverick5990 - how is that for a redirect?? :00008235:

SOOO, let's wait and see what this bill really contains. I'm betting big business and the big campaign donors are the only ones who come out as winners (career politicians have to take care of the contributions). Once again the top will get the biggest benefit while the lowly middle class takes the hit again. So big business gets a tax break, let's see how quick they drop prices! When you step in crap, it still smells like crap no matter what perfume you are wearing. TERM LIMITS NOW!

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• This is just an overall look from my DIRECT perspective.

Under Obama; No the economy was not booming... that said the country has came back from 9.7% unemployment rate in 2010 after the banks crashed, jobs lost and closing of business as well as foreclosures skyrocketing. Does anyone remember that? I do... because I lost my shirt in every aspect... two homes, small business etc. gone. By 2014 the stock market had turned around and by 2016 unemployment was at 4.7%.... Now do I give Obama all the credit.. NOPE not at all - but the path was set for recovery and the market had done good. Now today, yes the market is doing VERY WELL, I have no problem admitting that the market likes Trump better. But the fact is that market and the economy was already headed up. Unemployment was already lower... with TRUMP the market and economy went up FASTER. But caution follows... what goes up, comes down quicker (TO BIG TO FAIL) lets not have short turn memory of a booming housing market that burst.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,