Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• What is up with this group and Butts? Is this a redirect for factual arguments or do you just like butts? LOL Personally, I'm as ass man, but it's a bit weird here... kind of... maybe I like it... haven't made my mind up yet.

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• What?? Ummmm???

Isn't Hillary one large ass that sucks the life forces of all those around her. I mean she feeds.

Ok. That is my response to the butt thing cause I have nothing. It is the meds your honor

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• True That. Depends on the impeachment and how bad the situation is. I was never a "never Trump" as for a while I would have voted for him, but then the wackadoodle started coming out more and more and the ego and outlandish lies and total fabrications... he lost me. I'm NOT saying the other side didn't have them, what I'm saying is he took it to a new level. If they impeach and remove from office, that is much more severe than what Bill Clinton had happen. Will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.

Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• For the Dems, libs, left, it wouldn't be smart to impeach Trump. Trump is the gift that keeps on giving and is single handidly helping make conservative views and positions a liability. If the Dems are smart about this, they enter the next several election cycles as heavy favorites.

For the Repubs, Trump has done severe damage to the party. The Repub leadership has a very difficult decision. Do they continue to back Trump in the next election (with a loss as an almost certainty) or disavow him and go another direction.

The Republican controlled Congress and leadership is immensely disappointing at this point. Trump has neutered and browbeaten them to a position of weakness.

Hard to see a path out of this continuingly shrinking corner Trump has boxed us into.

• Did you listen to Perez Saturday and see what he did to quietly and summarily kick all of the Bernie supporters and lifers out of DNC committee positions .... with he and Ellison at the helm and the old guard still clutching and clawing to stay relevant they don't have the time or leadership to overcome if the economic trend continues ...... even if the Republicans crap all over themselves ....

......... wink-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited 2 times, last by Orangeman ().

• In 3 years if economy is still booming, ISIS eradicated, borders secure, we are paying less taxes, infrastructure is improving, military strong again, Iran and North Korea put in check, foreign trade put back on a level playing field the same people that put him in office and then some will give him 4 more years. People are getting to where they are so disgusted with Rep/Dem bickering who the hell cares. Never know - Mark Cuban may emerge as a leading runner in 2020 - maybe career politicians as President are over - don’t think that is a bad thing !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• In 3 years if economy is still booming, ISIS eradicated, borders secure, we are paying less taxes, infrastructure is improving, military strong again, Iran and North Korea put in check, foreign trade put back on a level playing field the same people that put him in office and then some will give him 4 more years. People are getting to where they are so disgusted with Rep/Dem bickering who the hell cares. Never know - Mark Cuban may emerge as a leading runner in 2020 - maybe career politicians as President are over - don’t think that is a bad thing !!

Yes, but can he bring back penny candy?

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• First off, if anyone truly believes that ISIS can be eradicated, I'd like some of what you are smoking. If it's not ISIS, it will be another group just as militant. The world has to stand up together and say enough and there needs not be countries that these groups are protected in. Second,the country was in the toilet when Obama got it after 2 terms under Republican rule, a war we really shouldn't have been in (Iraq), and the debt it caused. I said it before, we needed to go after bin Laden, but going into Iraq was just stupid. I'll reserve judgement on Obama in another 10 years, so not sure on that one as I know they used history to try and get us out of the mess we were in and history dictated spending the money they did, but on the flip side, it was implemented wrong. Both parties are having significant issues and I think both for similar reasons. The Republican party started going down hill way before Trump. I believe where is started going down hill faster was the ideal of the Tea Party movement. The thing was, I really liked the Tea Party at first as the overall idea was great, but then it went WAY right and a lot of it's members ended up being crack pots. Same in the Dems where the left started becoming even more left. This is the reason for the polar issues being so severe in this country right now as we have less and less of a middle. We need more middle and we need to start ruling with common sense.

• Well, and the problem is, the middle is going and so is the middle class. Put yourself in the shoes of say someone that is less entitled than we are (I'm making a VERY large assumption, but based on the fact that someone in poverty isn't going out and buying Sling Shots)... If you are making $10 an hour and trying to feed a family, would you be for social programs? My answer is the more the better and I'd try to take advantage of all that I could with my own struggle to get out of that situation. Do we help them out or not? I'm not sure there is an easy answer to that and there does need to be enough people to pull that wagon. Medical and the ACA is a huge issue for this country as all our current government wants to do is exacerbate the issues and not fix the issues... all while the US is ranked #37th in the world for it's medical system. It's really NOT a hard problem to fix, but as long as congress is taking bribes from special interest groups, we'll never fix it.

• Well, and the problem is, the middle is going and so is the middle class. Put yourself in the shoes of say someone that is less entitled than we are (I'm making a VERY large assumption, but based on the fact that someone in poverty isn't going out and buying Sling Shots)... If you are making $10 an hour and trying to feed a family, would you be for social programs? My answer is the more the better and I'd try to take advantage of all that I could with my own struggle to get out of that situation. Do we help them out or not? I'm not sure there is an easy answer to that and there does need to be enough people to pull that wagon. Medical and the ACA is a huge issue for this country as all our current government wants to do is exacerbate the issues and not fix the issues... all while the US is ranked #37th in the world for it's medical system. It's really NOT a hard problem to fix, but as long as congress is taking bribes from special interest groups, we'll never fix it.

To use your own words I’m gonna assume that if a person made the right choices in life they would NOT be making $10 hr trying to feed a family. Just exactly what social program are you for?? If you dropped out of school, started having babies and are just plain lazy should we taxpayers support their bad decisions the rest of their life? Social program you say?? I got one - no more welfare laying on your ass drawing a check - we will pay you if you can’t get a job elsewhere but you are gonna put in at least 30 hours a week working for either local, state, or federal governments. The other 10 in schooling or actively looking for a better paying private sector job. That is a whole lot less than many of us do or did to make the money to pay the taxes that support them. Democrats always want to “help” people off the backs of the hard working. Same with Obamacare - I’m pretty sure everybody here pays huge premiums and deductibles because we were successful so Obama can say “more people insured than ever before”. Things don’t change - just like Hillary wanted “from the cradle to the grave” for generational Democratic vote! @SaltyClownNY - you said common sense - please dispute what I have said as not “common sense” Sir

• @Bill Martin, I can not dispute anything you are saying. 100% accurate.

I do support getting rid of medical insurance companies and putting everyone on a single payer health insurance to cover basic needs and then having the option to purchase additional insurance over and above that for getting even better insurance. In my opinion and after looking at how other countries do it that are ranked higher than ours, it just makes sense to do that. Hell, NY state was pushing forward in the last year looking at the fact that if you ensured everyone, the amount the state was going to save in just billing would just about pay for the program. I don't know enough about all the details in that, so I'll stop at what they were looking at, but what I do know is that the hospitals charge 100X more for everything as the insurance companies give them pennies on the dollar (figuratively speaking) and the people who pay the price of that is the uninsured as they are paying the 100X more price instead of something realistic. The entire medical issue in this country is a cluster... I also can't disagree at the moment with a flat tax and just charge everyone the same rate. Some may say the's a liberal view of things... maybe... I call it common sense. Everyone pays the same amount. What's not fare about that? Maybe I'm looking at it incorrect, but many would call these social programs. I am NOT for the items you spoke of nor encouraging their usage or expanding on them. Medical shouldn't be made an issue though and everyone should have the basics. Helping people between jobs... there is a place for that. Hopefully people plan for things. Social security is a must too. It's like a forced 401K.

• Agree with you also - don’t know if single payer is the answer but the medical field needs to be reformed from the ground up. For instance we price compare on just about everything in our day to day lives. Why is it, one of the most important and personal issues, such as our health, you can’t call the hospital and get a price on say a tonsillectomy?? The collusion between hospitals and insurance companies IMO borders on criminal. Why is there a difference in price that you as a private citizen have to pay as opposed to the lesser amount the insurance company pays? We have the best healthcare in the world no matter how we are ranked - our problem is the almighty dollar drives our healthcare system by people that put profit before health. Just can’t see how single payer would float and lead to better healthcare!