Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Not sure which college it was but saw a news feed that "students of color". That was what their shirts said, were protesting a test they had to take. They stated that with all the racial and other stuff (their words) going on the prof should have given them a take home essay that had a 3 day window to deliver. His request that they take a test during these times was way, way to much to ask.

Their next stop was the dean of students.

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• Trump signs executive order allowing health insurance companies across state lines. Whether you are in Trump’s corner or not you gotta give him props for that. Been talk of it for years but never happened. Promoting the free market has to help reduce medical insurance quagmire and best of all it cost us the stroke of a pen !!! Obama - take YOUR pen and shove it up your ..... !!! :D

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Just saw this morning that the Boy Scouts will now start to accept girls due to falling memberships in recent years. I guess I am officially reached “curmudgeon” status. It seems that all the values, beliefs and views are all outdated and day by day I see them summarily discarded. It appears I erroneously blamed Obama for the country’s ever flowing tide to the left. Thought it would be curbed somewhat with the election of Trump - which it has on some major issues. It is the small issues that you see daily below the radar of the national news is what is disturbing. Seems like life was so much simpler in my youth. Patriotism was taught in school as we all stood by our desks pledging allegiance to the flag. We ate what the school served without the input from the food police. There was no question about what bathroom we were supposed to go to. Girl Scouts held their own meetings and sold great cookies. The boys had their own learning how to camp. Gun safety was taught by our grandfathers and they were not vilified for doing so. Men and women could work together and you did not have to worry about a sexual harassment case just because your off color joke was overheard (that is NOT sexual harassment). Police have difficult jobs (some bad apples as in any profession) and were appreciated - respected. When you heard news reports from Walter Cronkite, Chet Huntley and David Brinkley you didn’t have to fact check it or worry about left or right bias. People were proud of their country and its rich heritage and not wanting to rewrite anything they did not like or agree with. I could go on and on but it looks like our country has set sail far away from the course of yesteryear. I am sure the “enlightened” younger generation would say it is long overdue. I don’t think so !! A final thought - how many of you had a grandparent or parent tell you “We’re going to hell in a handcart”. Could you imagine if those that are gone could be brought back what they would say?? I’d imagine many would say “What the hell have y’all done”!! At least I could tell my Dad “I’m as grumpy as you were about it”

Did you see the 'story' where the Girl Scout are NOT liking this???

• Did you see the 'story' where the Girl Scout are NOT liking this???

Yep - they feel slighted cause Boy Scout memberships have declined in past years and are doing this only to prop up membership. Nobody is happy over nuthin anymore :(

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Just saw this morning that the Boy Scouts will now start to accept girls

OK, I'll try to get on topic here.

This is yet another example of today's youth needing everything handed to them or they just can't get it done. When I was a scout, we had to figure out how to sneak out of the boy's camp AND how to sneak into the girl's camp if we wanted to go teepee creepin'. Now I guess you'll just roll over and slip on your scout issued condom. They are issuing condoms, right? I mean, the boy scout motto is 'Be Prepared'. The new boy/girl scout motto should be 'Be Prapared/Stay Protected'.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Just to be fair here. They Boy Scouts have stated that there will not be combined troops. There will boy boy scout troops and there will be girl boy scout troops and they will not be camping at the same time.

all I see here is the Boy Scouts taking the Girl scouts and adding them into the fold without mixing the two.

cookie sales should go through the roof..

• Just to be fair here. They Boy Scouts have stated that there will not be combined troops. There will boy boy scout troops and there will be girl boy scout troops and they will not be camping at the same time.

all I see here is the Boy Scouts taking the Girl scouts and adding them into the fold without mixing the two.

cookie sales should go through the roof..

Adding them to the "fold", why not the flap? Since when did girls become boys? Oh yeah the age of the snowflakes. God bless America.

RNJ12

• Or as they have been previously known: girl scouts. I don't get it. Are you a girl girl scout or a girl boy scout? Where are the boy girl scouts? Let's not leave anyone out here. Sheeesh!

What about the confused boy or confused girl scout. Hell let's go a step farther and say transsexual scout.

RNJ12

• Again let's not dive down into the deeper politics of this.

I truly believe this is done not out of diversity or recognition of gender etc. this is for the money and not well thought out.

• I want Victoria Secret to sell mens underwear....No sexism/ racism...if girls can join Boy scouts I want mens panties @ VS (not that I would wear a thong, but it's the point).... :whistling::00008356:

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• I have been involved in Scouting for 12 years. My son earned his Eagle.

Just a few years ago the Scouts started to accept openly gay kids. People thought it would be the end of Scouting, that churches would no longer sponsor troops, etc etc. But it didn't happen and they have moved on.

I am sure they will put some very serious thought into this structure and implement very rigorous policies.

In our Troop, we had several sisters of Scouts at out meetings and camp outs. We always included them in the activities if they were interested and never did we have any issues.

It's a BIG change no doubt. But I see this change as being in line with many of the other openness and inclusiveness goals in the NCAA, at our offices, the military, etc.

If organizations don't try to adapt, change, grow, morph then they could very well find themselves extinct.

• Why are we not asking the bigger questions here? Why did Truth have its pants off to begin with? What is it that Truth isn’t telling us? We demand answers!

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app