Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• When I referenced Spineless B'tches, I was referring to those that leave rather that stand in the way of somebody they view as bad for the country. If "new guys" are leaving because it is not what they expected and they don't like the "tow the party line" pressure. They to are spineless and any voting we do to "drain the swamp" will be negated. If the good, new people leave and the new people willing to tow the party line stay. How do we ever get ahead.

Those with new ideas, methods and outlooks should stay rather than leave. Eventually they would be the majority as the old gaurd is voted out. If the good ones continue to bail rather than stand for something, all we will ever have are party line politicians, grooming new party line politicians and the cycle will never be broken.

I agree voting the old gaurd out is our responsibility. However, the greatest responsibility lies with our fresh, new, optimistic, idealistic replacements, to maintain their spines. :)

• When I referenced Spineless B'tches, I was referring to those that leave rather that stand in the way of somebody they view as bad for the country. If "new guys" are leaving because it is not what they expected and they don't like the "tow the party line" pressure. They to are spineless and any voting we do to "drain the swamp" will be negated. If the good, new people leave and the new people willing to tow the party line stay. How do we ever get ahead.

Those with new ideas, methods and outlooks should stay rather than leave. Eventually they would be the majority as the old gaurd is voted out. If the good ones continue to bail rather than stand for something, all we will ever have are party line politicians, grooming new party line politicians and the cycle will never be broken.

I agree voting the old gaurd out is our responsibility. However, the greatest responsibility lies with our fresh, new, optimistic, idealistic replacements, to maintain their spines. :)

NAILED IT !!!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I ran across something today that I find quite disturbing. We all have been inundated with the term “fake news”. Please take a look at this article and video within:
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/david…-peele-psa-video-buzzfeed

If you pay close attention you can see something is just not right with Obama’s mouth but would you catch it if you had not watched him quite a bit. This strikes me as VERY dangerous to our society. The fact that a large portion of the population gets all their news from social media they can now make any leader make statements that look very real and fit their political leaning. How many would actually vet a video as seen above?? You guys think this is as dangerous as I do or am I overthinking this??

• RIP Barbara Bush !! Hail to a wonderful life in service to the USA. Married 73 years and raising a political dynasty without scandal or controversy. She should be a model for any First Lady - feel really bad for George - how do you wake up after 3/4 of a century and she is not there??? Congrats to her for a truly beautiful life !!

• I ran across something today that I find quite disturbing. We all have been inundated with the term “fake news”. Please take a look at this article and video within:

If you pay close attention you can see something is just not right with Obama’s mouth but would you catch it if you had not watched him quite a bit. This strikes me as VERY dangerous to our society. The fact that a large portion of the population gets all their news from social media they can now make any leader make statements that look very real and fit their political leaning. How many would actually vet a video as seen above?? You guys think this is as dangerous as I do or am I overthinking this??

Interesting. It doesn't quite sound like Obama, but like you pointed out, how many folks would catch this?

Send lawyers, guns and money!

I for one sure wish people would stand up and fight for accuracy. My run ins with trying to spread truth or at least accurate information based on generally accepted reference sources are usually followed with "fuck/screw you what are you a democrat" or "I was just kidding, can't you take a joke" or to be unfriended. Meanwhile kids or the under-informed are believing it and spreading it further as a truth

The challenge for all of us is will you provide correct information even if doesn't look good or contradicts your personal viewpoint? I think the number of people willing to correct a stranger or get involved is limited.

• The one thing that most people do not think about is keeping the jobs in the USA. What will we do when they are all gone. We will not be able to even make paper to wipe our A__. All they care is paying the cheapest price they can and if the item breaks , buy another one. Don't get me started on this. I would not buy a damn thing not made in the USA if I had a choice. Yes I was a union official and I do know the one thing that the USA needs is jobs. Stop giving away America PEOPLE.

This one? You said " Don't get me started on this". :D

• Someone had posted something about some law that had been passed years ago and was the best thing that had happened in the USA. Then I had the come back of "Yes it did one thing for us and lowered the education standards.

Yes - they herd em thru the grades like cattle so “no child is left behind”. Lot of high school graduates are barely literate. The education we got back in our day - a high school diploma is equal to a college Bachelors Degree now!! US education is at an all time low IMO!!

• Wonder what the liberal media is gonna say now?? N Korea is suspending their nuclear testing of ICBM’s and shutting down the facility. Hope it is not one of their tricks again but Trump is on the road to solving a 60 year old problem that NO ONE ELSE has even come close. Guess the media will say he is colluding with N Korea now :00008359:

• On the education subject we need to protect and expand shop classes. We have over 500 people apply for testing for one of our jobs when they come open and probably 400 of them fail the part in reading a tape measure.