Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Beginnings
    The king wanted to gofishing, and he asked the royal weather forecasterthe forecast for the next few hours. The palace meteorologistassured him that there was no chance of rain.

So the king and the queen went fishing. On the way he meta man with a fishing pole riding on a donkey, and he asked the man if the fish were biting.
    The fisherman said, "Your Majesty, you should return to thepalace! In just a short time I expect a huge rain storm."

The king replied: "I hold the palace meteorologist in high regard. He is an educated and experienced professional. Besides,I pay him very high wages. He gave me a very differentforecast. I trust him."

So the king continued on his way. However, in a short time a torrential rain fell from the sky. The King andQueen were totally soaked. Furious,the king returned to the palace and gave the order to fire the meteorologist. Then he summoned the fisherman and offered him the prestigious position of royal forecaster.

The fisherman said, "Your Majesty, I do not know anything aboutforecasting. I obtain my information from my donkey. If Isee my donkey's ears drooping, it means with certainty that it will rain."

So the king hired the donkey.

And thus began the practice of hiring dumb asses to work in influential positions of government. The practice is unbroken tothis date.

Thus, the democrat party symbol was born!

• Sounds like "much ado about nothing". Over 50% of those that voted didn't/don't like Trump. That's not counting those that didn't vote. Obviously some would be in the DOJ and FBI. Doesn't mean they behaved immoral. There was reference to two FBI people seeking "insurance" that Trump isn't elected. However, only "insurance" is in quotes. That could easily be out of context.

Was there ever a renewal? The process is given, which "requires new info each time". They never mention a renewal, yet site timelines that suggest there was one.

As stated in the memo, the Steele Dossier was "in its infancy" and "minimally corroborated" when they sought the FISA warrant and McCabe said that "the FISA wouldn't have been issued without The Steele Dossier".
    The Steele Dossier is quite long, with a lot of info on it. Does "minimally corroborated" mean, 10 out of a hundred things were corroberated, 1 out of a hundred, or those things corroborated are only minimally corroborated?
    If they would elaborate on that point, maybe they have something. If 10 out of 100 damning things were corroborated, then I would give the warrant also. The FBI would have submitted the corroborating Intel. Yet this memo is written as if there was no other info.(except for the Popedopolus connection they rebuke)

I'm sure many of you, like myself, wondered who's side Comey was on. Heck, even Trump would praise him one week and ridicule him the next. His announcement to reopen the investigation a week before the election tanked Hillary's poll numbers(Trump received good poll numbers for his speech, polls can be trusted again ;) ). His first public opening of an investigation tanked her numbers. I feel he was doing his job as honestly and unbiased as he could, to the detriment of Hillary. Her numbers never rebounded after that last one, even after the "nothing there, closing investigation" statement. I don't think he was on Hillary's side. I never felt Comey should have been fired.

That memo is written deceptively to spin a narrative. Either that or so heavily redacted it is nothing more than a conspiracy theory anymore.

I hope the Dems and Feds can release their newly printed memos also. I really dislike one source information.

• I’m with ya on this one - this whole thing is just bullshit political posturing - POLITICS SUCK AGAIN!!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it