Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• You guys will be happy to know that Trump will do all 4 years. Sadly for you he won't see a second term.

I don't think it's coincidence that the first Super Bowl under Trump was LI(e), the second a bigger LII(e), the third even bigger LIII(e), the fourth indicates his downfall LI(e)V(goes down). :D

• If the economy is still barreling like it is now in 3 years you will eat those words. If folks are seein more money in their pockets they could give a crap about liberal - kumbaya politics - take that to the bank!!! GO CAPITALISM!!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I seen Nancy's statement. Technically, since the Republicans have the numbers to pass it on their own, she is correct that it would be the Republicans fault. However that is only in the world of partisan politics, which sadly we live in. I blame both sides for almost everything that is and will become screwed up.

• Technically, since the Republicans have the numbers to pass it on their own, she is correct that it would be the Republicans fault.

Um ... the CR passed in the House ......and needs 60 votes to pass in the Senate .... you do understand there are only 51 Senators with an R next to their name ..... with only 50 available to vote since McCain's arrogance won't allow him to step down ......

Now what was that about facts ......... hmm02-smiley-face.gif

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Um ... the CR passed in the House ......and needs 60 votes to pass in the Senate .... you do understand there are only 51 Senators with an R next to their name ..... with only 50 available to vote since McCain's arrogance won't allow him to step down ......

Now what was that about facts ......... hmm02-smiley-face.gif

You got me, I didn't really check. However as @BONES pointed out Republicans are getting elected as Democrats, so who knows if some of those (D)s aren't secretly (R)s. :D

I personally have more respect for any Republican that votes it down and any Democrat that votes for it. Good or bad, it shows that person is truly a free thinker.

• @WOLF “truly a free thinker” :00008172:
    More than 1/2 can’t think on there own, get told what to think, say, believe & bitch about .... that’s the problem!

There’s a reason I don’t check this thread as much anymore!

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• @WOLF “truly a free thinker” :00008172:
    More than 1/2 can’t think on there own, get told what to think, say, believe & bitch about .... that’s the problem!

There’s a reason I don’t check this thread as much anymore!

Exactly the reason I respect those that go against their own parties agendas once and a while.

Especially now days when one no vote against your party gets you labeled, "arrogant, traitor, stupid....".

• You are correct - some of our legislators are just beyond words
    Political grand standing should be eliminated from national discourse. Can you imagine if a Republican tried to impeach Obama over and over he would have been

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Interesting situation if the federal government shuts down. Military members will continue to work without pay while welfare recipients will continue to get paid for not working.

That there is F-d up!

I think one party, in this instance the Dems, should just all vote yes. They should continue to vote yes on everything the opposing party proposes.

The party that applies that tactic first will be infallible. If things go well, they voted for it. If they go bad, it was the other parties plan. To the people they will appear genuinely trying to end gridlock. :thumbsup:

Also, parties will stop proposing bullshit, they wouldn't even vote for, just so they can say the other side is holding things up. It's easy to throw up garbage when you know the other side won't let it fly.

• The real kick in the ass, this bill doesn't contain anything the dems are against.

• I have never been more disgusted in the dysfunction in our political system. We send these fools to congress to solve problems and enact legislation that is in the best interest of the citizens of this great country. If this dysfunction continues it will tear this country apart. The irony is that if you listen to some of the rhetoric from these nuts, you wonder how in the world were they voted into Congress in the first place! Just to be clear, I am a Black American who long ago divorced myself from the Democrats and I'm now an Independent; however the dysfunction is rooted across the board and no one party can claim to have risen above it. How in the hell can we run our government by simply printing more money and borrowing from our adversaries? Why can't I simply go to the bank every January and borrow money so that I can spend above my means?

This crap sickens me!