Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Listen to the “Never Trumpers” - Obama is the reason for the stock market surge - he never blamed anything on Bush (except for the first 8 years he was President ;( ) and his policies were just set to take off when he left office. Don’t ya wish Obama coulda served one more term - imagine where we would be now ???
    23A6C553-D0FA-4E75-AB4B-03104B5E28BA.gif

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Everything I read said the Azolla effect caused a cooling that brought us to the temperate climates we have now. Not "The Ice Age". Before the Azolla the poles were tropical. Then again, my reading comprehension may not be tip top. Let's face it, words don't always mean what their definition implies now days.

• Let's face it, words don't always mean what their definition implies now days.

Preach'n to the choir there brother .... preach'n to the choir ......... laugh-squared

EDIT: Sorry never clarified ... in a geologic time frame we have not yet exited the last "ice age" since the poles are still/continue to be covered in ice. Unlike most of the Earths history since life has existed. We are technically now in an interglacial, as opposed to the ice age or glacial time that was triggered by the Azolla effect. But that there would also mean a warming trend would be following a natural historical progression ......... but don't confuse Gore with that tidbit of info .......

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().

• Listen to the “Never Trumpers” - Obama is the reason for the stock market surge - he never blamed anything on Bush (except for the first 8 years he was President ;( ) and his policies were just set to take off when he left office. Don’t ya wish Obama coulda served one more term - imagine where we would be now ???
    23A6C553-D0FA-4E75-AB4B-03104B5E28BA.gif

We've been over this Bill. You blame Obama for something.

Let's figure this out. The crash under Bush Jr. was because of Clinton policies.

The recovery and stock market record highs(means it was never that high before) that were occurring in the last couple years of Obama were because of Bush policies.

Day one of Trump being in office, new stock market record highs and continued record highs are from Trump(not so much policies, but promise).

Where is there room to blame Obama for anything? ?(:D

• No blame here to the liberal God of Gods - I give Obama all the credit for the worst GDP of any President ever. Remember to keep this in mind - every time you peak at your retirement fund and smile - look over your shoulder - than is TRUMP smiling down on ya :thumbsup:

• I’m a state employee since I work for a university. We have a choice of pension vs Self managed. I went with self managed since I live in Illinois. Our pension is very underfunded. So far I’m outpacing the pension money by about 28% at last check.

• @bjk81 it's nice they give you a choice. I have a 403b that I put money into for play money during retirement. I like the comfort of a pension, especially after watching my wife's 401k plummet during the crash. I honestly hope everyone on a 401k or similar can retire miraculously during good times. Sadly some people will face the bad scenario.

@Orangeman some good science news. :)

New measurement confirms: The ozone is coming back – Ars Technica

• Old Age at it's BEST

Russ andSam, two friends, met in the park every day to feed the pigeons, watch thesquirrels and discuss world problems.
    One dayRuss didn't show up. Sam didn't think much about it and figured maybe he had acold or something.. But after Russ hadn't shown up for a week or so, Sam reallygot worried. However, since the only time they ever got together was at thepark, Sam didn't know where Russ lived, so he was unable to find out what hadhappened to him.
    A monthhad passed, and Sam figured he had seen the last of Russ, but one day, Samapproached the park and -- lo and behold -- there sat Russ!
    Sam wasvery excited and happy to see him and told him so. Then he said, 'For cryingout loud Russ, what in the world happened to you?'
    Russreplied, 'I have been in jail.'
    'Jail!'cried Sam. What in the world for?'
    'Well,'Russ said, 'you know Sue, that cute little blonde waitress at the coffee shopwhere I sometimes go?'
    'Yeah,'said Sam, 'I remember her. What about her?
    'Well,one day she filed rape charges against me; and, at 89 years old, I was so proudthat when I got into court, I pled 'guilty'.
    'The damn judge gave me 30 days for perjury’

• SOOOOO!! Oprah for President in 2020 ?? Looks like the Libs are creamin in their jeans at the thought of it. One thing for sure - a Trump vs Oprah will be another epic battle - maybe Hillary for her VP - we just think the country is polarized now

<X<X<X:00000003::00008862:

• I haven't read anything saying she would run as a Democrat,Ooo ooo. I did here an old quote from Trump saying "she would be a good choice, smart, popular...." He even "entertained the thought of her as a running mate" supposedly. Oprah fits your, "self made, billionaire, great business person" criteria. Maybe she'll save the Republicans from themselves and run as a Republican. :D

I find it hard to vote for celebrities for President, or most higher political positions. Sorry, Arnold(The Terminator), Jesse(The Body), Donald(The ?), Oprah(The ?)...I wouldn't vote for you.

• I haven't read anything saying she would run as a Democrat,Ooo ooo. I did here an old quote from Trump saying "she would be a good choice, smart, popular...." He even "entertained the thought of her as a running mate" supposedly. Oprah fits your, "self made, billionaire, great business person" criteria. Maybe she'll save the Republicans from themselves and run as a Republican. :D

I find it hard to vote for celebrities for President, or most higher political positions. Sorry, Arnold(The Terminator), Jesse(The Body), Donald(The ?), Oprah(The ?)...I wouldn't vote for you.

If Trump has a heart attack and dies and it winds up being a race between Hillary and Oprah I could see myself out campaigning for Oprah - besides who could beat her campaign slogan