Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Appears you really can’t blame Delta on this one - there are liberal left wing nuts employed everywhere - ya can’t fix stupid !!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Appears you really can’t blame Delta on this one - there are liberal left wing nuts employed everywhere - ya can’t fix stupid !!!

Well I’m sure going to love hearing Trump tell the owners of the airline that they have to let people sing the National Anthem on flights from now on. That press conference coming up at the 5 O’clock news hour.

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Well I’m sure going to love hearing Trump tell the owners of the airline that they have to let people sing the National Anthem on flights from now on. That press conference coming up at the 5 O’clock news hour.

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Can’t defend the Prez much on that - don’t think he has figured out his office is way above some of the petty things he chimes in on - hopefully he will learn with more experience. :)

• Damn straight. But also keep in mind that society has become too sensitive and believe that we can't offend anyone... hell with that. No matter how hard I try, you can find someone to disagree with you on anything. If you want to sing it, sing it. Don't give a damn who I piss off unless it's my wife... I have to live with her. On the other hand, why is it that "WE" are so pissed off at an NFL players for taking a knee? Isn't it the same thing... standing up for what you believe? Why are we so insulted that someone has another message good or bad that we have to be insulted all the time? Live and let live if you ask me. I think it may be silly personally, but I respect someone else's opinion to do what they want. Stop crying about it. Insulting to our armed forces? I know they aren't taking a knee to disrespect our arm forces and even if they were, I'm not going to stone someone because I disagree with it. I also have the right to stop watching NFL games if I choose to too. This woman can sing all she wants to whomever she wants to. That's why my iPone has ear buds and a volume on it if I don't want to listen. Hopefully she's a good singer. I'll join her and probably ruin the tune, but it was for a good cause... in my opinion. What's insulting to me is farting in a plain when you have assigned seats or not showing for a month and then farting on a plain... really anything with a fart in small places...

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• Damn straight. But also keep in mind that society has become too sensitive and believe that we can't offend anyone... hell with that. No matter how hard I try, you can find someone to disagree with you on anything. If you want to sing it, sing it. Don't give a damn who I piss off unless it's my wife... I have to live with her. On the other hand, why is it that "WE" are so pissed off at an NFL players for taking a knee? Isn't it the same thing... standing up for what you believe? Why are we so insulted that someone has another message good or bad that we have to be insulted all the time? Live and let live if you ask me. I think it may be silly personally, but I respect someone else's opinion to do what they want. Stop crying about it. Insulting to our armed forces? I know they aren't taking a knee to disrespect our arm forces and even if they were, I'm not going to stone someone because I disagree with it. I also have the right to stop watching NFL games if I choose to too. This woman can sing all she wants to whomever she wants to. That's why my iPone has ear buds and a volume on it if I don't want to listen. Hopefully she's a good singer. I'll join her and probably ruin the tune, but it was for a good cause... in my opinion. What's insulting to me is farting in a plain when you have assigned seats or not showing for a month and then farting on a plain... really anything with a fart in small places...

I agree with your “live and let live” outlook and you can turn off the NFL. However, where does it stop?? Let’s say I think pants are offensive and personally objectionable to me. I go to the local mall where your wife/daughter shops to protest removing my pants, throwing the American flag on the floor, pissin on it then setting it on fire shouting “Death to America”. Is it not his right to protest his personal injustice to his thinking??? I think you might find that scenario quite disturbing!! Just because you have the right does not mean you should - the NFL is showing disrespect no matter how anybody spins it !!! After all Hillary supports them - THERES YOUR SIGN!! :00008359:

• I agree with your “live and let live” outlook and you can turn off the NFL. However, where does it stop?? Let’s say I think pants are offensive and personally objectionable to me. I go to the local mall where your wife/daughter shops to protest removing my pants, throwing the American flag on the floor, pissin on it then setting it on fire shouting “Death to America”. Is it not his right to protest his personal injustice to his thinking??? I think you might find that scenario quite disturbing!! Just because you have the right does not mean you should - the NFL is showing disrespect no matter how anybody spins it !!! After all Hillary supports them - THERES YOUR SIGN!! :00008359:

Everything still comes down to common sense though. I hate the fact that our schools are so PC that there are no winners or losers. It's not life as when you go apply for a job, you aren't entitled to get it. There is a winner and a looser and the one who worked there ass off hopefully gets it. People who work hard at things SHOULD be rewarded. As you brought her up... everyone is offended that Hillary used a personal email server... "Lock her up, Lock her up"... sure... and yet no one says anything about the former Republican cabinet and Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice and that fact that they were using personal email servers... and then the stupidity of the current administration that after all that went down, now they are getting caught for the same thing. Really? It's offensive that some people can be so stupid and then we elect them to the white house... Stupid is what stupid does. But yet why are we so "offended" that Hillary did it? Was it stupid? Sure, absolutely. What even more stupid is just about lynching someone for something and then doing the same thing yourself and think you should be treated differently. ... but somehow it's not the same when people we like do it... must be different then... somehow... maybe...

Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• Everything still comes down to common sense though. I hate the fact that our schools are so PC that there are no winners or losers. It's not life as when you go apply for a job, you aren't entitled to get it. There is a winner and a looser and the one who worked there ass off hopefully gets it. People who work hard at things SHOULD be rewarded. As you brought her up... everyone is offended that Hillary used a personal email server... "Lock her up, Lock her up"... sure... and yet no one says anything about the former Republican cabinet and Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice and that fact that they were using personal email servers... and then the stupidity of the current administration that after all that went down, now they are getting caught for the same thing. Really? It's offensive that some people can be so stupid and then we elect them to the white house... Stupid is what stupid does. But yet why are we so "offended" that Hillary did it? Was it stupid? Sure, absolutely. What even more stupid is just about lynching someone for something and then doing the same thing yourself and think you should be treated differently. ... but somehow it's not the same when people we like do it... must be different then... somehow... maybe...

Don’t be like a liberal and deflect. I’m still standing in the mall with my pecker in my hand, flag smoldering, chanting “Death to America” as you walk by. I have the right - would that be OK ??? I realize this is absurd but sometimes it takes that to make a point !!

• @Bill Martin... LOL... sorry, would you be offended if I actually laughed out loud at that mental image... wow, I can't unsee that.

Would I be offended, nope. I would think you are mentally retarded and I'd go shop at the other end of the mall until I knew you had been taken away. Would I be offended if you did it in my driveway? Nope... but you better know how to run with your pants down as I do believe the buckshot is faster than you for being on my property. The only thing that could piss me off is if you come up and smack me across the face... but then you may end up in the hospital. I don't really get offended at much. I've seen some really f'up stuff in my life.

Now do I find it offensive the 9/11 attacks. Absolutely and we needed to go after the people involved and cram a missile someplace as they came into our back yard to hurt innocent people just for the hell of it. Do I think we should have gone to Iraq? Hell no and it destabilized the entire region and we're still paying for it. I don't go looking for a fight, but I know how to finish one.

If you want to go to the mall and set yourself on fire and run around naked dressed in a flag or not, who the hell am I to say you can't do it. You impact my home or my family (and 9/11 was such an event)... you and I will have issues. I don't much care what you do to yourself...

• I must admit that image of me would be quite disturbing :D and I get your point - I would be highly offended. Guess that’s why they make chocolate and vanilla ice cream :00008172:

• @Bill Martin I must admit that image of me would be quite disturbing and I get your point - I would be highly offended. Guess that’s why they make chocolate and vanilla ice cream

Bill... let me ask this then as I find it interesting you would be offended. I wouldn't be offended... I could say I'd find it disturbing, but what the hell do I care that someone wants to make an ass out of themselves. No?

• Bill... let me ask this then as I find it interesting you would be offended. I wouldn't be offended... I could say I'd find it disturbing, but what the hell do I care that someone wants to make an ass out of themselves. No?

Definition of libertarian

:an advocate of the doctrine of free will
    :a person who upholds the principles of individual liberty especially of thought and action

...... angel-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I do have many liberal views, yes. I also don't believe in social free-bees and think hard work should be rewarded. I believe in God and country, but don't think others should agree with me as I really don't give a crap if you do or don't. I think it's more about not giving a crap more than anything LOL.

• AFTERFLIGHT 77 HIT THE PENTAGON ON 9/11, THE FOLLOWING HAPPENED..

Adaycare facility inside the Pentagon had many children, including infants whowere in heavy cribs. The daycare supervisor, looking at allthe children they needed to evacuate, was in a panic over what they coulddo.

Therewere many children, mostly toddlers, as well as the infants that would need tobe taken out with the cribs. There was no time to tryto bundle them into carriers and strollers.

Justthen a young Marine came running into the center and asked what they needed.After hearing what the center director was tryingto do, he ran back out into the hallway and disappeared. The director thought,"Well, here we are, on our own."

About 2minutes later, that Marine returned with 40 other Marines in tow. Each of themgrabbed a crib with a child, and the rest started gathering up toddlers. Thedirector and her staff then helped them take all the children out of the centerand down toward the park near the Potomac.

Oncethey got about 3/4 of a mile outside the building, the Marines stopped in thepark, and then did a fabulous thing - they formeda circle with the cribs, which were quite sturdy and heavy, like the coveredwagons in the Old West. Insidethis circle of cribs, they put the toddlers, to keep them from wandering off.Outside this circle were the 40 Marines, forming aperimeter around the children and waiting for instructions. There they remaineduntil the parents could be notified and come get their children.

Thechaplain then said, "I don't think any of us saw nor heard of this on anyof the news stories of the day. It was an incredible story of ourmen there.” There wasn't a dry eye in the room. Thethought of those Marines and what they did and how fast they reacted; could weexpect any less from them? It was one of the most touching stories from thePentagon.

It'sthe Military, not the politicians that ensure our right to life, liberty, andthe pursuit of happiness. It's the Military who salutes the flag,who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag.

If youcare to offer the smallest token of recognition and appreciation for themilitary, please pass this on and pray for our men andwomen, who have served and are currently serving our country, and pray forthose who have given the ultimate sacrifice
    forfreedom.

• Guess if the NFL was there they woulda took a knee ;(